Favorite Play vs. Arkansas

RunInRed

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

A reasonable question I guess but I figure there is never a bad time to hit an opponent with something unexpected ....and I'm guessing there are other versions of that play available.

For me...it was great to see Chip call a play that did not look like a standard Auburn play.   That will give opponents something to think about next time they see the sweep with Davis....and perhaps keep the DB from closing on the corner to stop the sweep.   JMO.   

But it was a thing of beauty wasn't it. ?

Man, it really was. Davis played QB is HS, right? Because it showed on that throw 

32 minutes ago, creed said:

Not really. It was still the 3rd and we needed more points. So where are you coming from?..explain.

Up 31-6, needing more points...could we not have just passed or ran down the field like we had? Could we not have tried to score the way we had? If the play would've failed, I guarantee half the people applauding the call would be asking why the play was called in that situation. I'm not complaining about the call, it was executed perfectly, but I just thought we could've scored without having to draw that play up. Either way, it was beautiful & worked perfectly. 

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

My favorite was when We threw to NCM

That was a great catch, the ball was not thrown well and NCM still snatched it out of the air.  Did NCM kick Malzhan’s dog or something?

21 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Beautiful play but I don't see why we ran that up 31-6

Because with a 25 point cushion, it failing is not a big deal. But in a tight game, the little voice in Malzahn's head would be whispering 'What if it is intercepted?'

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That was a great catch, the ball was not thrown well and NCM still snatched it out of the air.  Did NCM kick Malzhan’s dog or something?

He needs those middle of field targets. Slayton had a good game but he drops easy ones at times and doesn't seem to fight for contested balls. 

My favorite play was the 4th and goal that we went for and failed. I didn't like the play they called but I loved that they went for it. That shows confidence in your O and your D. Now why we would try a dive over the middle that confounds me.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:42 PM, RunInRed said:

The timing of the call, the execution ... perfect!

Yep. I remember Terry Bowden once saying the best time to use a misdirection play was after a turnover. The opposing defense comes onto the field cold and is rarely ready.

Archived