***Auburn vs. Mississippi State -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Your up 18 and you just held MSU on a 4th down play. What does Malzahn call 2 freakin run plays right up the middle. And on that 2nd run play lay in on the ground and State recovers at around AU's 40. Gus, love your play calling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, our run game is disappointing to say the least. I think it will come along - as Stat had said in a post a couple of weeks ago, they changed to zone blocking. If thats the case, that means not only do the OL have to get used to it, but the RBs are seeing things they aren't used to as well. Not a fan of screwing up what was working well. 

Ok seriously, we joke about Martin but is there word on whether he is actually hurt or is just riding the bench? Seriously I loved Pettway last season but he has nothing in him this season due to possibly injury of whatever reason. Why are we putting him out there at all? Even if both are hurt Miller is not and he’s a good between the tackles kind of guy. Jesus just get a capable back out there. 

Just now, auburn4ever said:

Your up 18 and you just held MSU on a 4th down play. What does Malzahn call 2 freakin run plays right up the middle. And on that 2nd run play lay in on the ground and State recovers at around AU's 40. Gus, love your play calling.

It actually Chip that called those plays, but since he is a hand picked Gus-guy like Kodi, I get your drift.

wde

Pettway's 30% at best in my mind. That kind of injury though he has to be telling the coaches. His pride is probably keeping him from telling them how bad it's hurting.

So is Gus still messing with the offense? Run, run, pass, punt is Gus ball. We are keeping an inferior team in the game. We should be passing to set up the run, not grinding out tough runs every 1st and 2nd down.

At some point you gotta show confidence in barrett and run him and not just on obvious swing passes! 

wow. thought that was a 1st down...but he never caught it.  Auburn takes over on downs AGAIN and with great field position.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

It can't be both ways. Chip is getting credit when plays work and Gus when they don't. 

Just now, mikeholiday said:

Not good enough. Tired of being curb stomped by Bama. 

Bama on your mind and it’s only week 5? A shame I only see you on gameday. :-\

Archived