Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I can only assume that - as a law student - you are a lot more proficient in discerning rhetorical nuance than exhibited here on a regular basis.  Are you just being careless or is it a deliberate attempt to obfuscate? 

You made an incorrect statement. It doesn’t have anything to do with me being a law student. Hell, a damn janitor could point it out LOL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

You made an incorrect statement. It doesn’t have anything to do with me being a law student. Hell, a damn janitor could point it out LOL

I've made a lot of statements.  Which one are you talking about?

12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

“Therapists don’t personalize their notes.” Misleading statement.

You said: The same notes that don't mention Kavanaugh? which implies the lack of such notes is significant.

I responded: "Therapists don't personalize their notes as a matter of practice."  which is literally accurate. In fact, therapists don't normally take notes at all. 

You deliberately left off the qualifier that makes it accurate. That was a deliberate misrepresentation.  It's dishonest weaseling and you should be ashamed for it.

This is why I do not enjoy "debating" with you.   I spend more time correcting your misrepresentations than I do on the actual subject.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Actually, they tend to practice brevity and keep it nice and concise when taking notes for that reason. Therapists, marriage counselors and the like aren’t stupid. Anything that goes in the medical record can be subpoenaed.

Actually, rules of ethics require disclosure of confidentiality in matters of sexual assault for many instances, irrespective of the nature of the relationship. If the name was said in that context it likely should’ve been written down.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Actually, rules of ethics require disclosure of confidentiality in matters of sexual assault for many instances, irrespective of the nature of the relationship. If the name was said in that context it likely should’ve been written down.

I'm familiar with them. You'd really be stretching those ethical rules to find any sort of violation here. 

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

For those unfamiliar, CRC was the "Swift Boat" firm. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

I'm familiar with them. You'd really be stretching those ethical rules to find any sort of violation here. 

I know you are. I don’t know if it would be a stretch at first glance. I’m not familiar with the applicable state state laws that control. 

EDIT: Actually, you’re probably right about no violation. But still, best practice is to cover your ass (for her that means write the names down, and inquire with proper authority about disclosing). 

Oh well

Anyone think Ford will ever come to Washington? I doubt it. She is an educated woman and surely she knows by now she is being used in a political circus.

56 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Anyone think Ford will ever come to Washington? I doubt it. She is an educated woman and surely she knows by now she is being used in a political circus.

I think she will.  I also think it's unreasonable to say Monday or bust for her by Rs.  There's no harm in giving her an extra week to decide.  There's a lot of personal stuff that goes into that decision, not the least of which is the potential effect on her family.

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think she will.  I also think it's unreasonable to say Monday or bust for her by Rs.  There's no harm in giving her an extra week to decide.  There's a lot of personal stuff that goes into that decision, not the least of which is the potential effect on her family.

She has had a lifetime to prep for this. I dont think there is any reason but just political kubuki at this point. For all the circus this has caused, if I was her or her attorney, i would be waiting on one HUGE $$$ payday for all the trouble.And I wouldnt even advise her to show unless the Dems handed her $5M or more. Her life will forever be just this.

9 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Yet another branch to climb out on that may very well be sawed off. 

6 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

She has had a lifetime to prep for this. I dont think there is any reason but just political kubuki at this point. For all the circus this has caused, if I was her or her attorney, i would be waiting on one HUGE $$$ payday for all the trouble.And I wouldnt even advise her to show unless the Dems handed her $5M or more. Her life will forever be just this.

When this backfires on the Rs, we'll all have a good laugh about it. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

When this backfires on the Rs, we'll all have a good laugh about it. 

So for you this is all a game, to be laughed about if your side wins???  Don’t think it is that way for either BK or Ford.  One has potentially worked his entire life for the penultimate position of his career. The other may be exposing a deep dark demon. What if someone accused you today for something 30plus years ago. 

9 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

So for you this is all a game, to be laughed about if your side wins???  Don’t think it is that way for either BK or Ford.  One has potentially worked his entire life for the penultimate position of his career. The other may be exposing a deep dark demon. What if someone accused you today for something 30plus years ago. 

Not haha funny. More like “WTF were they thinking” funny, and that’s on the Rs on the SJC (though that might include Kavanaugh if it turns out he was aware of what Whelan was doing). 

I’m sympathetic to the “kicking the can” down the road argument. I really am. But this game of chicken the Rs are trying to play with these arbitrary deadlines is laughable. I don’t share those concerns about infinite delays. They have the time. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

She really hasn't had a lifetime to prep.  When this alleged event happened, do you really think she believed her attacker would be a SC nominee?  She's already on record as saying that's why she finally came forward.

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Obviously I disagree. She has had plenty of time and it's now time for the circus to end. what about Kavanaugh and his family?

2 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

Beginning to look that way  for some folks.

I can't link it or substantiate it but just read an article on FB saying that in March, 1917, Ford posted that someone should come forward and accuse Neil Gorsuch of rape  to derail his SCOTUS nomination, and that such accusations should continue until Trump nominated Merrick Garland. IF true she is toast.

Archived