DKW 86

Moore or Jones?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

My thing is, how do voters justify Moore on an abortion stance but not be equally dismayed on sexual harassment allegations* ... as if it's some how morally OK for a man to abuse women, as long as she's not a fetus?  Not a straight line but the logic still makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Full Disclosure:  I'm not an Alabama voter.  However, would never have voted for Moore, even before all of this came to light, because of separation of church and state concerns.

Neither am I an Alabama voter, but I would say that perhaps one's stance on abortion is something that's absolute - while sexual allegations are allegations, i.e., not necessarily absolute in the same vein as the condoning of or disdain for abortion. For many, I suppose, it would take more than allegations for them to not vote for Moore. Just a wild guess. 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Neither am I an Alabama voter, but I would say that perhaps one's stance on abortion is something that's absolute - while sexual allegations are allegations, i.e., not necessarily absolute in the same vein as the condoning of or disdain for abortion. For many, I suppose, it would take more than allegations for them to not vote for Moore. Just a wild guess. 

So you're saying that if he were convicted, you'd find somewhere else to cast your vote? Good. Others have expressed a different opinion in this thread.

Just now, McLoofus said:

So you're saying that if he were convicted, you'd find somewhere else to cast your vote? Good. Others have expressed a different opinion in this thread.

Did you read my entire post? I literally said I am not an Alabama voter. I also qualified my statement as a GUESS. Never purported that my reasoning was the "why." How you made such an inference, I have no clue. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Did you read my entire post? I literally said I am not an Alabama voter. I also qualified my statement as a GUESS. Never purported that my reasoning was the "why." How you made such an inference, I have no clue. 

And do you recognize that an apostrophe followed by the letter D often stands in for the word "would"? I'm quite certain that you do, and I'm quite certain that you are avoiding a straight answer to my question.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The things Moore is accused of happened a long time ago. He professes to be Christian so I assume he has aked and been forgiven of those things......although he deies them and none have been proven. For me abortion is a whole different and ONGOING issue.bortion was the leading cause of death in 2016.....an astounding 501,325. That far exceeds heart disease (282,058) or cancer (217, 640).

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

The things Moore is accused of happened a long time ago.

Irrelevant.

He professes to be Christian so I assume he has aked and been forgiven of those things......although he deies them and none have been proven.

If he did them, then part of true repentance is not denying them but admitting what you did.  So the first part of this doesn't work given what he's said.

For me abortion is a whole different and ONGOING issue.bortion was the leading cause of death in 2016.....an astounding 501,325. That far exceeds heart disease (282,058) or cancer (217, 640).

It is a different matter.  It is important.  But some seem to act as if opposition to abortion taketh away the sins of the world.  You can be whatever level of creep you want so long as you proclaim to be pro-life. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And do you recognize that an apostrophe followed by the letter D often stands in for the word "would"? I'm quite certain that you do, and I'm quite certain that you are avoiding a straight answer to my question.

Even so, what does it matter? I personally have never been a huge fan of Moore. However, I do not think it improper for one to not retract from voting for the man based purely on the fact that these are mere allegations in the light of law. 

Again, all I provided was a potential reason for why some may still choose to support Moore.

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The things Moore is accused of happened a long time ago. He professes to be Christian so I assume he has aked and been forgiven of those things......although he deies them and none have been proven. For me abortion is a whole different and ONGOING issue.bortion was the leading cause of death in 2016.....an astounding 501,325. That far exceeds heart disease (282,058) or cancer (217, 640).

So if a person says they're Christian, then you assume it's true and that their sins are forgiven? 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Even so, what does it matter? I personally have never been a huge fan of Moore. However, I do not think it improper for one to not retract from voting for the man based purely on the fact that these are mere allegations in the light of law. 

Again, all I provided was a potential reason for why some may still choose to support Moore.

You still didn't answer the question. Why am I not surprised.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

You can be whatever level of creep you want so long as you proclaim to be pro-life. 

Your opinion. But creeps like me get forgiven by God for dumb things I did along the way. Nothing more serious than killing a baby. But I will let God judge me, Moore, etc. As the Bible says, do not judge lest you so be judged by our Heavenly Father.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Your opinion.

An opinion that is getting validated by reality more and more each election cycle.

But creeps like me get forgiven by God for dumb things I did along the way. 

Thus far, asking forgiveness doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for full-throated devotion and support.  Trump himself said he's never asked God for forgiveness.  

Nothing more serious than killing a baby. But I will let God judge me, Moore, etc. As the Bible says, do not judge lest you so be judged by our Heavenly Father.

The most misused verse in all of Scripture.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Your opinion. But creeps like me get forgiven by God for dumb things I did along the way. Nothing more serious than killing a baby. But I will let God judge me, Moore, etc. As the Bible says, do not judge lest you so be judged by our Heavenly Father.

Good thing you're letting God judge Hillary Clinton and women who have abortions, too. Thumbs up.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So if a person says they're Christian, then you assume it's true and that their sins are forgiven? 

If a person claims to be a Christian practices it yes I believe his sins are forgiven. It is not for me to judge, nor you. It is up to God. Now if I was aware of Moore doing things more recently  that would be different for me.

If a person claims to be a Christian practices it yes I believe his sins are forgiven. It is not for me to judge, nor you. It is up to God. Now if I was aware of Moore doing things more recently  that would be different for me.

What exactly is your statute of limitations on rape? 

Just now, McLoofus said:

What exactly is your statute of limitations on rape? 

None that I know of but I did hear someone on TV say that the statute had passed on some things he is accused of.

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Again your opinion. But I'm sure you an expert theologian and know which verses we can ignore.

That lesson doesn't end after "judge not lest ye be judged." By your logic, pointing out any immoral behavior would be off limits.

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

None that I know of but I did hear someone on TV say that the statute had passed on some things he is accused of.

Christ Almighty.

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Did I miss something? Has Moore been convicted or has other evidence come to surface? 

Being serious. 

None that I know of but ask all the Moore haters here.

“Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable.” ― G.K. Chesterton

What Titan, Myself and a slew of others cant understand is: how can you claim to be supporting a Christian Candidate and then close your eyes to what is really going on.

Just 2 examples:

1) Moore went on Hannity and admitted to dating underaged girls and knowing 2 of them.

He now wanders aimlessly into several Houses of God and full-throated denies he ever knew of ANY of his accusers and never dated anyone underage. Moore is lying in the House of God.

2) Moore is such a ***** he cant even stand on the same stage and debate Jones. 

THAT, is your guy. NOT MINE.

Karma, is my friend right now. I have no other recourse. The sheeple in Alabama are about to elect a sorry hunk of human debris and we will all BE worse off for it. But I know God, and I know that if Moore is guilty of any or all of this, I bet it comes out before long. Maybe there is a once teenage Mom out there with Moore's DNA in a baby, but WHATEVER, IT WILL COME OUT.

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

What Titan, Myself and a slew of others cant understand is: how can you claim to be supporting a Christian Candidate and then close your eyes to what is really going on.

Just 2 examples:

1) Moore went on Hannity and admitted to dating underaged girls and knowing 2 of them.

He now wanders aimlessly into several Houses of God and full-throated denies he ever knew of ANY of his accusers and never dated anyone underage. Moore is lying in the House of God.

2) Moore is such a ***** he cant even stand on the same stage and debate Jones. 

THAT, is your guy. NOT MINE.

Karma, is my friend right now. I have no other recourse. The sheeple in Alabama are about to elect a sorry hunk of human debris and we will all BE worse off for it. But I know God, and I know that if Moore is guilty of any or all of this, I bet it comes out before long. Maybe there is a once teenage Mom out there with Moore's DNA in a baby, but WHATEVER, IT WILL COME OUT.

Whether lying in church or out of church, what difference does it make??

Archived