Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

I am a 34 year old grown man and I’m over here mad af 😡😤🤬😠👿 about a pre determined event!!!!! Stop trying to make a perennial mid carder and honestly lower than that literally his whole career a main eventer!!!! The list of people who have won back to back rumbles is very short. All are all time greats. Dusty kid ain’t close to that!!!! All I wanted at mania was rock vs Roman not the same Fuggin main event 2 years in a row!!!!!! O and screw Dwayne for continually teasing a match with Roman for several years now and not delivering!!! They literally picked the most boring vanilla 😴 💤 route possible!!!! Man I got wooooorked by wwe tonight… 😭😢🥹😔☹️

Edited by GwillMac6

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am a 34 year old grown man and I’m over here mad af 😡😤🤬😠👿 about a pre determined event!!!!! Stop trying to make a perennial mid carder and honestly lower than that literally his whole career a main eventer!!!! The list of people who have won back to back rumbles is very short. All are all time greats. Dusty kid ain’t close to that!!!! All I wanted at mania was rock vs Roman not the same Fuggin main event 2 years in a row!!!!!! O and screw Dwayne for continually teasing a match with Roman for several years now and not delivering!!! They literally picked the most boring vanilla 😴 💤 route possible!!!! Man I got wooooorked by wwe tonight… 😭😢🥹😔☹️

I was wondering your thoughts on this .. 😆 

• Haha 1

As a whole I hate that we practically know which 2 or 3 will have a chance to win regardless.  I wanted Rock to be 30 so bad lol.  Then they would have had every freaking scenario they've discussed right there at the end. 

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

As a whole I hate that we practically know which 2 or 3 will have a chance to win regardless.  I wanted Rock to be 30 so bad lol.  Then they would have had every freaking scenario they've discussed right there at the end. 

It’s on Dwayne man!!!! He keeps teasing a match  with Roman for the past 3 years and every year he backs out and doesn’t commit!!! Just stfu and don’t get peoples hopes up!!! The crowd was def deflated after he didn’t come out at 30. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Actually thought the women's match was better once it got going

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Actually thought the women's match was better once it got going

Oh it absolutely was better with a much better winner!!!! The role model story is immensely more compelling than Cody.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oh it absolutely was better with a much better winner!!!! The role model story is immensely more compelling than Cody.

WWE screwed that up last year.  Should have had him or Sammy do it then.  Then so many more available options.  I re-tuned out mostly after that botch at WM last year.  I also think they have gotten stuck with the DPriest cash in.  He should not still have the case lol.  I want Truth to really be plotting to take the case and cash it in himself either for some off the wall title or cash in and waste it on either Seth or Roman and get JDay ticked at him 😆 

• Love 1

Truth was the best part of both Rumble matches lol

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And to top it off, Bayley beat Rhea record time in Rumble. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Truth was the best part of both Rumble matches lol

He def was!!! He has the best job in wwe right now!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

WWE screwed that up last year.  Should have had him or Sammy do it then.  Then so many more available options.  I re-tuned out mostly after that botch at WM last year.  I also think they have gotten stuck with the DPriest cash in.  He should not still have the case lol.  I want Truth to really be plotting to take the case and cash it in himself either for some off the wall title or cash in and waste it on either Seth or Roman and get JDay ticked at him 😆 

Lololol just had to get in that little shot about you tuning out didn’t you aew truther!?! 😂😂

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Lololol just had to get in that little shot about you tuning out didn’t you aew truther!?! 😂😂

Yea I'm kinda ticked I didn't just watch Collision lol Their cage match ruled. 

Honestly I was on Sasha watch in rumble 😆 

Seriously that's what demand is for.  

On 1/28/2024 at 4:44 PM, GwillMac6 said:

It’s on Dwayne man!!!! He keeps teasing a match  with Roman for the past 3 years and every year he backs out and doesn’t commit!!! Just stfu and don’t get peoples hopes up!!! The crowd was def deflated after he didn’t come out at 30. 

Been thinking about this.  WM scenario:  Solo interferes again to set up the same screw job as last year.  Rock interrupts allowing Cody to take advantage and win.  Rock needs to screw Roman out of the title.  Then Rock v Roman writes itself in a non title feud, where WWE can pick whomever they want to be head of table. My preference is stays with the Rock. They both ride off to Hollywood.

16 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Been thinking about this.  WM scenario:  Solo interferes again to set up the same screw job as last year.  Rock interrupts allowing Cody to take advantage and win.  Rock needs to screw Roman out of the title.  Then Rock v Roman writes itself in a non title feud, where WWE can pick whomever they want to be head of table. My preference is stays with the Rock. They both ride off to Hollywood.

There is Absolutely no way the longest modern championship reign should be ended in anything but a clean victory by whoever wins. It would be like if taker’s mania streak was ended with some screwy finish. It’s the biggest rub they have given to a guy since then. It should only be a clean 1,2,3.

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is Absolutely no way the longest modern championship reign should be ended in anything but a clean victory by whoever wins. It would be like if taker’s mania streak was ended with some screwy finish. It’s the biggest rub they have given to a guy since then. It should only be a clean 1,2,3.

Maybe so if over half of those defenses didn't end with said interruption.  He made the bed and can lie in it 😆 

On 1/27/2024 at 11:26 PM, GwillMac6 said:

How ya feeling about this now?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

How ya feeling about this now?

A lot different than the wrasslin fans on the internet who are losing their minds!!!! 😂😂

IMG_6937.jpeg

IMG_6938.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

A lot different than the wrasslin fans on the internet who are losing their minds!!!! 😂😂

IMG_6937.jpeg

IMG_6938.jpeg

Everyone is acting like Rock bogarts peoples moment. The dude hasn’t wrestled in 8 years! Lol. 

Bunch of whiney little bi*ches on the web man. This match was ALWAYS going to happen. People aren’t thinking about the fact the Roman also has a story and The Rock is his final boss.

Cody is going to get his title from Seth.

Speaking of Seth, Roman probably cut his funniest promo ever on him last week😂😂

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2024 at 12:26 AM, GwillMac6 said:

I’m gonna have to disagree with you on Cody, brother. Cody Rhodes puts on a mf show! One of the most energetic and charismatic wrestlers in this era. He’s a way better worker than Roman. 

Seth and Cody matches are chefs kiss perfection. Those two guys are going to bring the mf house down at Mania. 

Rock is old and hasn’t worked in a long time. He and Roman match up well, because Roman just simply doesn’t have the ability to carry a long match and have it be fresh. His strengths lie elsewhere. 

WWE imo got this mania right. You get to watch Roman’s final chapter of the bloodline story and you get to watch the two young future faces of the current company put on a masterclass show that could only be rivaled by SCSA and The Rock.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m gonna have to disagree with you on Cody, brother. Cody Rhodes puts on a mf show! One of the most energetic and charismatic wrestlers in this era. He’s a way better worker than Roman. 

Seth and Cody matches are chefs kiss perfection. Those two guys are going to bring the mf house down at Mania. 

Rock is old and hasn’t worked in a long time. He and Roman match up well, because Roman just simply doesn’t have the ability to carry a long match and have it be fresh. His strengths lie elsewhere. 

WWE imo got this mania right. You get to watch Roman’s final chapter of the bloodline story and you get to watch the two young future faces of the current company put on a masterclass show that could only be rivaled by SCSA and The Rock.

I can’t take a guy serious who couldn’t even get over in aew when he was a fuggin evp!!!! He will always just be dashing Cody Rhodes and stardust to me!!! he’s just not a true main eventer man. Nice little B plus player!!! 😁😅🤣😆🤭

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I can’t take a guy serious who couldn’t even get over in aew when he was a fuggin evp!!!! He will always just be dashing Cody Rhodes and stardust to me!!! he’s just not a true main eventer man. Nice little B plus player!!! 😁😅🤣😆🤭

Well he’s in the top 5 in merch sales right now, on the cover of WWE2k24, ranked #2 behind Roman on ESPN’s 2024 rankings, and #1 on the PWI power rankings. I’d say he’s over. 

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well he’s in the top 5 in merch sales right now, on the cover of WWE2k24, ranked #2 behind Roman on ESPN’s 2024 rankings, and #1 on the PWI power rankings. I’d say he’s over. 

Oh he’s def over but I WILL NEVER see him as a true main event guy. Some guys you just can’t get past your first impression. For several years he was always just a mid carder.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oh he’s def over but I WILL NEVER see him as a true main event guy. Some guys you just can’t get past your first impression. For several years he was always just a mid carder.

Just saw a clip on twitter of him tonight on Raw. This mf is so over, he’s got the stadium chanting Rocky sucks, without even provoking it. Unreal man. As a 36 year old millennial, I never thought I’d see the day that a face Rock came back to boos. Rock deserves better than this sh*t.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just saw a clip on twitter of him tonight on Raw. This mf is so over, he’s got the stadium chanting Rocky sucks, without even provoking it. Unreal man. As a 36 year old millennial, I never thought I’d see the day that a face Rock came back to boos. Rock deserves better than this sh*t.

Wrasslin fans are fickle. They see a hot bandwagon angle  filling up and it’s a mad dash to all have group think together collectively. There’s no way that I believe this many people want to see Cody vs Roman 2. A main event we just saw last year ffs. People have been clamoring for Rock vs Roman for several years. Now everyone is like nah??? They just want Cody to win the title and “finish his story”.  Which please for the love of God can we just stfu about it!? It’s repeated over and over! As soon as wrestling fans get what they want they move on to something else real quickly. As soon as Cody wins a lot of his popularity will start to erode. 

• Like 1

RIP Toby Keith