Ohio State or Bama?

weathergeakal

Ohio State or Bama?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Ohio State or Bama?

• Ohio State
    • Bama

Who do you put in the playoff if Ohio State wins the B10? I put OSU due to having a confrence title. And if you put Bama in your telling me it is a punishment to play in a confrence championship game. Due to having another chance to lose.

Why do most people seem to assume that Wisconsin's going to lose to Ohio State? Wisconsin's defense has only given up more than 20 points in one game this year. Hornibrook is gutsy quarterback. And of course they got the big time running game

I read on another thread that the Committee put themselves in a pickle by choosing Ohio State last year despite the fact they didn't win the Big 10. And I agree. In order to be consistent, they would need to pick Bama over Ohio State. But they don't want two SEC teams, pure and simple. Ohio State brings a huge fan base and TV market to the table, so I think the Committee will go with them.

Don't listen to Finebaum or the SEC media, I think OSU hands down deserves to get in over Bama. If OSU wins they would have 3 top 16 wins, 3! Bama's best win is #17 LSU and they were on the ropes against #24 Mississippi state. The committee will have to ask themselves what's worse, one loss and weak schedule or one bad loss (the other being to a top 5 team), but also 3 top 16 wins. The SEC does not have dominance over other conferences like in years past. There's no way you can say that Bama is clearly better, especially with the way they've played lately. 

23 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Why do most people seem to assume that Wisconsin's going to lose to Ohio State? Wisconsin's defense has only given up more than 20 points in one game this year. Hornibrook is gutsy quarterback. And of course they got the big time running game

I don't know that people are assuming they are going to lose, but it is a strong possibility. Wisconsin is the Georgia of the Big 10.  They were handed a cakewalk schedule on a silver platter and now, for the first time, they have to face a real opponent.

Just being facetious here but I would love to see them have a play-in game. Obviously that is not happening so I'd go with OSU. For me it's simple. It's the conference champion thing. They screwed up last year going with OSU over PSU. Just because they did it wrong once doesn't mean they have to again. As a consolation prize send the Tide some binoculars and give them seats on the top row in Atlanta. That's as close as they should get this year. 

A. OSU

B. Bama

C. The Earth opens up and swallows both schools....taking UGA with them.

I vote "C".

I agree with geak. You can't penalize the teams that play a championship. A few years ago the committee passed on the Big 12 because they did not have a conference championship game.  At this time of the year everything is a play in game. Lose your last game of the season and you are out; lose your conference championship and you are out.

What's the difference between Wisky if they lose this week and UA losing last week? Nothing but 7 days.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Don't listen to Finebaum or the SEC media, I think OSU hands down deserves to get in over Bama. If OSU wins they would have 3 top 16 wins, 3! Bama's best win is #17 LSU and they were on the ropes against #24 Mississippi state. The committee will have to ask themselves what's worse, one loss and weak schedule or one bad loss (the other being to a top 5 team), but also 3 top 16 wins. The SEC does not have dominance over other conferences like in years past. There's no way you can say that Bama is clearly better, especially with the way they've played lately. 

This x1000. Numbers don't lie. If Ohio St. lost close to Iowa this isn't even a conversation that bad loss is the only thing allowing people to still talk about this. 

2 hours ago, aufan57 said:

I see what you’re saying. But as far as where the assumption comes from? Ohio State easily has three times the talent as Wisconsin. But, you can’t win on talent alone.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I see what you’re saying. But as far as where the assumption comes from? Ohio State easily has three times the talent as Wisconsin. But, you can’t win on talent alone.

That RB Wisconsin has is a beast though 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

That "talent" was embarrassed by Iowa

My thing with Bama is that their best win is to a 4 loss MSU.

If they don’t have the resume, they should at least bave the eye test. Against MSU and against Auburn, they failed the eye test. 

With that said, put any matchup on the board and they’d still be favored. I can see them in or out. 

I'm also on the other side of this. OSU is not deserving, unless they beat Wisconsin by 30. They better make a huge statement. Also why is there no argument for Clemson if they lose to Miami? If that's a close game. They want to say OSU as 2 loss has shot so why would Clemson not with a close loss to Miami. Any team with Blowout losses (OSU) should not be considered. If TCU and OSU win. Who has the better win? It's easy, TCU does by a huge amount. 

4 hours ago, SCBusPilot said:

If ISIS and bama were playing tiddlywinks, .... well, you know the rest of that saying.  Go OSU. 

I have friend who's dad used to go the BJCC when the Updykes played exhibitions against the old USSR national team and he would run around going nuts for the Russians.  He was an Auburn aerospace engineer and worked at Redstone, literally a rocket scientist, but he was absolutely crazy about Auburn and HATED bammer.

Image result for alabama russia basketball game

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Also why is there no argument for Clemson if they lose to Miami? If that's a close game. They want to say OSU as 2 loss has shot so why would Clemson not with a close loss to Miami.

Becuase OSU would have a conference title.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

My thing with Bama is that their best win is to a 4 loss MSU.

If they don’t have the resume, they should at least bave the eye test. Against MSU and against Auburn, they failed the eye test. 

With that said, put any matchup on the board and they’d still be favored. I can see them in or out. 

Miss. State is a pretty solid team. They beat a team by 30 points, LSU, who we lost to. Miss State's 4th loss was because their QB got hurt. Miss. State's other three losses are to 3 of the top 6 teams. Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama.

Alabama had passed the eye test until injuries finally became a depth problem for their defense. I don't think any team in the country would be 11-1 if they were without 4 of their main LB's for several games. 

Ohio State had their team intact when they got beat-down by 31 points to Iowa. J.T. Barrett threw 4 interceptions. They were beat decisively from start to finish. Ohio State never lead in the game. There is just no excuse for that game. If Alabama had been beaten by 31 points to South Carolina, they wouldn't even be getting considered  for making the playoffs right now. 

Conference titles should only come into consideration when you're comparing two equal teams. Alabama and Ohio State are not equal. Alabama only has 1 loss to the #2 team in the playoff rankings. Ohio State has 2 losses, one to the #3 team and one where they lost by 31 points to a 7-5 team. I don't see how winning the conference title is going to boost Ohio State over Alabama.

Wisconsin is 12-0 but only #4 in the playoff rankings. Clearly the committee does not think Wisconsin has passed the eye test to be considered better than a 1 loss Clemson, 2 loss Auburn, and 1 loss Oklahoma. Also, the committee doesn't appear to be very high on the Big Ten. There are 3 SEC teams ranked ahead of Ohio State and a 2 loss SEC team(us) ranked ahead of an undefeated Big Ten team.

44 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Miss. State is a pretty solid team. They beat a team by 30 points, LSU, who we lost to. Miss State's 4th loss was because their QB got hurt. Miss. State's other three losses are to 3 of the top 6 teams. Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama.

MSU got beaten pretty soundly by two of those top six teams. Pitiful Ole Miss beat them in a rivalry game and don’t forget that their star QB was hurt as well. There is nothing solid about that team. 

46 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Alabama had passed the eye test until injuries finally became a depth problem for their defense. I don't think any team in the country would be 11-1 if they were without 4 of their main LB's for several games. 

Not really. They won but never looked spectacular or like world-beaters( unlike their previous years, including last year on defense when they they pretty much averaged a non-offensive TD per game.) Their line play has been pretty shaky on both sides of the game and their soft OOC schedule was rather uninspiring. Also, Bammers  have been telling me for years that “we don’t rebuild, we reload”, so their lack of depth chart is of no excuse to me when they dwindle down from 15 stud LB’s to 11. 

52 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Wisconsin is 12-0 but only #4 in the playoff rankings. Clearly the committee does not think Wisconsin has passed the eye test to be considered better than a 1 loss Clemson, 2 loss Auburn, and 1 loss Oklahoma.

Even Alabama has beaten more ranked teams than Wisconsin, and I’m sure the CFP committee is still keeping tabs on that. 

54 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Conference titles should only come into consideration when you're comparing two equal teams. Alabama and Ohio State are not equal. Alabama only has 1 loss to the #2 team in the playoff rankings. Ohio State has 2 losses, one to the #3 team and one where they lost by 31 points to a 7-5 team. I don't see how winning the conference title is going to boost Ohio State over Alabama.

Like I said, I could see reasonable explanations for both, Alabama to be left out, and to be included into the playoffs. After all, if tOSU beats number 4 Wisconsin handily this weekend and has a conference title, surely that means something as well. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

MSU got beaten pretty soundly by two of those top six teams. Pitiful Ole Miss beat them in a rivalry game and don’t forget that their star QB was hurt as well. There is nothing solid about that team. 

Not really. They won but never looked spectacular or like world-beaters( unlike their previous years, including last year on defense when they they pretty much averaged a non-offensive TD per game.) Their line play has been pretty shaky on both sides of the game and their soft OOC schedule was rather uninspiring. Also, Bammers  have been telling me for years that “we don’t rebuild, we reload”, so their lack of depth chart is of no excuse to me when they dwindle down from 15 stud LB’s to 11. 

Even Alabama has beaten more ranked teams than Wisconsin, and I’m sure the CFP committee is still keeping tabs on that. 

Like I said, I could see reasonable explanations for both, Alabama to be left out, and to be included into the playoffs. After all, if tOSU beats number 4 Wisconsin handily this weekend and has a conference title, surely that means something as well. 

Miss State didn't play much worse against Auburn than Georgia did and Georgia is the #6 team right now. They were #1 when we beat them. So by that logic Auburn shouldn't get as much credit as they have for beating Georgia. But I doubt you think Auburn shouldn't have gotten credit for beating #1 Georgia right?

Do you think that if both Shea Patterson and Nick Fitzgerald had been able to play in the game that Ole Miss would have still won? I don't.....  Fitzgerald is more important to Miss State's team. Fitzgerald was less than 100 yards from breaking Cam Newton's SEC QB rushing record. 

Ole Miss's backup is a JUCO who had already started like 5 games. I'd argue that Ta'amu is about as good as Shea Patterson has been. Miss State's backup is a true Freshman who had only played in mop up duty all year. 

Just look at how Fitzgerald played against Alabama vs how Shea Patterson played against Alabama and get back to me about which QB is better.

Archived