Trump is not invited to McCain's funeral

AUDub

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re killin’ me smalls

I need to see that movie again. Wendy Peffercorn made me the man I am today.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'm messing up the forum. I apologize. 

Wendy Peffercorn... Michael "Squints" Palledorous, a true American hero and real man of genius. 

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

She knows exactly what she's doing.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wendy Peffercorn... Michael "Squints" Palledorous, a true American hero and real man of genius. 

lotioning...oiling...oiling...lotioning...

Speaking of bad buisness decisions, I wonder if Blockbuster regrets not purchasing Netflix?

Well, it must be good.  My library had a copy, but it was checked out and not returned (due 5-25-17).  Guess I'll try to talk them into replacing it.  Good cast.

But it only got 43% on Rotten Tomatoes :no:

5 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Real Man of Genius....

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, it must be good.  My library had a copy, but it was checked out and not returned (due 5-25-17).  Guess I'll try to talk them into replacing it.  Good cast.

But it only got 43% on Rotten Tomatoes :no:

It’s a cult classic. Calling it high minded would be a mistake, but it is funny as hell in the same vein as Billy Madison.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:47 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

The media portrays him in a different light than he is in person. It’s not about him clearing misconceptions, rather it’s about people exercising hesitancy before forming opinions about people they don’t know. Or at least admitting that there’s an inherent “margin or error” so to speak. I haven’t sat down and shared a meal with Trump but the person I know has, and more than once (he actually knows the man). He wasn’t a Trump guy in regards to politics, but he said Trump is pretty smart and hilarious in person. Completely different than the media would have you think. 

I had lunch with Cam over Christmas. I think he’s portrayed poorly in public spotlight.

Also a Fox News analyst (don’t wanna say who) is coming along for a vacation this summer with the people I’m going with. Has been portrayed in an entirely different light in media vs in person. 

Plenty of examples. Trump no exception. Hell, neither is Hillary, from what I’ve been told.

When I moved to NYC. I started out Cater-Waitering and then as a Catering Captain.  We worked two of his parties that he engaged us to cater, and was a boor at both parties, a loud mouthed braggart, then had the audacity, after they ate and drank EVERYTHING, to look us in the eye and tell us that what we served was "Sh&t" and that he would not pay the bill.  He called the police on us and threatened to sue us, just because we asked him for the payment, and reminded him that the food and drink were good enough that he and his party had more than their fill.

The man is an ass. He is a crook.  And I don't need the media to tell me that.

5 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

When I moved to NYC. I started out Cater-Waitering and then as a Catering Captain.  We worked two of his parties that he engaged us to cater, and was a boor at both parties, a loud mouthed braggart, then had the audacity, after they ate and drank EVERYTHING, to look us in the eye and tell us that what we served was "Sh&t" and that he would not pay the bill.  He called the police on us and threatened to sue us, just because we asked him for the payment, and reminded him that the food and drink were good enough that he and his party had more than their fill.

Ouch. 

That would drive me up a ******* wall.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Ouch. 

That would drive me up a ******* wall.

Both set me back a good bit.  At that time, the early 90's, I made $25 per hour of waitering, and $30 per hour as a Captain.  They were both good paychecks because our President was such a pain in the ass stickler about "How it looked."  Never have I received a penny from either of those jobs.

People don't get that this was small time.  He has done it large scale for years.  You can say all you want that he isn't what the "Media" makes him out to be.  No, from first hand, he is much worse.

1 hour ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

What did the police do?

1 hour ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

I hear different from the person I know, who knows him. But if you feel that way, I’m glad it’s not just becuase the media or an article title said so.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:47 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

The media portrays him in a different light than he is in person. It’s not about him clearing misconceptions, rather it’s about people exercising hesitancy before forming opinions about people they don’t know. Or at least admitting that there’s an inherent “margin or error” so to speak. I haven’t sat down and shared a meal with Trump but the person I know has, and more than once (he actually knows the man). He wasn’t a Trump guy in regards to politics, but he said Trump is pretty smart and hilarious in person. Completely different than the media would have you think. 

I had lunch with Cam over Christmas. I think he’s portrayed poorly in public spotlight.

Also a Fox News analyst (don’t wanna say who) is coming along for a vacation this summer with the people I’m going with. Has been portrayed in an entirely different light in media vs in person. 

Plenty of examples. Trump no exception. Hell, neither is Hillary, from what I’ve been told.

I have a relative that does know Hillary from before they entered the White House. Different painting of her cause she was a woman trying to enter an arena most men didn't believe women needed to be in. She wasn't going to be the traditional First Lady.

Course there are many people that sat for dinner with Hitler at the Eagles Nest and will tell you he was charming, funny, loved animals, children, and was a stern believer in marriage vows. I don't expect people to really change their view of Hitler, despite those facts being true.

These people enter the limelight, they know what they are doing and what it involves. If we are going to really take any measures to view others without tinted glasses then it should start right here with this board. Plenty of judging of individuals and their lives based off small disagreements (yes, many of them are small).

18 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Both set me back a good bit.  At that time, the early 90's, I made $25 per hour of waitering, and $30 per hour as a Captain.  They were both good paychecks because our President was such a pain in the ass stickler about "How it looked."  Never have I received a penny from either of those jobs.

People don't get that this was small time.  He has done it large scale for years.  You can say all you want that he isn't what the "Media" makes him out to be.  No, from first hand, he is much worse.

Or, from first hand, he’s much better. 

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I have a relative that does know Hillary from before they entered the White House. Different painting of her cause she was a woman trying to enter an arena most men didn't believe women needed to be in. She wasn't going to be the traditional First Lady.

Course there are many people that sat for dinner with Hitler at the Eagles Nest and will tell you he was charming, funny, loved animals, children, and was a stern believer in marriage vows. I don't expect people to really change their view of Hitler, despite those facts being true.

These people enter the limelight, they know what they are doing and what it involves. If we are going to really take any measures to view others without tinted glasses then it should start right here with this board. Plenty of judging of individuals and their lives based off small disagreements (yes, many of them are small).

Well, Hitler was a mass murderer, soooo

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Well, Hitler was a mass murderer, soooo

Sooooooo, still can place people at the dinner table with him that would tell you he is portrayed differently than he is in the media/history. In fact the movie Downfall, which was based off his secretaries writings in the final days of the bunker, was very very controversial because it showed the human side to him. Something that had not been done before.

Interestingly enough, Hitler actually just wanted to expel the Jews originally. You can thank the "Spitfire" for destroying that plan. Himmler and Heydrich many historians will say are the two main culprits when it came to beginning the exterminations. Hitler did sign off, but was not at the meeting (or involved in the planning) that formulated the move from political figures to everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Sooooooo, still can place people at the dinner table with him that would tell you he is portrayed differently than he is in the media/history. In fact the movie Downfall, which was based off his secretaries writings in the final days of the bunker, was very very controversial because it showed the human side to him. Something that had not been done before.

Interestingly enough, Hitler actually just wanted to expel the Jews originally. You can thank the "Spitfire" for destroying that plan. Himmler and Heydrich many historians will say are the two main culprits when it came to beginning the exterminations. Hitler did sign off, but was not at the meeting (or involved in the planning) that formulated the move from political figures to everyone. 

Cool history lesson. Learn something new every day!

13 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Cool history lesson. Learn something new every day!

If ever bored check out the series on Netflix. Hitlers Men of Evil or something. It is like 9 parts and discusses Goebbles, Heydrich, Himler, Goring, Hitlers top men and how cut throat they were with each other to try and earn his favor. Talk about dog eat dog and all others be damned.

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

If ever bored check out the series on Netflix. Hitlers Men of Evil or something. It is like 9 parts and discusses Goebbles, Heydrich, Himler, Goring, Hitlers top men and how cut throat they were with each other to try and earn his favor. Talk about dog eat dog and all others be damned.

Shirer's "Rise and Fall" works well.

9 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Thanks going to check that out.............did see something once on how much medication his(Hitler's) doctor give him.......WOW.

Archived