next Head Coach

Eagle-1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

117 yards of total offense. If you're not humiliated by that then I'm not sure why you would have ever bothered criticizing anything. Jake Holland certainly never put on that pathetic a performance.

And at the time, they were thought to have the number one defense. It was a close game no matter how humiliating you thought it was. Ironic that you’re talking about hyperbole.. 

If anything, the LSU collapse and the Oklahoma game were more humiliating than them all. Did y’all see how Mayfield taunted our big and bad DL the whole game and we still couldn’t put our hands on him once? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

117 yards of total offense. If you're not humiliated by that then I'm not sure why you would have ever bothered criticizing anything. Jake Holland certainly never put on that pathetic a performance.

That's a reasonable point perhaps....but I sure didn't feel any better about an AU loss a few years ago when we had about 600 yards either. ...both games being close final scores.   

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Jimbos' 39 million buyout aside, why hire a coach whose team is 2-4? Does that look like a good swap for a guy whose team is 6-2?

What would our record be right now had Stidham been lost for the year in game one?  We might be winless with a true freshman or a walk-on at the helm.

WDE!

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Again I ask when did the standard at Auburn become not getting humiliated by good teams?

Not getting humiliated isn’t the standard at Auburn. I think you’re getting my argument confused for something I’m not say. I’m just pointing out in the grand scheme of things, if Clemson was our only loss, the CFP would see that loss as a “quality loss.” It’s not like our defense laid down for Clemson. That’s when it would’ve been humiliating. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Not getting humiliated isn’t the standard at Auburn. I think you’re getting my argument confused for something I’m not say. I’m just pointing out in the grand scheme of things, if Clemson was our only loss, the CFP would see that loss as a “quality loss.” It’s not like our defense laid down for Clemson. That’s when it would’ve been humiliating. 

I would agree with that. If only Clemson was our only loss. SMH.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's a reasonable point perhaps....but I sure didn't feel any better about an AU loss a few years ago when we had about 600 yards either. ...both games being close final scores.   

At least our head coach had some balls that day. And the guy leading the defense in that one was fired.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just an observation, not an assertion, but Campbell at ISU has his team playing well in big games.

I am pleasantly suprised. I thought they were a 1 game wonder and would fall off after beating oklahoma. Boy I was wrong.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I am pleasantly suprised. I thought they were a 1 game wonder and would fall off after beating oklahoma. Boy I was wrong.

Me too bae. I was wrong too. :cringe:

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thought the same as well, but he evidently has been able to turn that OU win into major momentum for his team

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

At least our head coach had some balls that day. And the guy leading the defense in that one was fired.

A wee bit easier to have big balls when your offense is clicking.  Not when your offense cannot put points on the board. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

A wee bit easier to have big balls when your offense is clicking.  Not when your offense cannot put points on the board. 

Yet didn’t we settle for 2-3 FG’s inside the 5 yd line? Lol (the bama game). I just don’t call it “ballsy” when you move the ball between the 20’s and settle for FG’s inside the 5 repeatedly. There’s a reason he was booed in the miss st game when he put the FG team on the field.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yet didn’t we settle for 2-3 FG’s inside the 5 yd line? Lol (the bama game)

Yep. Think the clock ran out to end the first half on one of the FG’s. I knew it would and was praying Sammie would score when he caught that bomb. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. Think the clock ran out to end the first half on one of the FG’s. I knew it would and was praying Sammie would score when he caught that bomb. 

The Sammie bomb we wasted so much time getting to the line. We had time for 2 plays for the end zone had it played out like it should have 

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The Sammie bomb we wasted so much time getting to the line. We had time for 2 plays for the end zone had it played out like it should have 

Yep. You’d think a HUNH offense would have no problem getting ready for the next step. Gus has never been that great of a game manager though.

I saw a game where Tom Brady led his team to redzone with 16 seconds left and no timeouts and the whole offense went off and the whole FG unit came in flawlessly for a FG. Footage like that you can really tell who prepares for those special situations and who doesn’t. 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. You’d think a HUNH offense would have no problem getting ready for the next step. Gus has never been that great of a game manager though.

I saw a game where Tom Brady led his team to redzone with 16 seconds left and no timeouts and the whole offense went off and the whole FG unit came in flawlessly for a FG. Footage like that you can really tell who prepares for those special situations and who doesn’t. 

Here it is @Maverick.AU , you cannot see the discipline that I saw in this gif, but it’s still impressive. The play actually ended at 15 seconds not 16.

Our next HC needs to be an alpha HC like our two biggest rivals.  Sadly, we passed on the alpha currently coaching UGA in favor of a HS coach who could have possibly asperger's or autism.  We need a competent AD.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Our next HC needs to be an alpha HC like our two biggest rivals.  Sadly, we passed on the alpha currently coaching UGA in favor of a HS coach who could have possibly asperger's or autism.  We need a competent AD.

wde

Now you’re talking my language.

The bye week and seeing teams ahead of us lose, that would’ve made us top 5. Just gets me even more aggravated than the in game aggravation. Geez

Forget this talk about Matt Campbell.  His buyout is $9.6 mil.  Way too much for an unproven coach. 

Quite frankly, the salaries and buyouts of college head coaches has skyrocketed and even the lower tier schools are paying big bucks for their head coach.  I suspect the potential financial burden of hiring an existing HC means that AU will likely hire an up and coming coordinator. 

9 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Forget this talk about Matt Campbell.  His buyout is $9.6 mil.  Way too much for an unproven coach. 

Quite frankly, the salaries and buyouts of college head coaches has skyrocketed and even the lower tier schools are paying big bucks for their head coach.  I suspect the potential financial burden of hiring an existing HC means that AU will likely hire an up and coming coordinator. 

Ah, I didn't realize that. Next. 

Archived