***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

I wouldn't give up on your interior oline yet. Media has been overselling the impact of Vita Veas loss. He had freaky speed in the middle and better at finishing plays but our current starters have always gotten more consistent presure. No one mentions how Vita was Greg Gaines backup in 2016.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MylesJBryant said:

I wouldn't give up on your interior oline yet. Media has been overselling the impact of Vita Veas loss. He had freaky speed in the middle and better at finishing plays but our current starters have always gotten more consistent presure. No one mentions how Vita was Greg Gaines backup in 2016.

I appreciate that you've hung around after the game.  

2 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

Thanks for the Quality loss. I'll be back here raging if you lose the SEC.

Bow Down Bitches.

I like this guy, can we keep him, mods?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

He said he was 100 percent accurate. So, he was practically predicting they would lose with all 5 of their Derwin James caliber DBs? 

giphy.gif

Kept my prediction in the prediction thread. Was spot on.

Maybe I was wrong about the Derwin James comparison, They are more of the Earl Thomas types. Either way you should be feeling good about beating them.

2 minutes ago, MylesJBryant said:

Kept my prediction in the prediction thread. Was spot on.

Maybe I was wrong about the Derwin James comparison, They are more of the Earl Thomas types. Either way you should be feeling good about beating them.

Oh trust we do. I have no doubt Washington will win the pac 12. USC looked alright today . The true freshman made some plays but I don’t know who will stand in y’all way . I am not sold on Oregon even though they had a solid game.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

UGA schedule is absolutely pathetic and I can’t believe a single speaking head is talking about it. I also can’t see them getting challenged in the SEC-East. UTenn is physical , but they just don’t have the talent. Same thing with USCe. Hopefully LSU and UF does something...

its actually laughable how long its taken UGA to contend in the East...they essentially had to wait until USC, UF and Missouri completely died out to contend

Just now, AUDub said:

I like this guy, can we keep him, mods?

Wait. Hold up. He actually said that? 

I’m not one to wax “literally”, but I literally choked on my nicotine gum(trying to quit has been a bitch) and spit it out on the bathroom floor. 

4 minutes ago, MylesJBryant said:

Need to stick around to drop our post loss meltdown podcast. After a decade of misery we have gotten pretty good at them.

I like your coach. He reminds me of Lee Russell, whomst is one of my favorite tv characters of all time. 

GsKVWSR.jpg

25 minutes ago, MylesJBryant said:

As bird said, many kudos. It’s like hogs from arky, it’s nice to have an opposing fan that can be objective. You’re always welcome here

29 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Wait. Hold up. He actually said that? 

I’m not one to wax “literally”, but I literally choked on my nicotine gum(trying to quit has been a bitch) and spit it out on the bathroom floor. 

It gets easier. But I'm a fan of the cold turkey method. After slowly weaning off them. 

Signed,

Former two packs a day guy, current can't even stand the smell guy

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

For some of this board the glass is half full

For others of this board the glass is half empty 

I am trying a new attitude compared to years in the past, I am happy with the win, good, bad or ugly, War Eagle.

Good approach to have. I used to be more of a half empty kind of guy in just about anything. I met my wife and through her example she taught me not to worry so much whether the glass is half empty or half full. Be grateful for the glass itself. It will be full sometimes and empty at others but that's okay. It's just great being an Auburn Tiger, period. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It gets easier. But I'm a fan of the cold turkey method. After slowly weaning off them. 

Signed,

Former two packs a day guy, current can't even stand the smell guy

I just can’t do the cold turkey. Been smoking for about 15 years(yeeuch). But I’m hitting 34 this year. It’s time to kick it. 

I don’t have an addictive mentality, but GD a cig really feels good...many times a day. 

8 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Am I the only one that didn’t mind Gus going for two either time?

So, I kind of love that we went for it twice and when we went for it on 4th and 1 (which worked if I recall correctly). 

Disclaimer: I love when we play gutsy. 

Disclaimer 2: I have zero coaching experience. 

10 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I was reading the UW page and I can’t believe how many of them are blaming browning for the loss.... especially after those two beautiful TD passes he threw 

I saw the same. Browning is a stud competitor and tough as nails. I’m glad we dont face him again. Sports fans are ridiculous now, including us. 

Probably not but you're in the minority. Since the second time was dictated by the first then no on the second one. The first one was just pointless (no pun intended). Big game, big stage and you ARE a big-time program. I see why the second tier teams do that but you have to kick the extra point in that situation if you're Auburn playing Washington. Opening drive, you got what you wanted and there is no sense giving them a hint of momentum there. 

9 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I like Chandler Cox but if we never hand  the ball off to him again (much less ask him to pass) I’ll be extremely happy.

He, like the other backs, were having a hard time finding a hole to run through.  The UW Dline was very good and our OLine still has a ways to go.  I'm OK with him getting the ball occasionally in short yardage situations. 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

He, like the other backs, were having a hard time finding a hole to run through.  The UW Dline was very good and our OLine still has a ways to go.  I'm OK with him getting the ball occasionally in short yardage situations. 

And definitely keep throwing to him. Clutch receptions in several situations yesterday. 

No.  I liked the aggressiveness and surprise element but the play call on the first one made no sense.  You have one blocker in the middle where the defense is and you run up the middle.  The second TPC was because the first one failed.  Knowing Gus, I'll be surprised to see it again. 

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm not seeing the love for Whitlow.

8 for 28yds and 1 of those was his 10yd TD.  That leave 7 for 18yds. That's 2.5 ypc. I enjoyed the toughness he showed on his TD run, but the other 7 left me wanting substantially more.

I thought Worm looked really good in his 1 run. Planted his foot in the dirt, got up field with a quickness and finished his run with authority. I'm not sure how his blocking looks, but I look forward to seeing more of him.

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Probably not but you're in the minority. Since the second time was dictated by the first then no on the second one. The first one was just pointless (no pun intended). Big game, big stage and you ARE a big-time program. I see why the second tier teams do that but you have to kick the extra point in that situation if you're Auburn playing Washington. Opening drive, you got what you wanted and there is no sense giving them a hint of momentum there. 

Gus just responding to Peterson's rep for trick plays and tried to get the jump on him....backfired...and a good lesson about sticking to the plan of doing what you do best.....JMO

Btw, I loved the fake kneel/Woody play. If Ryan was a little more patient, I think he gets a lot further or even House Call. 

Archived