next Head Coach

Eagle-1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

and honestly NONE would scare me if ours were to come open on competing with someone to get a coach besides TAMU because of the whole money thing. As far as short term who looks the most attractive? It would be us without a doubt. We easily are set up for a new coach to have initial success a lot quicker than all the other sec schools looking for new coaches. A potential coach would assess this roster and go WOW! I can win 10 games easily the next year and maybe the next 2 years depending on if stidham comes back for his RS senior season.

We've proven a coach can have early success at Auburn. Having sustained success; that's a different story. And the challenge of playing the SEC West plus UGA will appeal to some candidates , and be a liability for other candidates. I hope we win out and it becomes a non issue. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

We've proven a coach can have early success at Auburn. Having sustained success; that's a different story. And the challenge of playing the SEC West plus UGA will appeal to some candidates , and be a liability for other candidates. I hope we win out and it becomes a non issue. 

I think with the way the roster is set up we are in a much better position to have sustained success. And this time the difference is we would expect the initial success instead of being shocked! haha. But yes it all depends on the coach for us to have sustained success. It would be great to win out but I am not going to lie that would infuriate me the most because then I and no doubt others would go WTF was that in the clemson and lsu games then gus?!?!??! 

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ball and jones are the only QB’s to still give me nightmares 

Aaron Murray is who first comes to mind in giving me nightmares! yah we went 2-2 vs him but got dang man!!!! He killed us every game against us even in those 2 losses.

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

and honestly NONE would scare me if ours were to come open on competing with someone to get a coach besides TAMU because of the whole money thing. As far as short term who looks the most attractive? It would be us without a doubt. We easily are set up for a new coach to have initial success a lot quicker than all the other sec schools looking for new coaches. A potential coach would assess this roster and go WOW! I can win 10 games easily the next year and maybe the next 2 years depending on if stidham comes back for his RS senior season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see TAMU try to get Kelly. But my "expectation" is Chad Morris. Got SMU bowl eligible.

Just now, AUwent said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see TAMU try to get Kelly. But my "expectation" is Chad Morris. Got SMU bowl eligible.

IDK about you but doesn't Chad Morris come across as the biggest Gus clone to you? He would terrify me. I can see him having a gus like 180 and go completely away with what made him successful once he becomes the head coach at a big time job.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Aaron Murray is who first comes to mind in giving me nightmares! yah we went 2-2 vs him but got dang man!!!! He killed us every game against us even in those 2 losses.

Still over all those. ball and Jones give me the most nightmares. Jones especially 

Aaaaaaand Tennessee just lost to Kentucky. Assuming LSU stays hot Vols are eliminated from bowl contention. Buh bye Butch.

You know, I want to give Georgia credit--they certainly proved their mettle against a terrific Notre Dame team. They have every right to be currently ranked number two.

BUT.

Dear lord the rest of the SEC east is awful.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Still over all those. ball and Jones give me the most nightmares. Jones especially 

touche !!!

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Aaaaaaand Tennessee just lost to Kentucky. Assuming LSU stays hot Vols are eliminated from bowl contention. Buh bye Butch.

You know, I want to give Georgia credit--they certainly proved their mettle against a terrific Notre Dame team. They have every right to be currently ranked number two.

BUT.

Dear lord the rest of the SEC east is awful.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND CAN ROCKY TOP PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE find a good coach?!?!?!?!?! ALL they are is a extra cupcake game on the schedule for bama every year!!!!!

^If it comes down to us vs. them for Frost or Campbell, I'll take us, thank you very much, especially when doth consider that Florida and A&M are also going to be shopping.

Let's make this a lot more convenient though and just BEAT A&M AND GEORGIA!

I WANT MY MANS TO BE IN AUBURN!!! I would be proud for you to be our Head Coach!!!!! lol. He is 7-1 now.

Just now, fredst said:

And, what about Matt F’ing Campbell and our ISU pipeline?! 

A5572025-9DD6-43C5-A995-FF625CDA2159.gif

Sad thing is he has more coaching experience than Gustavo :laugh:

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I WANT MY MANS TO BE IN AUBURN!!! I would be proud for you to be our Head Coach!!!!! lol. He is 7-1 now.

Him and Venables are my 1-2 punch of candidates should Gus pull a... Gus. 

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And you really need to stop attributing words to people that they never said. Your hyperbole has been off the charts lately. It's really a shame. 

Direct quote from you, above: " And he lost in spectacular and humiliating fashion to an ACC team the last two seasons..." I didn't put that silly hyperbole in your mouth, you did that to yourself.

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think with the way the roster is set up we are in a much better position to have sustained success. And this time the difference is we would expect the initial success instead of being shocked! haha. But yes it all depends on the coach for us to have sustained success. It would be great to win out but I am not going to lie that would infuriate me the most because then I and no doubt others would go WTF was that in the clemson and lsu games then gus?!?!??! 

My perspective is that it is not our roster that has prevented sustained success at Auburn. We've had great rosters for a while now. We have lacked strong, charismatic, and dynamic leadership from our AD: and at times our recent head football coaches.  It doesn't help our cause that our in state rival is on a record dynasty run, and now our next door neighbor rival UGA may be starting their own long run. If we do change coaches, we can't afford to go with a bland steady eddy. They are going to need serious swag and moxie. And I share your WTF on the Clemson and LSU games. 

13 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Mikey, at what freaking point is LOSING close games to defending champs not good enough? Thats a losers argument. How many moral victories can you possibly count just to defend this guy? You should be a UT fan, they are the Champions of Life you know. 

Reading comprehension check for you: I didn't say losing was ok. I said it was dead, solid wrong to claim we lost the two Clemson games in "spectacular and humiliating fashion", as was claimed. Losing to a powerful team by a single-digit score may be disappointing but it's not spectacular and humiliating.

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

FOR THE LOVE OF THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND CAN ROCKY TOP PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE find a good coach?!?!?!?!?! ALL they are is a extra cupcake game on the schedule for bama every year!!!!!

There could be as many as 7 SEC jobs open soon. Imagine Bama feasting on that many programs in rebuilding mode. All the more reason I'm (partially) hoping Gus wins 9 or 10 and stays.  With the instability this conference may go through the next 2-3 years, we could be a beacon of stability by comparison. 

Just now, Mikey said:

Reading comprehension check for you: I didn't say losing was ok. I said it was dead, solid wrong to claim we lost the two Clemson games in "spectacular and humiliating fashion", as was claimed. Losing to a powerful team by a single-digit score may be disappointing but it's not spectacular and humiliating.

Whatever Mikey. The spectacular and humiliating part is we could’ve played 14 quarters and never scored another point against Clemson with our offensive genius coach. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Oh and that “powerful team” lost to Syracuse.

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

There could be as many as 7 SEC jobs open soon. Imagine Bama feasting on that many programs in rebuilding mode. All the more reason I'm (partially) hoping Gus wins 9 or 10 and stays.  With the instability this conference may go through the next 2-3 years, we could be a beacon of stability by comparison. 

Yep, good ol average 8 win stability

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm with you Miley. I'm as frustrated as the next guy, but we're 6-2 and 4-1, not 2-6 and 1-4. A one score loss to Clemson and LSU aren't exactly humiliations. 

Archived