Bielema officially fired

Eagle Eye 7

3 hours ago, grandpajay said:

Arky temp. AD holding press conference. They are not gong to form a search committee for new coach. Does this mean they already have their guy???

I think that it may be more that the temporary AD is trying to prove she can do the job herself. Most of the quotes are like this: "I don’t think you need a permanent AD to make an offer (to a coach). I think you need an AD, and we have one."

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/interim-arkansas-ad-julie-cromer-peoples-said-firing-bret-bielema

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

D.Craig did the same thing.  He brought in the WR class, knowing he was leaving. 

exactly happens all the time. I mean shoot look at tubbs was at dinner with recruits at texas tech got up to "go to the bathroom" and never came back because he had taken the cincy job! lol

12 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I think that it may be more that the temporary AD is trying to prove she can do the job herself. Most of the quotes are like this: "I don’t think you need a permanent AD to make an offer (to a coach). I think you need an AD, and we have one."

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/interim-arkansas-ad-julie-cromer-peoples-said-firing-bret-bielema

That was my take, too.  

7 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

That was my take, too.  

I think she will find out what "interim" means ...and she is not going to be the final decision maker...JMO...and what I have heard.

9 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

That’s impressive in all honesty. Make the decision and be decisive with it.

IF she was the one that fired him as he was walking off the field she has no class and will find out that she is in over her head. Whoever did it should be ashamed. Not that they fired him but how.

5 hours ago, bg5 said:

IF she was the one that fired him as he was walking off the field she has no class and will find out that she is in over her head. Whoever did it should be ashamed. Not that they fired him but how.

It was actually in an office adjacent to the field. Bielema said he preferred it that way so he would get to tell his players in person instead of them hearing it through the phone or social media since they would be going home right after the game.

Crazy how much this has blown up because of a tweet without all of the info.

37 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

It was actually in an office adjacent to the field. Bielema said he preferred it that way so he would get to tell his players in person instead of them hearing it through the phone or social media since they would be going home right after the game.

If that's the case then you are right. They said on game day it was on the field.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, gohogs14 said:

It happens....not all of the information and usually none of the context either...

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

bump Arky better get going they need to get the Arky St. coach or Norvell..imo

We won't ever hire anyone from Arkansas State.

Saw where we've been talking to Venables. A little surprised if we went with another defensive-minded guy but I like him.

28 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Saw where we've been talking to Venables. A little surprised if we went with another defensive-minded guy but I like him.

I would think he would be a great hire

25 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Kind'a comforting?

Many Thanks.

On 11/25/2017 at 7:07 PM, gohogs14 said:

Welcome to the age of the Internet where rumor is fact and fact are met with aggressive disdain. 

On 11/25/2017 at 8:07 PM, gohogs14 said:

Outrage is all the rage.... And you guys got hammered for it, even Barkley had to make big deal of it although I think that was for selfish reasons.  I guess you can be thankful once again that at least you're not Tennessee.  Those knuckleheads made everybody forget about the "walking off the field" BS.

37 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Outrage is all the rage.

I'm taking this into my communications meeting in little bit. I will be sure to give you credit when the wild applause starts. 

22 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

I like Venables too but word around here when we were discussing a new head coach is Venables has some major skeletons in the closet....or something to that effect.

Gus has pretty much took himself out of the Ark job. Glad for this. I think he knows the odds of winning SEC championships at Ark are slim pickings. Arky should grab Norvell or Campbell ISU.

Arky has hired two different search firms. One by the money and one by the school. The money has Gus as #1 on their list and Norvell as #2

Archived