THE DEMO-GOGUES

Tigermike

THE DEMO-GOGUES

RINO Alert: "Well, usually when you talk about a mandate, you're talking about an overwhelming win. I don't think by any measurement the 2004 election was an overwhelming win. It was very, very close. It came down to Ohio. So I don't think [President Bush] can use the word 'mandate'." -- Sen. Lincoln Chafee

"The American people do not like privatization. They are afraid of the debt the President's willing to do. And they don't like benefit cuts. And everyone here should understand all 45 Senate Democrats are united. We are not going to let this happen." -- Harry Reid

"[bob Dole] was the first Republican leader I worked with, and it is like coming back home." -- Former Minority Leader Tom Daschle on joining the Washington office of law firm Alston & Bird, where former Senator Bob Dole already works

"The message is simple -- you can't trust Republicans with your money. We need to stay strong on that message." -- Howard Dean **In other words, Democrats don't trust YOU with your money!

Sometimes they get it (mostly) right: "Are the priorities new tax cuts that aren't paid for, or new spending that isn't paid for, or is our priority to restore the solvency of the Social Security fund?" -- Sen. Kent Conrad **Well, two good questions out of three from a Demo isn't bad!

http://federalistpatriot.us/pub/05-11_Chronicle.htm

Here's an off topi question...... Has Hilary Clinton or John Kerry brought up a pice of legislation on their own and had it passed?

Yeah, they voted helped pass legislation, but I don't thank they've never came up with a pice of legislation that has been made law.

The telling point in Tiger's post is that a "Liberal Democrat" and a "Conservative Republican" both leave office and end up working for the same people.

Auburn, Kerry wrote a lot of bills that were passed, mostly between 1987 and 1994, when the Democrats had a majority. I looked it up during the election. Of course, none of it was so important that I still remember any of it. It was mostly obscure technical legislation and feel-good 'chowder awareness day' fluff.

Hillary's still in her first term, and the Republicans have been in control for most of that and thus able to kill anything she proposes, so maybe nothing on her.

THE DEMO-GOGUES

"The American people do not like privatization. They are afraid of the debt the President's willing to do. And they don't like benefit cuts. And everyone here should understand all 45 Senate Democrats are united. We are not going to let this happen." -- Harry Reid

http://federalistpatriot.us/pub/05-11_Chronicle.htm

151158[/snapback]

Yet Reid was all for it in 99(Under Clinton) said that he didn't see a problem with diverting a little SS into a private account

Now he' s against it(Under Bush) :poke:

Of course, none of it was so important that I still remember any of it. It was mostly obscure technical legislation and feel-good 'chowder awareness day' fluff.

His best work is on obscure dumping ranges off the East Coast.

In other words, his is a most mediocre back bench career.

Of course, none of it was so important that I still remember any of it. It was mostly obscure technical legislation and feel-good 'chowder awareness day' fluff.

His best work is on obscure dumping ranges off the East Coast.

In other words, his is a most mediocre back bench career.

151237[/snapback]

Heck, is probably praised for just showing up to vote :poke:

Archived