Bama Fans,,,,,,,,

Tigermike

Give us your take on Bama's A-Day game. How did they look? Strengths? Weaknesses? Who looked good? Who didn't? Who will make a move for playing time?

OK - Aubies - DO NOT

take this as another thread to bash Bama. There are plenty of those anyway! :big:

Looked excellent - John Parker Wilson and Brodie Croyle. Also surprising was how well Nick Walker looked at TE.

Our strengths are: WR, DE, LB, and the deepest secondary ive seen at bama since early 90s.

Offensive line held their own...which was shocking.

Due to injuries, RB position was an obvious no show. Castille and Darby were out and LeRon is still used sparingly in practice. We had a bunch of walkons out there playing RB.

Our kicking game is abysmal.

I know we make fun of Bama and all, but you HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ABOUT THIS ONE:

Wilson was named the game's most outstanding player award as he completed 14 of 31 passes for 168 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.

I know it's not good to make fun of players and to especially encourage the new guys but...

if that's outstanding... maybe I am wrong about Alabama football

I know we make fun of Bama and all, but you HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ABOUT THIS ONE:
Wilson was named the game's most outstanding player award as he completed 14 of 31 passes for 168 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.

I know it's not good to make fun of players and to especially encourage the new guys but...

if that's outstanding... maybe I am wrong about Alabama football

151932[/snapback]

You have to understand, A Day/practice games are different. They have him doing certain plays/things just to get used to them. Not exactly "what is best for that situation". They also ran a bunch of stuff that the defense knew was coming. Its just a practice, so they can get away with it.

Plus JPW led the 1st teamers for half the day and the second teamers the other half.

who cares about  :ua: ?????????????????????? they are good in basketball but not  :football:

151974[/snapback]

not to the people in Wisconsin

Flipping channels, saw both sides of the ball wearing 'Bama colors, almost threw up, changed the channel as quickly as I could. Kind of like flipping channels by HBO, with a horror movie on and seeing a head explode, pretty hard to get the disgusting picture out of your mind for awhile....

If any UA fan could tell me, I would appreciate a report on how Eric Gray performed during the A-Day game. He is a defensive back that played for West Morgan in Trinity, the same high school my daughters attended. I was able to follow him a little last year, when he played almost exclusively on special teams. Did he get much action Saturday? If so, did any of you notice how he did? Thanks.

... Offensive line held their own...which was shocking.  ...

151924[/snapback]

Actually, ... it's not so shocking. The way the uat OL has been consistently holding the last couple of years and getting away with it, I'm not surprised they were "holding their own" in their spring game. Par for the course. :big::lol: WDE :au:

If any UA fan could tell me, I would appreciate a report on how Eric Gray performed during the A-Day game.  He is a defensive back that played for West Morgan in Trinity, the same high school my daughters attended.  I was able to follow him a little last year, when he played almost exclusively on special teams.  Did he get much action Saturday?  If so, did any of you notice how he did?  Thanks.

152041[/snapback]

Eric didnt play in the ADay game due to a minor injury (hammy pull i think). But he had an awesome spring, and has solidified a spot in the rotation at 2 deep.

Archived