Baseball vs A&M Game 2

7 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

What I don't understand is how is it we had a replay behind home plate on the tag at home but not when Josh Anthony allegedly misses home plate?    Seems a little odd to me.

If you watch the angle they showed, the ump looked directly at Anthony after he missed the plate.  He saw it immediately.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anthony showing a ton of range to his left for the first out,  then on the next batter sprinting to the fence to help his left fielder with the fence on the foul ball.  Made a mistake missing the plate, but his head is in the game.

11 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Umpires did review it.

I'm aware they reviewed it.  That wasn't even remotely what my post was about.  My post was about the replay available to us.  Why wasn't there a replay available to us from behind home plate (like there was for the tag at home earlier?  Had nothing to do with reviewing the play or not.

Just now, WarTiger said:

I'm aware they reviewed it.  That wasn't even remotely what my post was about.  My post was about the replay available to us.  Why wasn't there a replay available to us from behind home plate (like there was for the tag at home earlier?  Had nothing to do with reviewing the play or not.

Sorry, didn't understand it the way you posted.  Anybody ever call you an a**hole?

Great slide, but Venter has got to be smarter there in the future.  Too risky in that situation.  Got away with it though.

Venter singles to left.   Anthony drops a bunt toward 3rd, slow roller, looked like it was going to be a base hit anyway, but the 3rd baseman can't pick it up cleanly and Venter being alert takes off for 3rd and is SAFE (after a review upheld it).   Runners on 1st and 3rd with no out and Wright was hit by a pitch on the hip.   Bases loaded for the Tigers with no outs.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Sorry, didn't understand it the way you posted.  Anybody ever call you an a**hole?

so you totally misunderstand my post but when I explain it to you I'm the a**hole?   WOW.  OK. 

I'll just say, Belle was right, it's a beautiful thing when guys are encouraged and allowed to play loose rather than brow beat and play locked up.  Pretty sure those guys would have never recovered from that misstep at the plate by Anthony under Thompson's predecessor.

Will Holland hits'one on the screws to the CF, Brett Wright with the heads up and aggressive base running tags and advances to second.  Runners at first and third with one out.  A&M goes to the pen.  Tigers trying to add to the 5-4 lead.

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Estes with a heroic at bat...nice fight little guy.

What did he do? get a hit? get hit? strike out on 15 pitches? I like the "great at bat' part but what happened? Some of us don't have a look at it.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

What did he do? get a hit? get hit? strike out on 15 pitches? I like the "great at bat' part but what happened? Some of us don't have a look at it.

Two strike base hit to drive in two.  

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

behind in the count...two runners on, singled to left off the aggies top reliever and drove in the go ahead run....

Archived