End could be near for Jacobs

GwillMac6

2 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

........ I heard last week they were going to announce Jacobs dismissal. .......

I do believe that a number of people are mistaking wishful thinking for facts. He may be relieved of his duties soon, or maybe not. Just because some people want it to have already happened doesn't mean it's really happened.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I do believe that a number of people are mistaking wishful thinking for facts. He may be relieved of his duties soon, or maybe not. Just because some people want it to have already happened doesn't mean it's really happened.

We may be discussing this "news" a month from now...or more ... :dunno:

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Maybe no one anywhere for that matter.  Lots of opinions out there however......and I'm betting that a good many of them will be proven to be wrong further down the road.     As we've noted here and elsewhere it's mostly a crap shoot.     JMO

I guarantee some of them will definitely be proven wrong...

I think the president knows what he is doing. Hope I am right.

7 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Enough.  What is taking so long?  I heard last week they were going to announce Jacobs dismissal.  Then Yesterday.  Is he even getting fired?  What? Leath needs to do it right?  Spoiler alert for. no one is pulling for Jacobs!  When are they going to get on with it?

He is done . He is going to keep up the crap and force the President to get nasty and publicly fire him. He always claims to love AU but in truth you can see all that matters is his fat a$$. I hope when he gets canned he is prohibited from ever stepping on AU ground again.

49 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think the president knows what he is doing. Hope I am right.

We need a president that listens to us and tweets about it every night.  

Leath has already made his decision and notified Jacobs . Jacobs is trying to get the BOT and the PTB to force Leath to change his mind. If they make a mistake and back JJ they may find theirselves in serious trouble as they did several years ago with AUs accreditation in jeopardy. They were informed then that the BOT and the PTB could have no say in the hiring process it was strictly the Presidents call. JJ doesn’t care if he puts the whole university in jeopardy for his selfish, childish behavior.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

We may be discussing this "news" a month from now...or more ... :dunno:

Saw a piece from Phillip M a few minutes ago....indicated that AU needs to make a decision on JJ and go with it.   That seemed strange since I figured he was JJ's mouthpiece.....wonder who he was speaking on behalf of ? 

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Leath has already made his decision and notified Jacobs . Jacobs is trying to get the BOT and the PTB to force Leath to change his mind. If they make a mistake and back JJ they may find theirselves in serious trouble as they did several years ago with AUs accreditation in jeopardy. They were informed then that the BOT and the PTB could have no say in the hiring process it was strictly the Presidents call. JJ doesn’t care if he puts the whole university in jeopardy for his selfish, childish behavior.

This seems simple enough . Fire him and be freaking done with it . My goodness 

The genie is out of the bottle with JJ.   You cannot put it back in.  If he does not go they will pay a pretty heavy price from season ticket sales IMO.  I just cannot believe that all of the big money donors would be ok with it either.  

32 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Saw a piece from Phillip M a few minutes ago....indicated that AU needs to make a decision on JJ and go with it.   That seemed strange since I figured he was JJ's mouthpiece.....wonder who he was speaking on behalf of ? 

Got any guesses?

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Got any guesses?

Yep but not sure why....unless JJ is just tired of dangling in the breeze? 

14 hours ago, TigerOne said:

what exactly is the urgency? These things take time, nothing is going to happen before the end of the season.

But i want an oompa loompa now!

13 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Jay, Jay is  friend.

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

According to PM (a couple weeks ago) the decision was already made and it was just a matter of when. Now of course, PM is saying, just make a decision and go with it.

I’m not saying, it’s not going to happen but do you see why so many of us are basically saying, we will believe it, when we see it!?

Just now, AU-24 said:

According to PM (a couple weeks ago) the decision was already made and it was just a matter of when. Now of course, PM is saying, just make a decision and go with it.

I’m not saying, it’s not going to happen but do you see why so many of us are basically saying, we will believe it, when we see it!

I'm definitely in that camp.....but also in the camp that says "let's do it when it makes sense and we know where we are going for the future".     

There is no reason to fire him outright and then have the job open. BUT....JJ should step up and announce his retirement at the end of the year or whenever and then let the school get on with finding a replacement and do it out in the open and with time to do it correctly.  JMO   It's  gonna happen.....just a matter of when and how.  

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs is scheduled to seek final project approval from the school's board of trustees for a new videoboard in the North end zone of Jordan-Hare Stadium and a new equestrian barn, as well as approval of project architects for player development facilities for baseball and softball and renovated locker rooms for men's and women's basketball.

Auburn associate vice president for facilities Dan King and AD Jay Jacobs are scheduled to address the proposals before the board's property and facilities committee during the board of trustees meeting on Nov. 10

Anything that will happen will be at the end of the season

14 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Why in the world would Jay Jacobs want to fight for his job when 90% of the fan base and alumni despise him?

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Why is Phillip Marshall back stroking now?  A week ago he was emphatic that it was a done deal, JJ was gone and all that was left was the official announcement.

NOW he insinuates that AU just needs to make a decision on JJ and go with it?

One week it's a done deal and the next week decisions still need to be made?  What the hell Marshall?

4 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Why in the world would Jay Jacobs want to fight for his job when 90% of the fan base and alumni despise him?

first, you have no clue if its 90%, 80%, or even 50/50...it's just that a guess.

And to JJ, his inner circle of fans, alumni, peers, and PTB are the ones he is associating with, and they either support him because he has done things for them, or they see what he has done right, and to hell with the bad stuff surrounding him. That's normal for a high level position, who is shielded. JJ doesnt want to hear that much from those that want him gone.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Why is Phillip Marshall back stroking now?  A week ago he was emphatic that it was a done deal, JJ was gone and all that was left was the official announcement.

NOW he insinuates that AU just needs to make a decision on JJ and go with it?

One week it's a done deal and the next week decisions still need to be made?  What the hell Marshall?

I think that tells you that PAM is hearing from both sides. And in this case there definitely must be a split for/against JJ. 

In the end, there is no way JJ can hold on to his job with all the negatives that have come out under his admin.  I feel its just a matter of when to those who still support him. 

Archived