DKW 86

Moore or Jones?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And I'll keep laughing about you thinking you deal in facts.

Fact: You are clueless.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Fact: You are clueless.

So true. How can anyone who doesn't watch FOX News be smarter when the others don't even report so many things. But if being clueless cranks their tractor so be it.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

So true. How can anyone who doesn't watch FOX News be smarter when the others don't even report so many things. But if being clueless cranks their tractor so be it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The author is a finance guy. He is hardly qualified to judge people who watch Fox NEWS. Maybe he just watches Fox Business channel. Heck I watch a lot of Fox News and I'm smarter than you:jossun:

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

The author is a finance guy. He is hardly qualified to judge people who watch Fox NEWS. Maybe he just watches Fox Business channel. Heck I watch a lot of Fox News and I'm smarter than you:jossun:

Doesn't matter whether he's a finance guy, a doctor or an appliance repairman.  This is hard to refute.  It's simply about being able to give factually accurate answers to news questions:

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University’s newest PublicMind survey...

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly...

In terms of international news, people correctly answered an average of 1.8 of 4 questions.

With all else being equal, people who watched no news were expected to answer 1.28 correctly; those watching only Sunday morning shows figured at 1.52; those watching only "The Daily Show" figured at 1.60; and those just listening to NPR were expected to correctly answer 1.97 international questions.

Those watching only MSNBC were expected to correctly answer only 1.23 out of 4, while viewers of only Fox News figured at 1.08. The study noted that the effects of Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio depended on the ideology of the consumer...

It is a follow-up to a 2011 survey of 612 New Jerseyans that found, among other things, that those who watched Fox News were 18 points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all. 

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not to mention, he didn't conduct the study himself.  He's just reporting on it.

41 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

But not smart enough to understand what you read or that the rest of the free world sees a different reality than what you're fed. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

But not smart enough to understand what you read or that the rest of the free world sees a different reality than what you're fed. 

"Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own."........Mark Twain

52 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

"Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own."........Mark Twain

Copying and pasting is a separate skill from reading comprehension.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Copying and pasting is a separate skill from reading comprehension.

The problem is yours not mine. But nice try at a dodge.

20 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't watch Fox News, hence Tex is clueless. 

8 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Irony  ;D

On 11/27/2017 at 10:45 AM, homersapien said:

I'm curious.  Have you been following the proposed tax reform bill?  What do you think is the critical need in tax reform?

Yes, and I know it may not even be worth responding.

The most critical need is the corporate rate reduction. Most people on think of the large companies and forget about smaller companies. My company has about 26MM in revenue with a 10% margin. We have about 105 employees. We all will benefit as a result given our structure. I know many others will as well. I have seen the claims of companies paying 15-18% and it isn't us.

The increased standard deduction alone is a huge windfall for the lower and middle class, but I do not know if I would call it reform - just needed.

The "pass through" is another win for small non-incorporated businesses. It seems there could be room for people to take advantage, but considering this will most likely affect only mom&pop businesses I do not think you will have major issues.

It appears this will get through without either of these guys so I suppose my only concern now is having a "yes" vote for court appointments as opposed to a "no".

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Sad truth

I can't necessarily argue with that.  Pro-life concerns matter greatly to me and it's the reason I can't support many if not most Democrats.  But I will no longer allow that to be an automatic vote for a Republican when there are other major moral and character concerns with them.  If I can't support the Democrat in a race over abortion views, and the Republican is one like Roy Moore or Donald Trump, I will simply find another candidate to write in or vote third party in protest.  I'm finished eating whatever s*** sandwich the GOP and the idiots who blindly vote for them serve up.  I'll vote my conscience and let the chips fall.

My thing is, how do voters justify Moore on an abortion stance but not be equally dismayed on sexual harassment allegations* ... as if it's some how morally OK for a man to abuse women, as long as she's not a fetus?  Not a straight line but the logic still makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Full Disclosure:  I'm not an Alabama voter.  However, would never have voted for Moore, even before all of this came to light, because of separation of church and state concerns.

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

My thing is, how do voters justify Moore on an abortion stance but not be equally dismayed on sexual harassment allegations* ... as if it's some how morally OK for a man to abuse women, as long as she's not a fetus?  Not a straight line but the logic still makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Have you seen the latest poll?  CBS News:  Basically it was that 71% of Alabama Republicans don't believe the accusations are true.  I would assume that the 17% in the survey who say they are "probably" or "definitely" true are choosing not to vote for him which is what's making the race so tight.

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Full Disclosure:  I'm not an Alabama voter.  However, would never have voted for Moore, even before all of this came to light, because of separation of church and state concerns.

Why you no vote in bammy?

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Sad truth

I will add however, this is a problem with both parties.  And we know this because of how Democrat women's groups and leading feminists threw their unqualified support behind Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996, and during the Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Brodderick sexual assault allegations.  He was pro-choice, so he was supported and the accusers were denigrated, disbelieved and trashed.  The end.

I rail on conservatives and Republicans more about it because 1) it's happening right now rather than 20 years ago and 2) they are the ones who insisted that "character counts."  But I guess it only counts until it doesn't, meaning - it counts until they are threatened with losing an election.  Then it no longer matters and all that matters is the right political commitments.

32 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Because pedophiles and rapists aren't as bad as liberals. @Proud Tiger said so almost verbatim earlier in the thread. 

The complete abandonment of sanity and decency was announced last November. There is no reasoning with them. 

Archived