***AU vs UGA — Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Going to have to score a TD after half.  Biggest half of Malzahn’s career.  Kirby will make adjustments.  I hope Gus can too.  

Bingo.  Worried that they will adjust and shut us down.  They helped us out a couple of times that half too - can't count on that next half.  Defense is looking spectacular though, so we may still pull it out.

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

Good coaching, beating the #1 team at the half.  Need to keep it going in the 2nd half. 

I didn't say we had to take a shot or do stupid trick plays. But you don't just run the clock out there. You try to sustain a drive to give you a shot at a long FG to end it. We basically forced ourselves to flip field position and give them at least a shot at the FG with their kicker which  is also very good. Not to mention how bad our kick coverage has been. 

19 minutes ago, far_away_fan said:

Why does he remind me of the guy of the longest yard that said, "He brokeded my nose!"

20171111_171739.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this I almost spat my beverage out when I saw it

Just now, Barnacle said:

The words of a man who has seen a few Auburn games in his lifetime...

I am definitely not going to count this dawgy before it's birthed.

Or something like that.

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Best half all season.  Ok, Gus, we are not where we want to be right now.  We have to keep the foot on the gas.  Please pull out some intermediate pass routes.  Make adjustments.  UGA will be making some.

wde

Ditto AU...We will need 17 points in 2nd Half and without kick coverage we desperately need to be getting rest of our kickoffs beyond endzone for no returns!! Hope I am back here celebrating at end of Game guys. Gus has to do all the above to pile on the pressure! Come on Tigers let's do this...I may get a lot of flack but living in Atlanta as I do, I want to win against Georgia today way more than Alabama in 2 weeks. I know...but I cannot help myself! wde

Played 2 very good quarters. Will we play 4? Gus please be aggressive in the 2nd half. Let's bring this W home!!

KJ hasn't quite had that flash since he took that late hit out of bounds. The way he went down it looked like he could have been seeing stars when the back of his head hit the ground.

2 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Or something like that.

I do agree that is why we have to keep playing with intensity and under control. Cannot afford to give Georgia anything else.

5 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus wasn't interviewed. They spoke to Smart.

That's fine! Let him get to planning adjustments. :Sing:

2 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Or something like that.

Or neutered :)

OK

Once again we have proven we are still the reigning champs of first half football.

Let's see if Gus has learned anything.

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

KJ hasn't quite had that flash since he took that late hit out of bounds. The way he went down it looked like he could have been seeing stars when the back of his head hit the ground.

i hope it's lack of hunh. he gets his yards when their heads are spinning

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

That's fine! Let him get to planning adjustments. :Sing:

Or stay away from inane comments like LSU half.

Archived