End could be near for Jacobs

GwillMac6

On 10/29/2017 at 9:41 AM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree you never know what you will get. Point is Gus has already provided you with a look at what you get with him. Someone mentioned th other day saying KS and NS’s records their first two years were comparable and they are but the truth is that Gus’s good year came the first year and has been downhill since. If I saw any improvement then I could have some hope. Problem is there has been none. With very little work by any coach AU can pull a top ten class because of who we are. TT didn’t because him and his gang refused to put any effort in it.i mean if your happy never competing for anything then Gus is your guy, but Gus is never going to win anything else because he is going backwards. 

Smart has it going so far but man he has had a cakewalk all his East rivals are terrible UT, UF, UK, Vandy...his only SEC competition will be Auburn until title game...Maybe USCe will give him a real game in the East. I would say Auburn will be both Alabama and Georgia’s toughest opponent in 2017 (at least in paper)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well... he made it to Monday. 

yeah...nobody here knows when it’s gonna happen...but if i had to guess it will be after the regular football season ends. 

Funny i remember someone a few years ago wanting Jurich from Louisville as AD...at that time it looked like a brilliant potential hire...all the major programs at Louisville were competing at a high level. Come to find out he was crooked as a roach leg....

Just now, alexava said:

Interesting. Just saw this on Facebook. 

for the record... I have no idea about the legitimacy of the article or the person writing it. Just read it and thought I would share. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

for the record... I have no idea about the legitimacy of the article or the person writing it. Just read it and thought I would share. 

Me either. I'm wondering if the fight was between two players or were they teamed up against other students. 

57 minutes ago, alexava said:

Me either. I'm wondering if the fight was between two players or were they teamed up against other students. 

The team's chemistry leads me to believe it was them against others but you never know. I doubt we'll ever find out.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I can't believe that JJ would be stupid enough to do that. Impermissible benefits or so it sounds. Really? Good grief Charlie Brown. 

Logic tells me that AU already has struck a deal for the new AD, but that person does not want it announced until after the regular season of football is over.  That is why JJ continues to hang on. 

2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Logic tells me that AU already has struck a deal for the new AD, but that person does not want it announced until after the regular season of football is over.  That is why JJ continues to hang on. 

God, I wish.

2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Man I hope you're right!

That would definitely be the way to do this thing the "right" way.  

On 10/28/2017 at 10:09 PM, GwillMac6 said:

except makes me and others I would guess more pissed off then if we lose out. Would be the most gus thing ever....... smh.

Am I interpreting this correctly, that you would actually be pissed off if we win out?

46 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Am I interpreting this correctly, that you would actually be pissed off if we win out?

Yes you did. Because we would be undefeated if it was not for gus ineptitude.  It would cost us a national title potentially because I see no way a 2 loss team makes it in to the playoffs. Like why was he so stubborn vs clemson and lsu but not now. 

Does anybody know how long JJ has before he can “retire” from state employment? I am assuming that he is technically a state employee. In conversation today, I was told that CPD made a comment that JJ would be the AD through December. The reasoning was that come December he could draw his retirement. It does kind of make sense, JJ has been around a long time, I suppose it would be a way to let him go with out actually firing him. Thoughts?

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

Sounds like a plan. Anything to keep Bama from their 30th National Championship. Or will it be 40 by then, I keep losing count. 

So do they.  IF they can count to begin with.  

:Sing::no::zapbama:

22 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Another "journalist" uses a flimsy excuse to once again list all of AU's problems. Surprise, surprise.  Note: this is not a complaint about the poster, it's a comment on the state of the scribblers that call themselves journalists these days.

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Another "journalist" uses a flimsy excuse to once again list all of AU's problems. Surprise, surprise.  Note: this is not a complaint about the poster, it's a comment on the state of the scribblers that call themselves journalists these days.

Not sure why you're complaining here when WDE has confirmed it's legitimacy.

19 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

ok thanks...personally i think a mid season firing would be useless and a distraction. But it is what it is. 

If Gus were fired mid-season I could see how it could be a distraction for the football team. I don't think firing JJ today, tomorrow or last month would be a distraction.

Actually firing JJ back in September or August would have been great.  Firing him sooner rather than later is what is best for AU. 

wde

Agree that firing JJ will have no effect one way or the other on the rest of our football season....but not sure what the rush is unless someone who is a prospective AD might get away. 

It's pretty possible to fire and hire an AD about anytime of the year if conditions are right....and by being right...I'm talking about having his replacement about 90% locked up.    Otherwise, having an opening at the top (without a solid interim) does nothing good for the school.....JMO   

Why would JJ firing have any affect on football?  JJ is over all sports.  You would never find a time of the year that the AD didn't have a sport going on.  I mean basketball starts in just a few days.  Fire him now.  Fire him in a month.  It is not going to affect the sports programs other than make some happy that have Title IX issues against him.

Archived