Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man **** Cody. **** his crybaby fans. This is not the main event I wanted. We just got that last year. I’m sick of hearing about his got damn story. He is a whiny little bitch. Cody isn’t a real main eventer. Couldn’t even get over at a company he helped create. The Bloodline is what made wrestling cool again and got ratings and interest up.

Most importantly **** stone cold Steve Austin. Rock owes him an absolutely hellacious beat down where ol steveweiser gets very little offense in. Steve always got to have the last word and the upper hand in that feud and get a loooooot more W’s in that feud than Rock. I will never everrrrrrr get over that. I will forever and always be a Rock guy over Austin. Austin 3:16 can kiss my ass. And idgaf if that’s not the bottom line……

I was actually always a Rock guy growing up. Still am. I thought his character had more structure. 

But as a grown ass adult I just appreciate the story telling and I want the story to go the most entertaining route, no matter who is on the winning or losing side. And I think Roman’s title reign has become stale at this point. I’m ready to see him drop it and enter fueds that aren’t fueled by the championship. 

I disagree on Cody. His mic skills are a little boring to me, but he puts on a hell of a match. He’s also a perfect pure babyface and WWE hasn’t had that as champ in a while. 

We’ve all been over your “he couldn’t  get over” issue. That’s silly talk! Austin didn’t get over until he did. Same with the Rock, HHH, etc. It takes the right gimmick/booking. He’s damn sure over now, and that’s all that matters. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was actually always a Rock guy growing up. Still am. I thought his character had more structure. 

But as a grown ass adult I just appreciate the story telling and I want the story to go the most entertaining route, no matter who is on the winning or losing side. And I think Roman’s title reign has become stale at this point. I’m ready to see him drop it and enter fueds that aren’t fueled by the championship. 

I disagree on Cody. His mic skills are a little boring to me, but he puts on a hell of a match. He’s also a perfect pure babyface and WWE hasn’t had that as champ in a while. 

Soooooo Cody is a way less entertaining jerrrrrrrrrn ceeeeeena but in a suit??? Exactly. He’s just a corny goober vanilla baby face.

The bloodline is the best storyline the wwe has done since the attitude era and the big business, uptick in ratings back that up. Cody will be noooooothing without the chase and babbling about finishing the story. That will grow old and stale real quick. Already looking forward to hhh taking the belt off him real quick. Hopefully at Summerslam….

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Soooooo Cody is a way less entertaining jerrrrrrrrrn ceeeeeena but in a suit??? Exactly. He’s just a corny goober vanilla baby face.

The bloodline is the best storyline the wwe has done since the attitude era and the big business, uptick in ratings back that up. Cody will be noooooothing without the chase and babbling about finishing the story. That will grow old and stale real quick. Already looking forward to hhh taking the belt off him real quick. Hopefully at Summerslam….

I like the bloodline, but there is only so much they can do with it while Roman has the belt. They’re going to go into an eternal feud between Rock and Roman, but as long as Roman had the belt, he would be mucked up, because you damn sure don’t want Rock winning the belt. This is the best route they could have gone. And yea they probably will take the belt off of Cody within the year, but that’s the beauty of it. Once Roman loses it, and that streak ends, it won’t be hard for them to switch champs frequently anymore. Hell we may be able to see a title change on Netflix or Fox.

Id like to see LA Night win it at some point as a heel. That would be great.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I like the bloodline, but there is only so much they can do with it while Roman has the belt. They’re going to go into an eternal feud between Rock and Roman, but as long as Roman had the belt, he would be mucked up, because you damn sure don’t want Rock winning the belt. This is the best route they could have gone. And yea they probably will take the belt off of Cody within the year, but that’s the beauty of it. Once Roman loses it, and that streak ends, it won’t be hard for them to switch champs frequently anymore. Hell we may be able to see a title change on Netflix or Fox.

LA Knight is one of the very verrrrrrrry few actual cool baby faces. That is a special gift pandering Cody doesn’t have.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LA Knight is one of the very verrrrrrrry few actual cool baby faces. That is a special gift pandering Cody doesn’t have.

I see LA more as an anti hero than a babyface. Same with Seth and SCSA. Cody, Cena, Hogan, were all pure babyfaces when they weren’t heels. 

• Like 2

Love this weekend.  I'm watching everything lol.  WM, at least parts of Smackdown, watching ROH Supercard of Honor right now.  I want to watch NXT Stand and Deliver too. Want to see if Guilia shows up. 

I will make sure to watch Caitlin Clark vs Paige Bueckers in Final 4 tonight though.  (Not a wrestling match lol) 

Edited by AUBwins

How many Samoans show up in the bloodline rules match?

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

How many Samoans show up in the bloodline rules match?

I don’t think we see Rikishi or The Wild Samoans. I think we know who we have from the bloodline. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think we see Rikishi or The Wild Samoans. I think we know who we have from the bloodline. 

Only wonder about Jacob Fatu that had supposedly signed with WWE after NJPW.

Big signing for WWE. Guilia is legit.  I'm a bit more encouraged with seeing how they have allowed Ricochet to use his Indy skillset. If they let Giulia use her moves, she's exciting, and tough.  But she does a lot of high shoulder related drops.  So we will have to see.  But good to see her on regular TV

Screenshot_20240406_135802_X.jpg

Paul fuggin Heyman last night at his own got dang HOF induction cut the best promo and speech in WWE history!!!!! That was absolutely legendary!!!! He had Orton cracking up the whole time!!! That will be my highlight of the whole weekend!!!! Woooooo!!!!!! 🐐🐐🐐

• Like 1

WHOOP. THAT. TRICK. 

that is all.

On 4/5/2024 at 3:18 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Be tough right now. Still too over. He wouldn’t get heel heat. Sometimes the audience defines the face and he’s an example of it. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 3:08 PM, GwillMac6 said:

He’s white hot over lol. Fans are ready for him to “finish the story.” The building is going to explode if he pulls it of. 
Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one lol. Gotta give the people what they want or they’ll find something else to watch. 

On 4/5/2024 at 3:08 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I get it you pull for the heels lol. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Be tough right now. Still too over. He wouldn’t get heel heat. Sometimes the audience defines the face and he’s an example of it. 

Guys like him are easy to turn. He already has the cocky attitude. Have him cost Cody, Sammy, or Orton a match and the fans will flip quick and he’s good enough to take it from there.

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guys like him are easy to turn. He already has the cocky attitude. Have him cost Cody, Sammy, or Orton a match and the fans will flip quick and he’s good enough to take it from there.

I think he’d still too locked in as an anti-hero for now. And while I love the character I think the upper mid-card is the right place for him. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I think he’d still too locked in as an anti-hero for now. And while I love the character I think the upper mid-card is the right place for him. 

Speaking of bookings, I was just thinking about last night who the upper card is going to be over this next year.

I def think you gotta push Gunther as a heel. Cody, Seth, Roman are obvious. Drew is about to be there. I just don’t think they would have success pushing Jay. He’s way too intertwined with his brother in the tag division. 

Def think Finn and Priest could slide in there. Finn has belonged there. He’s being undercooked severely.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Damian Priest cashes in following Seth/Drew

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Damian Priest cashes in following Seth/Drew

I’m thinking that too

Daw good for R Truth lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

He’s white hot over lol. Fans are ready for him to “finish the story.” The building is going to explode if he pulls it of. 
Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one lol. Gotta give the people what they want or they’ll find something else to watch. 

I get it you pull for the heels lol. 

Hahaha not necessarily all the time!!! It’s all dependent on the wrestler!!! My all time favorite is Daniel Bryan and he’s as white meat baby face as it gets!!! LA Knight is my favorite current wrestler albeit he’s def an anti hero cool face! It all depends brother!

Cody winning will be a big moment and yes of course the fans will pop maaaaaj for it but then what? He’s incredibly over and popular right now because of the chase! Baby faces as you know are way better when chasing than holding the title. 

• Love 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Cody winning will be a big moment and yes of course the fans will pop maaaaaj for it but then what?

Dude it’s rasslin’. They keep booking. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Daw good for R Truth lol. 

I did not expect that. That was a fun match. Glad Judgement Day dropped the titles. Finn and Priest need to be pushed as singles competitors. 

Who wants to bet Dom pins his daddy here. 

If I was Rey I’d be the happiest man on the planet right now. Imagine working multiple Manias with your son.