Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I saw the finger poke of doom live. As bad as this swerve was, nothing will ever match that. 

You aren't kidding.  Lol.  You being live to see a PPV match only to get shorted like that.  That's scarring heat right there. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

You aren't kidding.  Lol.  You being live to see a PPV match only to get shorted like that.  That's scarring heat right there. 

Oh it was utter despair and outrage. I completely switched to Raw after that. 

• Like 1

Really interested in seeing how AEW responds tonight. Nice card! 

Tony freaking Kahn is in his bag right now.  That's how you respond to Wrestlemania.  Pretty much opened the show with this ...

20230405_233401.thumb.jpg.a6366daaaecb6deb3881ab805794d404.jpg

Nigel actually debuted for ROH supercard but announced all elite before Dynamite.  Then Jay White joins BC member Juice Rob. And interferes and attacks Starks before match gets going

Then busted out the new announcement ...

20230405_233700.thumb.jpg.2ca48f1047c35cf8c59ec7e3e97c5a47.jpg

Then cherry on top tonight ... the guys are sticking around ...

20230405_234043.thumb.jpg.c619df2e223ad84c8800cefe4e2796ee.jpg

Not to mention defending 4 belts tonight.  Excellent matches and promos all night.  Just a superb show!!

• 3 weeks later...

He's got a point. One of these high spots in a who cares match is gonna get someone killed eventually. 

RDT_20230426_2015167620444604410837883.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

He's got a point. One of these high spots in a who cares match is gonna get someone killed eventually. 

RDT_20230426_2015167620444604410837883.jpg

He's not wrong.  He's only 24 and he gets it already.  That's why he will have as long of a career as he wants to.  That's one reason Rey has extended his career so long, because began protecting himself as time went on.  (Sad to say he actually did give a blow that killed somebody, but it was a bit of a fluke).

This is great stuff.  Heel Bryan and BCC is freaking awesome!  Loving this Elite vs BCC feud.  I think there are more layers that will add to this over the next weeks and possibly months.

@GwillMac6 Tagging you since I know Bryan Danielson is your boy.  Epic Bryan!!   Amateurs!

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, AUBwins said:

This is great stuff.  Heel Bryan and BCC is freaking awesome!  Loving this Elite vs BCC feud.  I think there are more layers that will add to this over the next weeks and possibly months.

@GwillMac6 Tagging you since I know Bryan Danielson is your boy.  Epic Bryan!!   Amateurs!

IMG_3289.gif

• Love 1

From all the followup (didn't watch), sounds like WWE really knocked Backlash out of the water in Puerto Rico.  They headlined matches with Latino heritage wrestlers and of course Bad Bunny.  Crowd was incredible, with biggest moments with Bunny and Zelina Vega. Perfect choice of time for Zelina to challenge for the title.  Kudos.  They showed what they can do with some creative booking.  Here is a highlight of crowd reactions.  

• Like 1

Love the international PPV and special shows direction right now.  Clash and Backlash were huge successes, and with AEW currently on its way to sell out Wembley Stadium.  $70K SOLD WITHOUT A SINGLE MATCH OR CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT. That show is going to be absolutely incredible, from a company in its 4th year of existence!  Forbidden Door in Toronto, Canada is already sold out for the following week.   Anyways the international crowd eat this up. We are in a really fun place as wrestling fans!  

Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley in a steel cage tonight.  😳 

They are in a vicious feud so there will be emotion. This will be good. And bloody lol

AEW starting to get into big arenas more frequently.  Just announced they will be at The Garden in Boston July 17th!  Also Tony is promoting hard for Dynamite tonight. Getting closer to multiple PPVs, you would think All In or Forbidden Door might get started with the storylines.

AEW Dynamite freaking ruled!!!!

Cage match was insane! Cameos from returned wrestlers! And a good old fashioned turncoat. Oh and the House of Black match with Open House rules has an incredible atmosphere.  Well done whoever created that environment.

Don't scroll down if you still plan to watch the cage match.  I am showing a clip from it.

INSANE!!!  Literally jumped out of my chair.

BIG BIG NEWS!!!  It will be Live!, not taped.  And feature some excellent talents that have not really had a chance to shine.  Honestly those are all favorites of mine.  Really happy about all of it.  This is huge because it ought to satisfy the need to have more airtime for the large talent they have brought in.  Oh and CM Punk will headline it as well.  He just not officially announced back yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Double or nothing was fun.  Wasn't their best show, but a good start to the summer run of huge shows coming (All In & Forbidden Door 2). The crowd sucked for the most part but AEW woke them up with the last 3 matches.  TBS championship was surprisingly the boost to get it on track. After the match, Sterling said after she won her 60th match and no losses,  Jade can defend any time but nobody left that is good enough.  Big Pop as Kris Statlander returned!! And man she looked fantastic.  Sculpted, with an attitude.  She started this character change before getting injured.  Not only did she return, they had the match right then and Stat won the TBS championship. AEW's money in the back cash in equivalent feel.  Unexpected but fantastic choice.  She was expected to win it a year ago from Jade.  My favorite part of the night. She'll be a great champ. 

Then the 4 pillars match absolutely delivered.  Great showcase of their 4 brightest star young guys.  Great finish too. 

Then Anarchy in Arena.  Wow.  How could it top the 4 pillars?  But it did.  Pure chaos and a heck of a lot of fun.  And still continued the story build.  

Had some great spots throughout.  And some surprises. AEW PPVs are great because they find a way to at least have 2 to 3 killer matches that can save a bit lackluster PPV. This is what DON was.  The crowd was a bit dead and caused most of the feeling of lackluster.

Edited by AUBwins

• 2 weeks later...

I knew she had NIL with them.  Cool to see she going through the training. 

Smackdown was in Lexington last night.  Didn't realize they were here lol.  Would have been cool to see with the full roster showing up. 

Anyways.  1st episode of Collision tonight on TNT. Most excited for Andrade vs Buddy Mathews! And MIRO. I really hope they turn the Punk thing into a feud. Timing isn't right for it but if he wasn't involved with a story already, hangman ending the show with taking out Punk would be excellent, must watch teaser 

• 1 month later...

Ran across this today. I hadn't heard this before but the stat about dropping his elbow made me laugh.

Screenshot_20230808-165842~2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Wow... Horrific news 

Dude ... WTF? No way man! That sucks.