Stidham is a damn man

Dual-Threat Rigby

23 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

But surely by now,  even those select few realize how selectively wrong they were.

wde

They better - in the beginning of the season my husband said Stidham was not as advertised. I told him to give him time - he hadn’t played in like 2 years and only 4 games, if that. ?

Proud of that kid, the coaches, and our entire team.... And @austudnt23 who always believed how special this team could and should be. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for the "Malzhan's offense will never work without a true running QB" crowd.  Stidham is the real deal.

Love seeing Ryan Davis continue to make an impact.  We'll need more out of Slayton and CGM in the SECCG. An emergence of McClain would also be nice.

10 hours ago, Jfsmoncrief said:

I love Stidham He played great but not tougher than Marshall tho. Let's not get carry away 

Not carried away. Like I said NM tried to not take the hit. That’s smart , not knocking him. Just last night I saw JS on every run he had the opportunity to go down or take the sidelines, he instead lowered his shoulder and went for extra yards. Take a few minutes and go back and rewatch the game. This guy has tough engraved in his skin. 

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not carried away. Like I said NM tried to not take the hit. That’s smart , not knocking him. Just last night I saw JS on every run he had the opportunity to go down or take the sidelines, he instead lowered his shoulder and went for extra yards. Take a few minutes and go back and rewatch the game. This guy has tough engraved in his skin. 

Just this game tho. Nick Marshall did it all season. Don't Nick Marshall was a tough QB he took on plenty hits & broke many tackles. I'm proud of Stidham he came a long way 

8 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

But surely by now,  even those select few realize how selectively wrong they were.

wde

You are being very kind ?

18 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't MANY AU fans earlier this year saying Stidham wasn't any better but that SW?

If they were it was the ones smoking crack so nobody was paying much attention, lol.

I always think about the Randy Campbell types who are simply masterful at managing the game and not making stupid mistakes and make plays when needed. Stidham has that quality and a great arm to boot. I am very excited about what the future holds for him. I have always wanted Auburn to have more of a vertical passing game and I think he just might be the kind of QB to deliver big numbers in the passing game if that is where the offense evolves. I know it won't be Malzahnesque to feature a passing quarterback in an offense, but a guy can hope.

19 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't MANY AU fans earlier this year saying Stidham wasn't any better but that SW?

He wasn't. But he's stayed healthy  and gotten to play in a Chip Lindsey offense for most of a season now with a healthy, talented, experienced team around him and he's gotten much better. 

He's probably better than Sean but it's sad if folks think that their respective circumstances are remotely apples to apples. 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, Zeek said:

His 20 yard touchdown run made me believe we were going to win. There's something about a player with that level of intent determination and testicular fortitude that just tells everyone watching "I. Will. Win"

What is this testicular fortitude of which you speak?  Is that like when you wake up in the morning and have to pee?

Archived