Movies

AUBwins

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SORRY. CARD GAME MOVIES!!!! I will file it away under that umbrella!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Appreciate the pro tip.

:cheers:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

erwrew.jpg

I need to see Molly's Game. Sometimes I'm able to stop thinking about how in love with Jessica Chastain I am to appreciate what a good actress she is. And Sorkin is a genius. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'll have to check out Molly's Game but I could have sworn 21 was a black jack movie.

Best card game movie ever was "The Cincinnate Kid" look at the main cast...........plus anything with Tuesday Weld my oh my

Steve McQueen Steve McQueen ... The Cincinnati Kid
Ann-Margret Ann-Margret ... Melba
Karl Malden Karl Malden ... Shooter
Tuesday Weld Tuesday Weld ... Christian
Edward G. Robinson Edward G. Robinson ... Lancey Howard
Joan Blondell Joan Blondell ... Lady Fingers
Rip Torn Rip Torn ... Slade
Jack Weston Jack Weston ... Pig
Cab Calloway Cab Calloway ... Yeller

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Are there any others? Also it's one of the best movies ever regardless of genre.

Image result for shade movie

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Best card game movie ever was "The Cincinnate Kid" look at the main cast...........plus anything with Tuesday Weld my oh my

Holy crap! I'll be looking for this.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I'll watch just to see Cab Calloway.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sorry if the last 2 pages doesn't make sense. We had gotten on a card movie tangent in the Broderick Jones thread & I moved the posts over here.

Now somebody who doesn't follow recruiting is going to wonder what a Broderick Jones is. lol

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, alexava said:

Always been a Tombstone fan ( like most). But I just watched Wyatt Earp , Kevin Costner movie this week for the first time ever. This is pretty good too. Probably more aligned with the real truth historically. 

Did it include the boxing match he allegedly rigged?

Very pleased that Parasite won best picture. Finally saw it Saturday night and it was, indeed, the best movie of the bunch. But it was a good crop this year. Best year in a long time. Good nominees, great winner. 

• 1 month later...

Watched this earlier. Super solid. Reminded me a lot of Cube. Definitely some social commentary going on. Netflix version is default dubbed in English. After the watching the trailer, I wish I had watched it with original voices with subtitles. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Watched this earlier. Super solid. Reminded me a lot of Cube. Definitely some social commentary going on. Netflix version is default dubbed in English. After the watching the trailer, I wish I had watched it with original voices with subtitles. 

Good concept have to check it out

On 3/24/2020 at 6:56 PM, augolf1716 said:

OK I have Prime and Netflix but I just signed on for Hulu to check it out. I need some input on some movies if any.

I've got Prime and Netflix but not Hulu, so I'm not sure what Hulu has that the others don't.

Rented Bombshell on Prime last night. It was good. All the leads did a great job. The makeup was amazing. 

Margot Robbie might be the most perfect woman to have ever walked this earth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I've got Prime and Netflix but not Hulu, so I'm not sure what Hulu has that the others don't.

Rented Bombshell on Prime last night. It was good. All the leads did a great job. The makeup was amazing. 

So far not to impressed with Hulu maybe I'm missing something

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

FWIW, we're getting close to cutting the cord and planning to go with Prime, Netflix & YouTube TV.  My understanding is that YT has the best Sports support and one of the best DVR situations.  Prime & NF for movies + the added benefits of a HUGE streaming music catalog & free shipping w/ Prime.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I've always thought of it more as a way to get network shows and maybe some sports (???) but I really don't know. 

I signed up for a free trial trying to get a soccer game but the UI made no sense to me and I cancelled immediately. Disney, Netflix, HBO, Prime... we've got way too much crap already. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

FWIW, we're getting close to cutting the cord and planning to go with Prime, Netflix & YouTube TV.  My understanding is that YT has the best Sports support and one of the best DVR situations.  Prime & NF for movies + the added benefits of a HUGE streaming music catalog & free shipping w/ Prime.  

Alexa handles almost all our music streaming at the house now. I feel guilty but it's just so freaking easy. It helps that you can use it to stream radio stations, news, etc. I do build playlists for the beach, the kids' bday parties, road trips, etc, but again, that's incredibly easy to do with Amazon, and it's completely portable between devices. You can download or stream. Easy easy easy. I don't miss Apple *at all*. 

Looking forward to your review of YT's sports content. Hopefully by fall! I currently have a solution that... well... let's just say I get what I pay for. So I might be ready to upgrade at some point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've always thought of it more as a way to get network shows and maybe some sports (???) but I really don't know. 

I signed up for a free trial trying to get a soccer game but the UI made no sense to me and I cancelled immediately. Disney, Netflix, HBO, Prime... we've got way too much crap already. 

My wife and I are huge fans of Life Below Zero on National Geographic channel. We want to watch seasons 1 thru 9. We've seen 10-12. We can watch it on Netflix but have to pay a rental I was hoping maybe to get it on Hulu w/o the rental but it also has a charge at least to my knowlege like I said maybe I'm missing on how I'm doing my search on 

21 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah the music on Prime is a big plus

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

My wife and I are huge fans of Life Below Zero on National Geographic channel. We want to watch seasons 1 thru 9. We've seen 10-12. We can watch it on Netflix but have to pay a rental I was hoping maybe to get it on Hulu w/o the rental but it also has a charge at least to my knowlege like I said maybe I'm missing on how I'm doing my search on 

Looks like you can get NatGeo through Disney+, which might be included with your Hulu, not sure.

https://www.disneyplus.com/?cid=DTCI-Synergy-NatGeoTV-Site-Acquisition-PreSales-US-DisneyPlus-NA-EN-PromoModule-bottomofpg_slimbanner_PreOrderNowCTA-NA

I can double  check Disney+ tonight. 

EDIT: Yeah, you can definitely stream it via Disney+.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, McLoofus said:

Agree with this, she goes in that category for me along with Charlize Theron.

• Like 1