And white guys can't jump,

all Blacks are good at sports,

all British have bad teeth,

Girls aren't good at sports, and

All Asians are good at math...amirite

Lol you know what you mean

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sheneker (sp) wide open right flat

corch said “pop pass” which typically means over the middle. Willis was under immediate duress with only one blocker, so not shocking he didn’t look anywhere else except a place to run. 

I don’t blame Gus for this poor decision. This was on Willis for not recognizing solid coverage.

The 2nd attempt was all on Gus. You have a potential AA and likely 1st Round QB and you have your FB throw a pass. As soon as I saw Cox lined up, I saw 2 points going the other way, which would have put UW behind by 3. And it almost materialized with the UW DB nearly picking it off. A near-disaster.  

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Another note as to why our offense struggled. They were keeping DEEP safeties.

Our longest run was only 19 yards and our longest pass was only 24.

They were mixing up their coverages a lot.  Cover 2 mostly but mixed between cover 2 man and cover 2 zone.  They also ran some cover 1 in some run down situations.  

When they were showing cover 2 man we were going screen to Davis.  Great call.  Also in same coverage we were going deep corner but protection wasn’t holding lomg enough so check down on the deep flat to Cox.  

When the went cover 2 zone we went to the slant.  Gotta make some safeties miss on those.  

Overall a good game plan but lack of execution and Stidham slow reading the coverage hurt us a little.  

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, Tiger said:

What a win!!! Defense is nasty. Boobz is our tough runner. OL needs to improve. 

One of the Washington defenders took a booby head on at the goal line and lost?

20 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

No I think you do. Where is an opening to throw?

The play starts at 10: 46. Take a look at the 10:48 mark. The QB takes a half step towards the line, that causes the DB to leave #47, the nearest Wash. defender is still 4 yards from the QB. #47 clears and is wide open in the EZ. One step, read the DB, pull up, pass to #47, 2 pts.

6 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

New rule this season. You can fair catch a KO inside the 20 and still get it at the 25. Trying to cut down on full speed collisions. 

He was probably told to do it. 

Yeah I saw them bring ball up to 25. I was not aware of that rule change. Thanks for clarification 

One only slightly related comment but many Udub and media people characterized this game as an AU home game and it pretty much sounded that way.

JMO but Huskie fans might want to do a self analysis over their failure to support their team by not attending that game.    They had plenty of access to tickets beyond the number that came with their package. 

I'm watching LSU and Miami and half the crowd in Texas are Miami fans......which is about the same trip as Seattle would have been. 

I understand the game was not sold out so the balance of fan support could have been different if Huskie fans had backed their team to the extent that a #6 team deserved.  Shame on 'em...

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

One only slightly related comment but many Udub and media people characterized this game as an AU home game and it pretty much sounded that way.

JMO but Huskie fans might want to do a self analysis over their failure to support their team by not attending that game.    They had plenty of access to tickets beyond the number that came with their package. 

I'm watching LSU and Miami and half the crowd in Texas are Miami fans......which is about the same trip as Seattle would have been. 

I understand the game was not sold out so the balance of fan support could have been different if Huskie fans had backed their team to the extent that a #6 team deserved.  Shame on 'em...

There's a huge difference in driving and flying to a game cost wise as you know and you know that played a big part in attendance support. I know I couldn't fly across country to watch Auburn play with the cost of airfare and tickets. Perception is not reality. How many Auburn fans would be in attendance in Seattle or nearby. I just don't have the funds to do what I want. I barely have funds to do what I am obligated to do. I will give the Washington fans a break on attendance. 

I was sitting on the Washington side and was impressed with how many fans/how loud they were for this game. More attended than I expected. 

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I understand the game was not sold out so the balance of fan support could have been different if Huskie fans had backed their team to the extent that a #6 team deserved.  Shame on 'em…

Besides the costs of flying across the country, this is also the nicest time of the year to be in the Seattle area weather-wise.  There's only a few months of consistent warmth and sunshine.  Those come to an end very soon up there, so most folks take advantage by getting out and enjoying the natural beauty of the area.  No offense, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go to hot and sticky Atlanta over 75 and sunny Seattle, which also happens to be surrounded by some of the most beautiful natural landscapes in the country.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Besides the costs of flying across the country, this is also the nicest time of the year to be in the Seattle area weather-wise.  There's only a few months of consistent warmth and sunshine.  Those come to an end very soon up there, so most folks take advantage by getting out and enjoying the natural beauty of the area.  No offense, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go to hot and sticky Atlanta over 75 and sunny Seattle, which also happens to be surrounded by some of the most beautiful natural landscapes in the country.

Me neither but that is what football fans do......and all huskie fans don't live in Seattle....just saying that they have a team that has playoff capability and should have had more fan support....though I think it was my friend Dag who said recently that fan support is over-rated.   

PS...besides if you shop for air tickets it probably costs less for a RT ticket than a couple nights in a reasonable motel / hotel along the way or in Atlanta...  

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Me neither but that is what football fans do......and all huskie fans don't live in Seattle....just saying that they have a team that has playoff capability and should have had more fan support....though I think it was my friend Dag who said recently that fan support is over-rated.   

PS...besides if you shop for air tickets it probably costs less for a RT ticket than a couple nights in a reasonable motel / hotel along the way or in Atlanta...  

It’s a nice luxury to have but if you are going to be a playoff team , you better be able to play and win in the most hostile environments 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It’s a nice luxury to have but if you are going to be a playoff team , you better be able to play and win in the most hostile environments 

That too.....AU probably the best team Udub will see all year.....which should be helpful to them....expect they learned as much from us as we did from them. 

1 hour ago, bmartin3228 said:

Sorry this is lazy , I was at game going to rewatch tonight but when was Shivers run on this video ? 

I'm not sure, sorry

I never understand taking our QB off the field to run a play...much less run the PAT play.  When you put folks on the field that haven't had enough reps to take their time and run a play; it's stupid coaching.  We have a very good QB...well above average...maybe even great....why take the ball out of his hands?

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Round trip to Seattle this time of year is about $350 or more per ticket easily.  It's high season.  I fly there all the time and prices spike in the summer.  Think my ticket when I flew there two weeks ago for work was about $420 and I booked 5 weeks in advance.  Two nights in a good hotel in Atlanta can be done for $250-$300 total easily.  Hotwire.com is a beautiful thing for that.

But, add all that up plus the cost of food, transport in Atlanta, and a game ticket, and you're looking at a $1,000 weekend minimum per person for the folks from Seattle.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Round trip to Seattle this time of year is about $350 or more per ticket easily.  It's high season.  I fly there all the time and prices spike in the summer.  Think my ticket when I flew there two weeks ago for work was about $420 and I booked 5 weeks in advance.  Two nights in a good hotel in Atlanta can be done for $250-$300 total easily.  Hotwire.com is a beautiful thing for that.

Last year I paid $250+ per night for two nights...and didn't even get a continental breakfast …..at the Auburn hotel....nice of them to rip off AU alum returning for a game....:)

Just now, AU64 said:

Last year I paid $250+ per night for two nights...and didn't even get a continental breakfast …..at the Auburn hotel....nice of them to rip off AU alum returning for a game....:)

It's supply and demand.  Plus, there are significantly fewer hotel rooms in Auburn than there are in Atlanta.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

It's supply and demand.  Plus, there are significantly fewer hotel rooms in Auburn than there are in Atlanta.

I understand....but my weekend at AU for a non conference game was about $1000 for me and wife....which is why we go maybe once per year....live 6 hours away by car. 

We met a nice couple from Dothan I think....were at the game and had two rooms...one for the adults and one for the kids and they had season tickets.   People who love a school and have the money will spend amazing amounts to support a team. 

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

corch said “pop pass” which typically means over the middle. Willis was under immediate duress with only one blocker, so not shocking he didn’t look anywhere else except a place to run. 

I don’t blame Gus for this poor decision. This was on Willis for not recognizing solid coverage.

The 2nd attempt was all on Gus. You have a potential AA and likely 1st Round QB and you have your FB throw a pass. As soon as I saw Cox lined up, I saw 2 points going the other way, which would have put UW behind by 3. And it almost materialized with the UW DB nearly picking it off. A near-disaster.  

Pop pass means take the snap stand up throw it

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sheneker (sp) wide open right flat

True, but he was covered at the snap.  As he was breaking open, Willis had already planted his right foot, and had his head turned up field towards the Washington team picture who were all waving at him to welcome him into their arms.  Not sure what they worked on in practice, but it was botched.  Bigger issue, should never have been called in the first place.  You ALREADY had momentum, this was a chance to lose it or add to it in a very miniscule amount.

Archived