** Nip Watch 2018 ** Called-8/22 2215

WarTim

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

...it felt different today...could tomorrow be THE day? The anticipation is killing me!

WarTim, just so you know, there's a group of Auburn High students who are planning on having a party when you declare the Nip! I think that is pretty cool.

Haha!! Very cool. Please give me a post party report and give ‘em a huge WDE for me!!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean Auburn High School kicks off in 2 days!!!! Football is upon us!! I can taste the burgers!! I can feel Sunday hangover!!  My voice is ready to curse every snap like I know coaching better than Gus!!! Pay me $7 million and I can lose to LSU!!!!! I'm ready!!!

Sitting out under the stars tonight with my lovely Bride drinking coffee and enjoying a c-o-o-l. breeze. Current temp is 67 (forecast low of 64 overnight) with a quite obvious lower humidity than recent days. Mowed the lawn this afternoon and noticed that “different” scent of late season clippings. Could hear the rumblings of HS marching band practice echoing  “Eye of the Tiger”...(Our HS mascot is Tiger as well). Some years it is a real stretch to make THE call.....not this year. ............The Nip was declared @ 10:15 pm CST on this day of our Lord 8-22-2018. (Per protocol, my brother David and best friend Jeff have been notified)  ?? The Auburn Tigers are in preparation for Our Season Opener. The 2018 Season is upon us. God is in His heaven...and all is right with the College Football World!! Rejoice my Brothers and Sisters ...Rejoice!!! War Eagle and bring on the Huskies!!! ??

6 hours ago, WarTim said:

Sitting out under the stars tonight with my lovely Bride drinking coffee and enjoying a c-o-o-l. breeze. Current temp is 67 (forecast low of 64 overnight) with a quite obvious lower humidity than recent days. Mowed the lawn this afternoon and noticed that “different” scent of late season clippings. Could hear the rumblings of HS marching band practice echoing  “Eye of the Tiger”...(Our HS mascot is Tiger as well). Some years it is a real stretch to make THE call.....not this year. ............The Nip was declared @ 10:15 pm CST on this day of our Lord 8-22-2018. (Per protocol, my brother David and best friend Jeff have been notified)  ?? The Auburn Tigers are in preparation for Our Season Opener. The 2018 Season is upon us. God is in His heaven...and all is right with the College Football World!! Rejoice my Brothers and Sisters ...Rejoice!!! War Eagle and bring on the Huskies!!! ??

It hit the upper 50s in NC last night. It has arrived, indeed!

8 hours ago, WarTim said:

Most excellent!

62 this morning...cool breeze and low humidity....feels like October out there this morning.....and projected for the next few days.   NIP is pretty much here...even if only temporarily :)

NIP is here for me folks. Went to the gym this morning and it was a crisp 60 or so degrees outside. Fall is peaking around the corner here in the south and while we still have hot days ahead fall is coming and no denying it now. We are 9 days until kickoff and the yearly belief that my AU tigers will conquer the world is taking hold! My god help the Washington Huskies cause the tigers are coming with revenge and redemption is coming with them. Time to shake off the bad vibes from last years sputtering end and get back to kicking butt!

When I woke up and walked outside early this morning I knew that this would be the day I read that The Nip was called!

So question for all of you salty old nip watchers. I'm in Delaware for business today and I noticed a definite nip. 64 degrees this morning. Does that count as an official nip start or do I have to wait until the nip hits Auburn, AL? I need an official ruling in a timely manner. This is important.

3 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

When I woke up and walked outside early this morning I knew that this would be the day I read that The Nip was called!

Same here Civ, the oppressive humidity along the coast vanished and the sea breeze felt fall like. A son called from Auburn and said beautiful morning on the Plains. Great call by @WarTim 

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So question for all of you salty old nip watchers. I'm in Delaware for business today and I noticed a definite nip. 64 degrees this morning. Does that count as an official nip start or do I have to wait until the nip hits Auburn, AL? I need an official ruling in a timely manner. This is important.

@WarTim has declared it, so it's declared. For all, in all, and through all.

3 hours ago, stoic-one said:

Woohoo!

tbyQJXC.jpg

Like an old shoe.

More familiar than novel, but 

comforting.

Nip....Nip....Nip....Nip....Nip.  It is the season of light!!!  War Eagle and ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD!!!

nothing better than a huge bowl of TURNIP greens and a plate full of cornbread at Cracker Barrel!

Archived