next Head Coach

Eagle-1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

The bye week and seeing teams ahead of us lose, that would’ve made us top 5. Just gets me even more aggravated than the in game aggravation. Geez

Yes, but lucky for us, the media is already hyping the what if scenario for us. If we beat an unbeaten Bama and UGA x2. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yes, but lucky for us, the media is already hyping the what if scenario for us. If we beat an unbeaten Bama and UGA x2. 

I agree, the only plus side, but that LSU loss is going to sting me for a long while 

Just now, DAG said:

If Gus manages to win out including beating the Dawgs twice and gets us in the playoff I swear I will never say a cross word about him ever again...well, at least til next year but I would give him a break. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I agree, the only plus side, but that LSU loss is going to sting me for a long while 

Yep it hurts because we would be on the bubble right now...at least #6

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

If Gus manages to win out including beating the Dawgs twice and gets us in the playoff I swear I will never say a cross word about him ever again...well, at least til next year but I would give him a break. 

Haha, the tune will certainly change around here. Aggies are getting dominated. Who is starting the no excuse thread for next week?

Just now, DAG said:

Yep it hurts because we would be on the bubble right now...at least #6

That’s what irks me, had we not lost and won out there wouldn’t be “bubble” talk ?

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

And LSU fans are thinking right about now... what if we win at Tuscaloosa and beat Georgia in the SEC championship? I'm not even sure a Gus Malzahn coached team is good enough to win at college station, let alone beat two of the best teams in college football. 

Clearly, the hyped up media have been reading this forum because anyone who has actually watched this team play knows that Auburn doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as Georgia and Alabama. That's not an indictment against the Tigers overall talent but the lack of quality coaching. While I'm hoping for a historical end to the regular season, my gut tells me, they'll be thoroughly outmatched in both games.

23 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

And LSU fans are thinking right about now... what if we win at Tuscaloosa and beat Georgia in the SEC championship? I'm not even sure a Gus Malzahn coached team is good enough to win at college station, let alone beat two of the best teams in college football. 

Clearly, the hyped up media have been reading this forum because anyone who has actually watched this team play knows that Auburn doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as Georgia and Alabama. That's not an indictment against the Tigers overall talent but the lack of quality coaching. While I'm hoping for a historical end to the regular season, my gut tells me, they'll be thoroughly outmatched in both games.

LSU will not beat Alabama with that QB they have. Alabama will make them one dimensional.  

We should have beat them, but went into that offensive cacoon,and lost momentum. CAnt do that on the road.

Just now, steeleagle said:

LSU will not beat Alabama with that QB they have. Alabama will make them one dimensional.  

We should have beat them, but went into that offensive cacoon,and lost momentum. CAnt do that on the road.

well it was honestly embarrassing we let danny etling throw for 200 on us. He had only one 200 yard passing game all season coming in to our game and that was against chattanooga.

Sorry to change the subject, but one head coach some had on their list may be moving to Gainsville soon, someone said it a few pages back, but now it looks even more likely with the tirn of events today

Just now, Auhud08 said:

Sorry to change the subject, but one head coach some had on their list may be moving to Gainsville soon, someone said it a few pages back, but now it looks even more likely with the tirn of events today

If our job were to come open we are more attractive just because WE ARE LOADED and it would not take much for a huge turnaround. Florida flat out has no talent on offense.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

well it was honestly embarrassing we let danny etling throw for 200 on us. He had only one 200 yard passing game all season coming in to our game and that was against chattanooga.

please don't remind me. lol. If we had run any form of aggressive offense, his numbers would not have been like that. 

But, I hate it when mediocre qbs beat us. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If our job were to come open we are more attractive just because WE ARE LOADED and it would not take much for a huge turnaround. Florida flat out has no talent on offense.

I dont disagree, but i think mullen has been waiting for the UF job. 

Just now, Auhud08 said:

Greg Byrne was the former Miss St AD who is his boy. Not Scott Strickland. I would be suprised if they hired him. But hey would make life easier for us!!! Miss St would go back to being the worst team in the sec west easily. They would never come close to a coach of his caliber again.

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

please don't remind me. lol. If we had run any form of aggressive offense, his numbers would not have been like that. 

But, I hate it when mediocre qbs beat us. 

Honestly one of the worst QBs to beat us in recent memory. grrrrrrrrrr

13 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Spurrier wants Stoops

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Spurrier wants Stoops

Is Spurrier going to be in on the new HC decision?

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Spurrier wants Stoops

A lot of schools will be calling Stoops agent to judge interest! The question is will he listen?

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Greg Byrne was the former Miss St AD who is his boy. Not Scott Strickland. I would be suprised if they hired him. But hey would make life easier for us!!! Miss St would go back to being the worst team in the sec west easily. They would never come close to a coach of his caliber again.

You could potentially have half the league looking for new head coaches. Ugh.

5 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

A lot of schools will be calling Stoops agent to judge interest! The question is will he listen?

I doubt it. Sounds like he is enjoying retirement. And he still goes up and hangs around OU.

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly one of the worst QBs to beat us in recent memory. grrrrrrrrrr

Id rather watch Reggie Ball and Matt Jones beat us 100 times than watch Etling best us once

22 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You could potentially have half the league looking for new head coaches. Ugh.

and honestly NONE would scare me if ours were to come open on competing with someone to get a coach besides TAMU because of the whole money thing. As far as short term who looks the most attractive? It would be us without a doubt. We easily are set up for a new coach to have initial success a lot quicker than all the other sec schools looking for new coaches. A potential coach would assess this roster and go WOW! I can win 10 games easily the next year and maybe the next 2 years depending on if stidham comes back for his RS senior season.

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Id rather watch Reggie Ball and Matt Jones beat us 100 times than watch Etling best us once

Matt Jones is my favorite non Auburn sec player besides Percy Harvin. That dude would of been fire in a 2013 Auburn offense. ughhhh reggie ball. he owned us.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Matt Jones is my favorite non Auburn sec player besides Percy Harvin. That dude would of been fire in a 2013 Auburn offense. ughhhh reggie ball. he owned us.

Ball and jones are the only QB’s to still give me nightmares 

Archived