Auburn is a top 10 team rn...

austudnt23

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

I give u Alabama, but we have a better defense that UGA imo and are very close 1a 1b with Bama. If Pettway can get healthy we have the better offensemble than both tho. UGA I didn't see their game today I admit due to me tailgating and other activities before game. I don't see UGA coming here and beating us with a freshman this year. I don't want to hear they did last year either this is a different team than last year. SW gave them the game last year.

It is too early to compare with Georgia's defense. They looked impressive in their last too games. Not sure if they are at full strength today. Just say both are good enough with support by a good offense and special teams.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Going to come down to us against UGA.  Barring injuries to Stidham and multiple starters on the D, we are going to roll through the rest of the schedule because we are more talented than Ole Miss, Arky and Texas A&M and while LSU has talent, their dumbass AD hired an imbecile as HC in Orgeron.

wde

No way UGA comes in with a healthy Stidham and beats us with a freshman. Undefeated until bama. We will have another gane test our will and have to battle to win, but this team has heart and alot of people that know football  more than me feel very good. Locker room chemistry is very good.

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I give u Alabama, but we have a better defense that UGA imo and are very close 1a 1b with Bama. If Pettway can get healthy we have the better offensethan both tho. UGA I didn't see their game today I admit due to me tailgating and other activities before game. I don't see UGA coming here and beating us with a freshman this year. I don't want to hear they did last year either this is a different team than last year. SW gave them the game last year. Also some might want to watch Clemson they are killing VA Tech at VA Tech.

Our D and UGA's D are basically a draw.  They RBs are far better than ours even if ours are healthy.  Stidham, the play of our OL and our WRs and play calling on O will be the difference.

wde

Our D and UGA's D are basically a draw.  They RBs are far better than ours even if ours are healthy.  Stidham, the play of our OL and our WRs and play calling on O will be the difference.

wde

Our defense fully healthy is better. Our dbs are better. I don't think yall realize how good Tre Williams is. 

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

No way UGA comes in with a healthy Stidham and beats us with a freshman. Undefeated until bama. We will have another gane test our will and have to battle to win, but this team has heart and alot of people that know football  more than me feel very good. Locker room chemistry is very good.

UGA has beaten us with far less than what they have now.  That freshman is good and getting better, plus he has three very good RBs to lean on.

wde

wde

If we had Chubb and Mitchell, we'd be in the playoffs.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

UGA has beaten us with far less than what they have now.  That freshman is good and getting better, plus he has three very good RBs to lean on.

wde

Truth.

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I got us at 11 at worst, maybe 10. Its a 39 point win over a ranked team. Georgia and UA will probably in be in top 5 so we got a very interesting end to this quest for playoffs 

This early in the season rankings are very arbitrary. Sorta like being anointed. I doubt Miss St. is one of the best 25 teams out there. There victory early in the season over an over rated (ranked) LSU team contributed to being ranked much higher than they deserve. Just unfounded opinions at this point and really means nothing yet.

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Pretty much. Georgia's defense is pretty incredible right now, and looked very talented even last year. We'll be the first team Georgia plays that can match them talent to talent overall, and the first DL that can get in Fromm's face. That's an advantage 

wde

On the bright side, they have a senior laden team overall. #HappyThoughts

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pretty much. Georgia's defense is pretty incredible right now, and looked very talented even last year. We'll be the first team Georgia plays that can match them talent to talent overall, and the first DL that can get in Fromm's face. That's an advantage 

I agree.

wde

A great defense does wonders for confidence. Just add miller to the rotation and he should be a bit lower than a 100% pettway's value and that's better than handicapping our run game even more. Can't run KJ into the ground...that happens and we're screwed.

Just now, AUwent said:

On the bright side, they have a senior laden team overall. #HappyThoughts

Gus has to beat UGA this year.  No excuses.

wde

2 minutes ago, auskull said:

This early in the season rankings are very arbitrary. Sorta like being anointed. I doubt Miss St. is one of the best 25 teams out there. There victory early in the season over an over rated (ranked) LSU team contributed to being ranked much higher than they deserve. Just unfounded opinions at this point and really means nothing yet.

I mean Miss St is still a pretty good team, relatively. Their defensive front is pretty good, and their offense looks good with a healthy Fitz and not playing a top 5 defense. They'd blow out most of this conference definitely

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean Miss St is still a pretty good team, relatively. Their defensive front is pretty good, and their offense looks good with a healthy Fitz and not playing a top 5 defense. They'd blow out most of this conference definitely

Maybe. I'll admit their schedule was brutal but so far their best win was against LSU who just lost to Troy. Not looking good for them. IF we don't beat LSU then we can reevaluate our status but all signs are pointing towards ending a losing streak in Baton Rouge. 

I really want to get excited, but I just don't think Miss St is any good. If it turns out they are then wow we are really good. But even if they are as bad as they look the sec is just not very good this year and we should have a minimum of an 8 or 9 win season. I'll take it for now and hope we can keep improving.:wareagle:

14 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

We will see I admit they are better than I thought. Like I have been saying I feel we are going into Iron Bowl with 1 loss. Also the UGA game is here with the freshman. Our dline os best in conference there is no question that. I would put our dbs on par with bama and our lbs are very good. I'll take a healthy Kam P and KJ over Chubb and Michel. We strated bad but we have righted the ship just in time. I really like this team. I still think if we had KJ against Clemson we would have won. I have been a critic saying he wasn't everydown back while he hasn't proven to stay healthy kid plays his heart out and finds the end zone. 

16 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

You mean like Pat Dye? :laugh: 

19 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I really want to get excited, but I just don't think Miss St is any good. If it turns out they are then wow we are really good. But even if they are as bad as they look the sec is just not very good this year and we should have a minimum of an 8 or 9 win season. I'll take it for now and hope we can keep improving.:wareagle:

You won't be getting excited for a while then cuz the sec is hot dookie outside of us, bammer, and uga. C'mon man bask in it! This didn't seem to be in our future a few weeks ago.

@austudnt23, our run blocking has been very poor. Our backs are gimpy and we are net trying to rest them. If we get that fixed, then I will be right there with you. Until we can run for more than 3 yards a clip, I will be worried against UGA and UA.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@austudnt23, our run blocking has been very poor. Our backs are gimpy and we are net trying to rest them. If we get that fixed, then I will be right there with you. Until we can run for more than 3 yards a clip, I will be worried against UGA and UA.

And I am sorry, but even a healthy KJ and Pettway are not the same caliber of RB as Chubb and Michel.  Throw in Swift and UGA has a huge advantage in the RB department even if all of ours are healthy.

wde

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We have along time before those games. We had to get offense in a rhythm that has been the purpose of the past 2 games. We are not running the offense that we have to rush for 300 plus a game. Stidham is damn near perfect the past 3 weeks.  I admit Alabama is GOOD.  

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yeah I think it'd be good to get Malik and Devan some good playing time next week.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is what drives me nuts. Even the most casual fan knows we can't keep running our injured starting running backs into the ground. Barrett looks to me to have KJ talent. Miller looks better than the injured Pettway in everyway. Someone smack Gus in the back of the head.

Archived