***Auburn 52 Arkansas 20 -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

28 minutes ago, corchjay said:

UGA is in for a rough day in Auburn.  They have played absolutely no one with a pulse with the exception of an over ranked ND.  The east is beyond horrible.  They are much like us.  The teams they can run on they destroy the teams they can’t they will struggle.  

Stidham is better then Fromm and if our defense can get healthy I think they are better at pass defense.

Our special teams are horrible right now and hope to see a few starters make their way into more prominent roles. 

I thought you said you were off the bus........ Seems like you cannot help yourself.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

UGA is in for a rough day in Auburn.  They have played absolutely no one with a pulse with the exception of an over ranked ND.  The east is beyond horrible.  They are much like us.  The teams they can run on they destroy the teams they can’t they will struggle.  

Stidham is better then Fromm and if our defense can get healthy I think they are better at pass defense.

Our special teams are horrible right now and hope to see a few starters make their way into more prominent roles. 

I agree, or someone else coaching special teams. A kick returned for a TD in 2 straight weeks is unacceptable. 

31 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I wish I shared your confidence.

You should. Everything he said was right

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought you said you were off the bus........ Seems like you cannot help yourself.

Not so fast my friend! Just because you can see Georgia for what they are doesn't mean you are "on the bus." It means you can look at football objectively and not just through the eyes of a fan. 

He didn't say Georgia would lose now did he? He simply stated they have played NO ONE and haven't been tested. Which is 100% true. The one decent team they played, they barely squeaked by, and have beat up inferior competition.  So yeah, UGA IS going to have a rough night at Auburn. Doesn't mean they will win, nor does it mean one believes in/is a fan of Gus... not one bit.

22 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

He didn't say Georgia would lose now did he? He simply stated they have played NO ONE and haven't been tested. Which is 100% true. The one decent team they played, they barely squeaked by, and have beat up inferior competition.  So yeah, UGA IS going to have a rough night at Auburn. Doesn't mean they will win, nor does it mean one believes in/is a fan of Gus... not one bit.

you can tell he wants to get back on the bus so bad. Better?

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I agree, or someone else coaching special teams. A kick returned for a TD in 2 straight weeks is unacceptable. 

Not so fast my friend! Just because you can see Georgia for what they are doesn't mean you are "on the bus." It means you can look at football objectively and not just through the eyes of a fan. 

How about we handle our crap before we worry about what playoff contenders are doing. Same people were saying this stuff before the Clemson game and we got handled. Simple enough. UGA is doing what a talented team is supposed to do. Win the games they are FAVORED to win. Then to say ND is overrated. ND has beaten two ranked teams handily. How many ranked teams have we beaten?  Don't understand our fans sometimes.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Except that ND just pummeled USC. I don't think UGA is overrated in the least. They beat their competition exactly as they should, which is more than we can say sometimes.

Not gonna lie I fell asleep at 1/2 time and woke up to James being carted off the field. ( been sick past several days) That being said from what I've read it's nice to have actual made adjustments at the 1/2. Also and info on James? The bye couldn't have came at a better time.

5 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Not gonna lie I fell asleep at 1/2 time and woke up to James being carted off the field. ( been sick past several days) That being said from what I've read it's nice to have actual made adjustments at the 1/2. Also and info on James? The bye couldn't have came at a better time.

I think they said the scans looked good, but no idea what that means. 

Yes, a bye is ideal for everyone - Pettway and Matthews are a few that come to mind. 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

It might not. ND , Penn State, Clemson and TCU. We will need help

I think we need a lot of help at this point. Playoff committee will push a one loss uat in over 2 loss conf champ AU. They proved it last year. The only way (imo) that doesn't happen is we run uat off the field in embarrassment. (Not going to happen).

This game played out about how I expected.  Glad to see Bubba back and that Ryan Davis pass was a thing of beauty.  Good time for an off week to heal up and hopefully thump Tamu next. 

I have said it elsewhere and I will say it here - we did what we should have to a horrible team. The game plan we took to arky last night would have beaten LSU and have us going into bye week around #7 in the nation. I simply do not trust Gus not to have another brain fart moment - forgetting what works - and lay eggs against aTm, uga, and bama......assuming we get a lead. He is going to need to have a great showing the rest of the season and through the bowl game for me to set foot near the bus again. 

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Why? Chip Lindsey offense does NOT run the ball 17 straight times on 1st down. That is not in his DNA. He throws on 1st down more than anything. This was a CCL offense tonight. The quick 1st down hitters.

one of the announcers for the game said he and chip were talking before the game and that chip told him he called ALL the plays running up the middles against lsu. take it for what it is worth but i doubt it is a lie. if he told the announcer gus made him call the runs would the announcer repeat it? it is pretty weird but i am not ready to call chip a liar. maybe he has a bit of a learning curve? and for the record this is not a love gus post because i think it is time for a change as well. i am tired of waiting year after year to right the ship. and gus did say this might be his best team ever along with dye and the rest. i hope we look at scott frost.

James injury looked bad, hope it's not what it looked like.

D. Brown is awesome.

The players and coaching was good last night, I thought. It was great to see Pettway smile.

Trying to not get sucked back in. Woke up in a good mood, but think I want to stay mad at Gus anyway. :wareagle:

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Notre dame is good. Uga May be better than alabama. We will have to play the best game we have played in years. 

Needless to say but I'll say it anyway: Our season and Gus' job falls on the outcome of the UGA & Bammer games. We already lost 2 VERY winnable games, that all but eliminated us from Playoff contention. God forbid we go down to TAMU and lay an egg. This win did absolutely nothing for my confidence in Gustav.....

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

one of the announcers for the game said he and chip were talking before the game and that chip told him he called ALL the plays running up the middles against lsu. take it for what it is worth but i doubt it is a lie. if he told the announcer gus made him call the runs would the announcer repeat it? it is pretty weird but i am not ready to call chip a liar. maybe he has a bit of a learning curve? and for the record this is not a love gus post because i think it is time for a change as well. i am tired of waiting year after year to right the ship. and gus did say this might be his best team ever along with dye and the rest. i hope we look at scott frost.

You believe what you want to believe but I DOUBT Chip Lindsey is in the business of throwing his boss under the bus. CGM got screwed under Houston Nutt, but did he ever throw him under the bus? Same thing with Gene Chizik. You have to live to fight another day in the professional world. What I do know is how to put two and two together and based on CCL track record, I have never seen him run the ball 17 straight times on 1st down. He passes just as much as he would run on 1st down. This is his MO and he has done it this way since Southern Mississippi. Why would he change that thinking now? 

Just now, DAG said:

You believe what you want to believe but I DOUBT Chip Lindsey is in the business of throwing his boss under the bus. CGM got screwed under Houston Nutt, but did he ever throw him under the bus? Same thing with Gene Chizik. You have to live to fight another day in the professional world. What I do know is how to put two and two together and based on CCL track record, I have never seen him run the ball 17 straight times on 1st down. He passes just as much as he would run on 1st down. This is his MO and he has done it this way since Southern Mississippi. Why would he change that thinking now? 

Even if Chip had called all of those plays in a row its on Gus somewhere along the 9th or 10th in a row to get on the headset and ask Chip what the heck are we doing?

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Wrong.  

RELIEVED!!!

Can we please stop talking about getting into the playoffs.  We don’t deserve it nor will it happen.  

Lets beat aTm and then see what happens.  Will be a huge game for both teams.

11 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Dude it’s freakin obvious when it’s Gus. Whether it’s him calling the play, or he is telling Chip what to call. Gus has been the king of sitting on leads. People in the know have said so, people that have clout in the media has said so. This Gus has no blame mentality is why we will never reach our full potential 

people in the know lol...he takes the  blame regardless....we can’t blame and not give credit. maybe he finally has learned to go ahead and beat the stuffing out of teams. We shall find out.

8 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I wish I shared your confidence.

for the most part he is right UGA has not faced anyone in the SEC. I would say the same for Bama. Auburn without a doubt will be the toughest opponent for both of them. The East is really bad.

I'm just in here reading along. Ark was a nice win, but it's just impossible for me to give a dang after the LSU game. I saw this as the "overcompensate" game, and I believe I was correct. Plus Arkansas is Gus's most important game, which just.........pisses me off. 

I watched Bammer and UT yesterday.  Part of it anyway.  What they do down on the goal line is put a defensive tackle as a lead blocker.  It works very well for them.  I'm wondering when we go to the wildcat and everyone in the place knows what's coming (Kerryon up the middle) why we don't put Marlon Davidson or one of our other big athletic guys in as a lead blocker.  I was concerned that Arky (with a weak defensive front) was able to stop the run down on the goal line.  A big athletic D lineman coming behind Braden Smith and Golson would create a push that I don't think anyone could stop.  

Archived