next Head Coach

Eagle-1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I'm with you Miley. I'm as frustrated as the next guy, but we're 6-2 and 4-1, not 2-6 and 1-4. A one score loss to Clemson and LSU aren't exactly humiliations. 

DUDE. LSU Lost to Troy! We blew a 20 point lead in spectacular fashion! It was a complete coaching meltdown! Does Gus have pics of you guys in compromising positions? Are you really Kristi Malzahn? Or Gus himself? I literally cannot fathom why yall think our six wins mean a damn thing. Coming into this season everyone said this was the year Gus had to prove himself and now yall are making excuses! ANY DECENT OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCE IN THE CLEMSON GAME AND THE SECOND HALF OF THE LSU GAME AND WE WOULD BE A TOP 3 TEAM RIGHT NOW! Good grief. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Direct quote from you, above: " And he lost in spectacular and humiliating fashion to an ACC team the last two seasons..." I didn't put that silly hyperbole in your mouth, you did that to yourself.

You said a lot of dumb crap about TAMU being meaningless that neither I nor anyone else said. 

And my comments about the Clemson losses were not hyperbole. Opinion, sure, but not hyperbole. Those losses were pathetic and you really don't sound well informed or observant when you keep saying that  Clemson's accomplishments from the previous year make it okay that your buddy Gus dialed up a whopping 117 yards against them.

9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Whatever Mikey. The spectacular and humiliating part is we could’ve played 14 quarters and never scored another point against Clemson with our offensive genius coach. 

Then be humiliated if that's what floats your boat. I'm enjoying a good season of Auburn football with many of our goals still possible. If you are hating the football season, bow hunting just started in Alabama. Maybe try that?

Our six “big” wins...

Ga. Southern zero wins

Mercer nuff said

Mizzou horrible

MSU Maybe our best win but still MSU

Ole Miss. train wreck

Arky dumpster fire

yeah, impressive. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hmmm, so much crap out of Twitter. Wonder if this actually has some basis.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Our six “big” wins...

Ga. Southern zero wins

Mercer nuff said

Mizzou horrible

MSU Maybe our best win but still MSU

Ole Miss. train wreck

Arky dumpster fire

yeah, impressive. 

I finally found someone who I can relate to on here!!! 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

May sound terrible to you, but in the SEC we are tied with LSU for most wins behind Bama and UGA in wins the past 5 years.  And we're the only school not named Bama to play for Natty in that timeframe. I want 14-0 every year too,  but that's not realistic. 

I have not once ever ever ever said a damn thing about being 14-0 every year. I simply would like to win a meaningful friggin game more than once every 4 years. I have repeatedly said just go .500 against our rivals and quit having brain fart games offensively against big opponents. Thats too much to ask?

I challenge someone to tell me the last “big” win Gus had.  Name one. Name a win that truly ended up meaning something when it was all said and done. I would tell you it was the SEC TITLE GAME AGAINST Mizzou... 4 years ago.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I challenge someone to tell me the last “big” win Gus had.  Name one. Name a win that truly ended up meaning something when it was all said and done. I would tell you it was the SEC TITLE GAME AGAINST Mizzou... 4 years ago.

2014 at ole miss was truly the last big win he had in my estimation. DO not remember how they finished the year. It may of been the season they got boat raced by tcu in the peach bowl.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then be humiliated if that's what floats your boat. I'm enjoying a good season of Auburn football with many of our goals still possible. If you are hating the football season, bow hunting just started in Alabama. Maybe try that?

I’m loving football season..especially laughing my ass off at your pitiful posts. Take Gus bow hunting. But be warned, he will only hit something early in the hunt and will completely disappear later on. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

2014 at ole miss was truly the last big win he had in my estimation. DO not remember how they finished the year. It may of been the season they got boat raced by tcu in the peach bowl.

Yeah, they got raped against TCU. Had no business being in the top 4 that early anyhow IMO. Made for great chatter on the ESPN forums with 3 SEC teams in the top 4 though.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Yeah that was a big game at the time but OM ended up with 4 losses and lost 4 of their last 5 against SEC teams. Plus, remember what happened to us the next week...

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

It's coming up when we beat that big time TAMU team next week. They only lost to MSU at home by three touchdowns. If we manage to pull that one out, boy howdy, we'll need to commission a sculptor who is good at carving glasses and fingers up nostrils.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It's coming up when we beat that big time TAMU team next week. They only lost to MSU at home by three touchdowns. If we manage to pull that one out, boy howdy, we'll need to commission a sculptor who is good at carving glasses and fingers up nostrils.

I can’t fathom anyone continuing to support Gus after the LSU debacle and make no mistake it was a debacle.  But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if being average makes some folks happy then more power to them. Heck, MSU and Ole Miss have made a whole tradition around being mediocre and acting like 8win seasons are awesome. Guess we could join them. 

16 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yep, good ol average 8 win stability

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

DUDE. LSU Lost to Troy! We blew a 20 point lead in spectacular fashion! It was a complete coaching meltdown! Does Gus have pics of you guys in compromising positions? Are you really Kristi Malzahn? Or Gus himself? I literally cannot fathom why yall think our six wins mean a damn thing. Coming into this season everyone said this was the year Gus had to prove himself and now yall are making excuses! ANY DECENT OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCE IN THE CLEMSON GAME AND THE SECOND HALF OF THE LSU GAME AND WE WOULD BE A TOP 3 TEAM RIGHT NOW! Good grief. 

I used to be like you. I would be sick for weeks after a loss. I would yell and scream and curse at the tv over blown leads and inexplicable losses. I choose not to anymore. College football is an entertainment medium for me, no different than Netflix or podcasts. As an AU fan, I've experienced unbeaten seasons, SEC championships, Heismans, and great Iron Bowl wins. I've also experienced Iron Bowl losing streaks, losing seasons, and blowout losses. Neither extreme changes my life or causes me to be filled with anger, or vitriol, or shame. Life is too short for me to explode over something I can't control. Peace and War Eagle to you. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I used to be like you. I would be sick for weeks after a loss. I would yell and scream and curse at the tv over blown leads and inexplicable losses. I choose not to anymore. College football is an entertainment medium for me, no different than Netflix or podcasts. As an AU fan, I've experienced unbeaten seasons, SEC championships, Heismans, and great Iron Bowl wins. I've also experienced Iron Bowl losing streaks, losing seasons, and blowout losses. Neither extreme changes my life or causes me to be filled with anger, or vitriol, or shame. Life is too short for me to explode over something I can't control. Peace and War Eagle to you. 

Im laughing at your psychic ability.  I’m not sick over anything. I’ve experienced all those things too. I enjoy my Saturday whether AU wins or loses but like most I obviously prefer our team win. Since you are soooooo enlightened and above all that maybe you should stay off message boards. I mean, since it doesn’t matter to you oh swami one then why come on here and talk about it?  Please, drop some more wisdom on us before you retire to the monastery. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The way it's looking, beating MSU was a big win.

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I finally found someone who I can relate to on here!!! 

Why yes, I do believe you have!

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

You say this, but then you pull the strawman argument a second ago claiming someone was implying something that was completely untrue. I like our conversations and generally like your content, but don't be like these other guys who when they have no appropriate retort, they pull the "it is not a big deal to me" card. I don't think anyone is exploding over anything because there is a general disagreement. Truly, if you didn't care like you say you do, you wouldn't be on an online football forum at this time of night. Yet, here we all are.

Archived