Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hehe. Look at me discussing META booking like a smark lol. 

I’ve really enjoyed our discourse! It’s been a fuggin blast brother!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

xactly that’s my whole point! He left wwe because he was a nobody by the time he left. Wwe gave him every opportunity to become a star and nothing took. The same fan’s didn’t give a ish about him. In AEW he still couldn’t become a star and top guy.

That’s not on him. 

Getting over is more of an art than a science. Some people take a really terrible gimmick and by the grace of God get it over. Look no further than his big brother with the Goldust gimmick for someone that managed to pull that off. Some people can’t get a good gimmick over.

But at the end of the day he has hit and is over AF with the audience. That’s all that matters. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He’s just not credible at all in this jerrrrrrrrn ceeeeena role they clearly are going for. 

They’re clearly not going for Cena with him. Cody is going to be the well spoken, gentleman champion when he pulls it off.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he’s going to cool off after he wins at mania because  without a real viable mega star and main eventer to play off of in Roman fans will become less invested in him. And yes I agree the fans def are big fans of him but as we all know wwe fans are the most fickle kind of fan!! It’s way easy to get to the top than stay there in wwe.

Were I not convinced Trips absolutely knows what he’s doing with the booking I’d absolutely agree with you. Vince is gone now though. I think WWE will be fine. 

And the timing is absolutely perfect. Who better to have than the feel good story of Dusty’s friendly, well spoken kid carrying the banner of the company as they enter a new broadcasting deal?

The heel heat can come later. Put the belt on a face and stabilize things. Then enter the Netflix deal with a huge blow off to hook in the wider audience you’re about to have to appeal to. 

Edited by AUDub

• 2 weeks later...

This was absolutely fantastic.  Explained everything from the Rock's motivation etc. This was much needed for this triangle.  Pretty much explains the way @GwillMac6 was feeling about why this was the route he wanted.  Forgive me if I'm wrong in that assessment.  Just loved this element to this story. 

Edited by AUBwins

Just watched The Rock Bloodline segment from last night. Man o man, Trips struck gold with this storyline. I can almost see where it’s headed, but Rock has put everyone on his back and he’s carrying them to greatness. 

I can’t wait to watch Wrestlmania, but man, it’s going to be hella risky to put Seth and Cody in night one matches. Those two guys don’t know how to save themselves. They go balls to the wall every match. I just hope we don’t see injuries.

On 3/1/2024 at 7:12 PM, AUBwins said:

This was absolutely fantastic.  Explained everything from the Rock's motivation etc. This was much needed for this triangle.  Pretty much explains the way @GwillMac6 was feeling about why this was the route he wanted.  Forgive me if I'm wrong in that assessment.  Just loved this element to this story. 

The man is a walking promo. Perfection. Nobody since Cornette has done it better. 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just watched The Rock Bloodline segment from last night. Man o man, Trips struck gold with this storyline. I can almost see where it’s headed, but Rock has put everyone on his back and he’s carrying them to greatness. 

I can’t wait to watch Wrestlmania, but man, it’s going to be hella risky to put Seth and Cody in night one matches. Those two guys don’t know how to save themselves. They go balls to the wall every match. I just hope we don’t see injuries.

I’m just ready for the coming Bron Steiner mega push.

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’m just ready for the coming Bron Steiner mega push.

He must get the steiner name. 

• 2 weeks later...

Black Adam Rock entrance 😆.  Nice!

On 3/11/2024 at 9:15 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

@GwillMac6

Dude…….

That whole segment was so good. The Rock is getting literal heel heat and he’s as perfect as he was at it back in the Nation days. 

Mania is going to be incredible. 

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That whole segment was so good. The Rock is getting literal heel heat and he’s as perfect as he was at it back in the Nation days. 

Mania is going to be incredible. 

Yea he hasn’t missed a step other than hammering that clown face emoji comment a little too much. 

It’s weird, because he’s getting heat, but also, people have begun to appreciate and love him more since he went heel. Same thing happened with Roman.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea he hasn’t missed a step other than hammering that clown face emoji comment a little too much. 

It’s weird, because he’s getting heat, but also, people have begun to appreciate and love him more since he went heel. Same thing happened with Roman.

He’s getting heat because Cody is white hot over. Time for the payoff. 

This last weeks Rock promo was platinum level. Good lord. Rocky is resurrecting the WWE. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This last weeks Rock promo was platinum level. Good lord. Rocky is resurrecting the WWE. 

Sir. Siiiiiiiir. I know you aren’t going to sit here and give Dwayne all the credit!!! The bloodline has already made wrasslin cool again the past couple of years! But yes Hollywood Rock is def keeping the fire burning bright baby!!! I’m so glad we actually have the Rock back in wwe. Ever since he came back in 2011 to host Mania then face jerrrrrrrn cena the next 2 years he wasn’t the rock. He was bland vanilla baby face Dwayne Johnson. Finally this is THE Rock that we all grew up on!!! Woooo!!!

16 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

WWE already had the ship righted. So much better since Vinnie Mac has been gone. 

• Like 2

I've been acknowledged!! 😆 🤣 

Screenshot_20240326_202103_X.jpg

Well said punk!!! 👏 🙌

Yeah Punk hit the nail on the head. It’s not a promotion. It’s a billionaire mark’s fun little hobby.

There are no adults in the room over there. 

• Like 1

I’m so hyped for mania! The build has been elite. And everything is going to culminate to the glass shattering and the ultimate equalizer coming in!

image.gif.1c1950667cffc26358d48df9535a79e2.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m so hyped for mania! The build has been elite. And everything is going to culminate to the glass shattering and the ultimate equalizer coming in!

image.gif.1c1950667cffc26358d48df9535a79e2.gif

No one wants or needs to see that women beating alcoholic….. 😒🙄

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No one wants or needs to see that women beating alcoholic….. 😒🙄

Yea let’s see how who agrees with you when the glass shatters on Sunday night. That place is going to erupt. 

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea let’s see how who agrees with you when the glass shatters on Sunday night. That place is going to erupt. 

Oh it def will. Don’t mean I want to see it. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Oh it def will. Don’t mean I want to see it. 

The bloodline is going to come out and do their thing.

Cena is going to come out to take down Solo.

Jey is coming out to take out Jimmy.

Austin is taking out Rock.

Cody gets a clean win vs Roman, because his goons are out of the picture.

Dustin and Mama roads come out to celebrate, and Mama Roads beats the dogsh*t out of Rock with his belt.

image.gif.4e4aa4231c526cff3cd8604109f6c9a3.gif

• Angry 1

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The bloodline is going to come out and do their thing.

Cena is going to come out to take down Solo.

Jey is coming out to take out Jimmy.

Austin is taking out Rock.

Cody gets a clean win vs Roman, because his goons are out of the picture.

Dustin and Mama roads come out to celebrate, and Mama Roads beats the dogsh*t out of Rock with his belt.

image.gif.4e4aa4231c526cff3cd8604109f6c9a3.gif

Man **** Cody. **** his crybaby fans. This is not the main event I wanted. We just got that last year. I’m sick of hearing about his got damn story. He is a whiny little bitch. Cody isn’t a real main eventer. Couldn’t even get over at a company he helped create. The Bloodline is what made wrestling cool again and got ratings and interest up.

Most importantly **** stone cold Steve Austin. Rock owes him an absolutely hellacious beat down where ol steveweiser gets very little offense in. Steve always got to have the last word and the upper hand in that feud and get a loooooot more W’s in that feud than Rock. I will never everrrrrrr get over that. I will forever and always be a Rock guy over Austin. Austin 3:16 can kiss my ass. And idgaf if that’s not the bottom line……

• Love 1