LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

2 plays from this game will always haunt me for years when I think about this game. The pass to seth williams on third down on a crossing route where HE WAS WIDE OPEN and could of taken it to the house but the LSU defender batted it down. The other one is of course the now infamous NO PI call on darius slayton on third down. That is just tough to stomach.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am only 29 but in my lifetime outside of the mark richt georgia teams I have never seen a team consistently have our number like LSU does. Some of the most heartbreaking losses of my lifetime are vs LSU. 05,07, 08, 17 and now 18 just to name a few that come to mind. Shoot even   We pull defeat from the jaws of victory. They constantly pull BS games out of their ass vs us. I mean seriously. Coach 0 is 2-0 vs us? GTFO man.......................... This is embarrassing. 

Cause O has gus’s Number. He knows as soon as Gus gets ahead he goes to turtle mode.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Most of the ones I saw were. Let’s quit blaming other factors. This was a poorly played and poorly coached game plain and simple. No need for excuses call it what it was.

not blaming the refs are injuries, Auburn blew it

The team failed in all aspects of the game

I knew not taking the 3 in the first half would come back to haunt us. IMO you always take the points early in the game. And I thought the 4th down play call had no chance against a defense like LSU. They were totally expecting that call. I put the whole thing in the bone Head category. In the end taking the early field goal would have change the game.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

And he’s whooping our ass for a lot of important recruits we wanted 

We always knew he could recruit.  Never thought he would be getting these kind of big wins as a head coach But yah he is. So is kirby who is the bigger problem to us when it comes to crutin...... you right though.

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Coach O's players won the game, not the coach.  This ain't pee wee ball bro. Just saying.

Coach O is the guy that teaches his guys to be tough and not give up. Our coach teaches our players once you get ahead it’s ok to take a few plays off. Get the idea?

Just now, SumterAubie said:

Auburn's last score came with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. More than a quarter and a half left in the game and Auburn does not score again. Sheesh

People can complain all day about the PI calls, but this is the key.  Auburn didn't put the game away and it cost us.  Score some damn points in the 2nd half and those calls in the end don't matter.  84 yards on our last 20 plays is unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll agree to there they got away with a few but we can’t hide behind that. Poorly played at DB today. I’m sure Bird would tell you they were getting beat at the line a lot.

I was not disputing that. In fact....I said AU was not having it's best day. But AU was never out of the game. That call changed everything on a day when things were not working easily on offense and AU needed to make the most of their limited successes. AU had a decent drive stopped cold by poor officiating and it made a difference in the outcome of game. 

I am still shell shocked at that QB converting all those long third and fourth downs. His completion % was awful but I swear he made almost every clutch pass and conversions. I am used to LSU having QBs where the forward pass is a struggle for them. Yet we have lost back to back years to frickin danny etling and some dude named joe burrows.

3 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

not blaming the refs are injuries, Auburn blew it

The team failed in all aspects of the game

I appreciate your honesty. People blame refs, Gus, God, etc. Our players got their a$$ handed to them. Question is, how will they respond?

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

People can complain all day about the PI calls, but this is the key.  Auburn didn't put the game away and it cost us.  Score some damn points in the 2nd half and those calls in the end don't matter.  84 yards on our last 20 plays is unacceptable.

That was an opportunity to score that AU was denied. Could've made all the difference. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Coach O is the guy that teaches his guys to be tough and not give up. Our coach teaches our players once you get ahead it’s ok to take a few plays off. Get the idea?

No, but I don't coach pee wee football. Tell me more.

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Coach O's players won the game, not the coach.  This ain't pee wee ball bro. Just saying.

Which coach did the better job getting their team ready for the challenge of playing the other team? Malzahn??

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I was not disputing that. In fact....I said AU was not having it's best day. But AU was never out of the game. That call changed everything on a day when things were not working easily on offense and AU needed to make the most of their limited successes. AU had a decent drive stopped cold by poor officiating and it made a difference in the outcome of game. 

Not try to argue but I can go back and find a lot of calls that weren’t made against us also. Point is had we played like we should have it wouldn’t have come down to one or two plays.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

That was an opportunity to score that AU was denied. Could've made all the difference. 

That's one.  What about the other four drives that went nowhere?  Sometimes it's best to look in the mirror.  We royally screwed the pooch today.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am still shell shocked at that QB converting all those long third and fourth downs. His completion % was awful but I he made so many clutch passes and conversions. I am used to LSU having QBs where the forward pass is a struggle for them. Yet we have lost back to back years to frickin danny etling and some dude named joe burrows.

Finally! Someone figuring it out. Thanks!

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

No, but I don't coach pee wee football. Tell me more.

You get the award for stupidest comments on this thread. Congrats. Are you 5 years old?

Y'all who are blaming this on Gus need to get your heads checked. Both teams have missed opportunities but officiating, in the most crucial point of the game, blatantly ignores penalties LSU pass interference and then completely fabricates at least two pass interference calls on Auburn, you can't blame that on coaching.

So let me see if I can SUM up the comments so far:

Gus sucks...

We will be perennially mediocre because Gus sucks....

The  talent we have underachieves because Gus sucks

We overpayed for a mediocre coach that sucks

Because Gus sucks, we must now blame the refs like Bammers do, for losing

Gus is sucking the life out of the joy Auburn football....well, because he sucks

technically, this doesnt have a huge impact on the playoff race but knowing gus's tendencies, theyll probably lose 3 more games. Last year was a good year for gus even though it ended in disaster.

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Which coach did the better job getting their team ready for the challenge of playing the other team? Malzahn??

LOL. Oh dear lord.

Archived