Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

Just now, WalkingCarpet said:

You didn't live in Talon Hall did you?

I was in Aubie if I remember correctly.  It was the dorm directly across from the food court place.  I was there the very first year where they didn't know if it would open in time.  Fire alarms went off all of the time.  Got to meet a lot of the girls on the floors below me because of the constant fire alarms though!  Dated a girl for about 3 months because of it.  :rollin:

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kevon67 said:

yours had me stumped as I pegged you 49.

You would be surprised.  @GwillMac6 thought I was 40 until I posted on this thread (I am 28).  Same goes the other way.  With how poorly some people write or use "lol", you would think they are in their teens when in reality they are 60+.

41 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'm a little surprised that most people commenting here are older folks. I figured this forum would skew younger since our other boards ITAT and AUC are mainly populated by old farts. 

This board reads a LOT younger and is so much more fun than those boards. It is so painful to read the AU 247 boards tbh lol. They give great info and generally have solid reporting but The tone on there is soooooo boring and I feel bad for KN because I feel a lot of his humor goes over peoples head there and they do not appreciate it. He would fit in a lot better at Rivals. Auburn Rivals though? That place is the fountain of youth though for Auburn message boards. It is one non stop party that is never ending! haha. I will say I do not know anything about Auburn Rant though. That is the one Auburn message board I have not read on a consistent basis.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This board reads a LOT younger and is so much more fun than those boards. It is so painful to read the AU 247 boards tbh lol. The tone on there is soooooo boring and I feel bad for KN because I feel a lot of his humor goes over peoples head there and they do not appreciate it. Auburn Rivals though? That place is the fountain of youth though for Auburn message boards. It is one non stop party that is never ending! haha.

Keith is low key hilarious. I've had a premium sub to the Scout boards since 2010 because I respect the heck out of Mark Murphy and Jason Caldwell. Those boards are so joyless and sterile now that it's hard to go over there for the forums anymore. I miss the boards pre-2015 when people were ripping on each other and sharing bammer conspiracies. A lot of the old guard from the Scout boards HATE Marcello and can't stand the merger with 247 which I find hilarious. He dabbles a little too much in rumor mongering for my tastes but I don't think he has an axe to grind like some people think. I've read the Bunker before and it reads like SECRant to me. I don't read it enough to know if everyone is in on some really elaborate mass trolling or if they really believe some of the stuff that gets thrown around. 

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

He dabbles a little too much in rumor mongering for my tastes but I don't think he has an axe to grind

Marcello seems miserable covering Auburn but he's not as nakedly and aggressively anti-Gus as Creepy was. 

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I was in Aubie if I remember correctly.  It was the dorm directly across from the food court place.  I was there the very first year where they didn't know if it would open in time.  Fire alarms went off all of the time.  Got to meet a lot of the girls on the floors below me because of the constant fire alarms though!  Dated a girl for about 3 months because of it.  :rollin:

One of my buddies lived in Aubie and he said that place was nuts. Talon was run by a bunch of puritans who didn't believe in fun. One of the RAs knocked on our door at 12:02 on a Friday night because we had a girl over and it was after midnight.... we had a half dozen people over to play Mario Party and eat wings and the RA thought we were having an orgy or something. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Marcello seems miserable covering Auburn but he's not as nakedly and aggressively anti-Gus as Creepy was. 

I think his deadpan delivery in interviews and podcasts throws a lot of people off. Maybe he's just not that talkative of a guy? 

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You would be surprised.  @GwillMac6 thought I was 40 until I posted on this thread (I am 28).  Same goes the other way.  With how poorly some people write or use "lol", you would think they are in their teens when in reality they are 60+.

I was pretty close......had you in the 34 -35 range.

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Used to play Halo 4 with a woman that was 71...........she could hold her own...........would sen her an invite and would get messages back like see you in a couple of hrs.....gonna do some gardening.

11 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

One of my buddies lived in Aubie and he said that place was nuts. Talon was run by a bunch of puritans who didn't believe in fun. One of the RAs knocked on our door at 12:02 on a Friday night because we had a girl over and it was after midnight.... we had a half dozen people over to play Mario Party and eat wings and the RA thought we were having an orgy or something. 

Want to know something really funny?  The same exact thing happened to me, but it was Mario Cart.  My roommates and I could get a little loud/intense playing that and Smash Bros.  Rainbow Road is no joke.  I had to write an essay on why not to have a girl in my room.  So weird.

8 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Used to play Halo 4 with a woman that was 71...........she could hold her own...........would sen her an invite and would get messages back like see you in a couple of hrs.....gonna do some gardening.

This makes me sound like a huge nerd, but I'm nationally ranked in Halo 5.  Sole reason I own an xbox.  If you still play, feel free to hit me up: Brave Eagle 1 is my gamertag.  Just imagine this powerlifter guy with a little headset on playing the game.  That’s me.  😂

On 1/5/2018 at 11:13 AM, abw0004 said:

That's why you have people like me in their 20's to keep up the sex-appeal of the forum.  :cool:  Bringin sexy back!

giphy.gif

@kevon67 thanks for reacting to this post.  Completely forgot about this gif.  I need to use it more often.  

11 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I think his deadpan delivery in interviews and podcasts throws a lot of people off. Maybe he's just not that talkative of a guy? 

I feel as though I've seen/read him be pretty open about his distaste for his gig. I could've misinterpreted it.

He did have a twitter exchange with Creepy the other night (I see a LOT of stuff I don't intend to on twitter just because people I follow like tweets or follow other people) where they essentially complained about and made fun of the limited media availability Gus allows. I don't hate them for that, honestly, but it doesn't do much to challenge the notion that Marcello doesn't like his job for somebody like me who is inclined to view things a certain way.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This makes me sound like a huge nerd, but I'm nationally ranked in Halo 5.  Sole reason I own an xbox.  If you still play, feel free to hit me up: Brave Eagle 1 is my gamertag.

Mr.NewVegas67

Actually though it really could just be me, this board can make you feel old.....like why am I arguing stuff that I have pretty much hands down proven I really really know? I'm not even arguing basketball anymore, I'm just going to say what it is and then ok everything else and then come back later when it happens and just post an emoji with a quote

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Marcello just has one of those personalities that it makes him seem like he is miserable about just about everything. He is a pretty big Gus guy since he is from Arkansas and grew up when the legend of Gus was rising as a high school coach in that state. Back when rumors were swirling that Gus may actually lose his job last year he stated he still thinks Gus is a really good coach. He just is a total a**hole (which he admits) and gets in to numerous spats with the paying customer. I think he is really good at his job though. The driving plains content he created last summer with Allen Greene, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE and Gus was incredible. He is another one who tells it like it is like KN for crutin on there and not just blind sunshine pumper. That is obviously P Marsh role on that site............

56 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm going back to when my life was just girls, football, basketball, and video games

When? Can I go with you? Pretty sure my midlife crisis is going to happen pretty soon so I might as well go ahead and start figuring out my plan. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Marcello just has one of those personalities that it makes him seem like he is miserable about just about everything. He is a pretty big Gus guy since he is from Arkansas and grew up when the legend of Gus was rising as a high school coach in that state. Back when rumors were swirling that Gus may actually lose his job last year he stated he still thinks Gus is a really good coach. He just is a total a**hole (which he admits) and gets in to numerous spats with the paying customer. I think he is really good at his job though. The driving plains content he created last summer with Allen Greene, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE and Gus was incredible. He is another one who tells it like it is like KN for crutin on there and not just blind sunshine pump. That is obviously P Marsh role on that site............

Well, you and @WalkingCarpet are clearly more familiar with his work than I am, so I will dial back my criticism. 

Maybe we should start sending him cards and gift baskets and maybe he'll be a little happier knowing that someone... somewhere out there... cares

Image result for care bear gif

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'm going back to when my life was just girls, football, basketball, and video games

I go back to the early to mid 80's at least 4 hrs a day..........makes me sad having to return sometimes.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

When? Can I go with you? Pretty sure my midlife crisis is going to happen pretty soon so I might as well go ahead and start figuring out my plan. 

Man in Florence they just had a legends basketball tourney between Florence, deshler, Sheffield, etc.....so I was asked to represent my hood of course............ Let's just say I can still play but I can't do what my brain is used to me doing. Very sad day coming to grips with that. So from here on out I'm savoring every dribble

12 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I go back to the early to mid 80's at least 4 hrs a day..........makes me sad having to return sometimes.

I just posted.....I'm not looking forward to the 30/40 club

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just posted.....I'm not looking forward to the 30/40 club

Turning 30 was very difficult for me and cant really explain why...........was approaching 4 years of marriage, good job and was in the gym 4 days a week..........40 and 50 were a breeze.......sorta.😂

Archived