LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

I lost another bet to the damned Cajun I work with.  I'm gonna hate to hear him laugh and gloat first thing bright and early Monday morning.  And all year.

Nick Saban would have coached this Auburn team to a 14-point win today.

Gus was a great OC.  But he's only an average head coach.  Yet he's OUR head coach for 7 more years.

We could have had Kirby Smart.  If we were smart.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again we find ourselves trying to explain another Gus loss away. What chumps we were for giving that fool an extension. When will we fans realize Gus is in over his head. Not kicking the FG in the first quarter was an amateur high school coach move.   Where did the intermediate passes go in the second half?  I hate corn dogs. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Why would he be a bammer? First if your going to run a dumb play then yes go ahead and kick the field goal. Go back and look at that play. LSU had all eleven men inside the two tackles and we run right up the center. A two year old could do better.

Granted a poorly executed play. That one play cost us a game? Don't be a simpleton. LSU took our manhood. Accept it. Factual.

(7-5) honestly with Ole Miss being a toss up win for us. Doesn’t matter because Gus is here to stay. He will never win a national championship. Period.

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Nor should he. Players need to man up.

But at some point you have to admit that there's a pattern...a long pattern of this. That's coaching. We got away with it against Washington. The SEC West is even better this year. Hell...Jimbo has Texas A&M looking so much better and it's just year one. People talking about Bama and UGA but A&M and Miss St are going to be a problem. And if we don't pick up our offense Ole Miss may be an issue...although their defense is God awful. 

People saying we got beat by the better team didn’t watch the same game. LSU in the second half had no clue what plays were coming. They got bailed out because they were allowed to do basically anything they wanted as long as it wasn’t so blatant the refs had to call it. Zero holds, so many missed face masks and p.is . Called correctly and auburn wins by 15

15 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Guess I'll go watch a team who really knows how to win on all sides of the ball.

Maybe we got a win today after all? 

1 minute ago, ChattTNTiger said:

Stidum was steady as always watch the replay my friend!!

You watch the replays I was chef the game. He played like crap most of the night. He wasn’t under much pressure. He wasn’t even close on a lot of them. Both interceptions were crap throws. Maybe he’s thinking about the pros. He might need to rethink because ain’t no team going to want him the way he preformed today.

37 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Honestly we need more dogs. We don’t need no little kitty cats. We don’t need no Meoowws 

You are talking on this forum right?

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Granted a poorly executed play. That one play cost us a game? Don't be a simpleton. LSU took our manhood. Accept it. Factual.

I don't think we brought all of our manhood to the game.

Just now, Deutschetiger said:

Once again we find ourselves trying to explain another Gus loss away. What chumps we were for giving that fool an extension. When will we fans realize Gus is in over his head. Not kicking the FG in the first quarter was an amateur high school coach move.   Where did the intermediate passes go in the second half?  I hate corn dogs. 

Fans did not make the decision to keep him. A slight majority might have been willing to keep him but no one would have given him 7 years and $49 million.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Put at some point you have to admit that there's a pattern...a long pattern of this. That's coaching. We got away with it against Washington. The SEC West is even better this year. Hell...Jimbo has Texas A&M looking so much better and it's just year one. People talking about Bama and UGA but A&M and Miss St are going to be a problem. And if we don't pick up our offense Ole Miss may be an issue...although their defense is God awful. 

Plays right into my 8-4 prediction. 

11 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Will all due respect, the points were never on the board.   

With all due respect to you, the fact that Gus ran the ball on fourth down, instead of kicking the fg, is "leaving points on the field". No one ever said that the points were on the scoreboard. Comprende?

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You watch the replays I was chef the game. He played like crap most of the night. He wasn’t under much pressure. He wasn’t even close on a lot of them. Both interceptions were crap throws. Maybe he’s thinking about the pros. He might need to rethink because ain’t no team going to want him the way he preformed today.

The 1st pick was a bad decision. The 2nd pick looked to be a miscommunication between Stidham and Slayton.

5 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

lol. No chance! I was hoping that Arkansas would help us out and take him but that ended when we extended him. Some here kept talking about we had to pay him in fear that we'd lose him. But to who? Arkansas? If so, then so be it. But oh well....it is what it is so me screaming fire Gus isn't going to happen so I just hope we can continue to get better and see what happens. 

If they took him who did AU have to choose from? 

Just now, johnnyAU said:

I don't think we brought all of our manhood to the game.

I disagree. I like side bets if you are willing to wager.  $$$

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

If they took him who did AU have to choose from? 

I think Heath Evans wanted the job....but could be wrong about that...

5 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I lost another bet to the damned Cajun I work with.  I'm gonna hate to hear him laugh and gloat first thing bright and early Monday morning.  And all year.

Nick Saban would have coached this Auburn team to a 14-point win today.

Gus was a great OC.  But he's only an average head coach.  Yet he's OUR head coach for 7 more years.

We could have had Kirby Smart.  If we were smart.

Yep . Makes me sick knowing that 

2 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

Seth Williams was a monster...probably didnt get a look the entire 4th if Im remembering correctly. I think one Schwartz speed sweep at most. Hastings didnt get a target, Stove got one speed sweep. They didnt run exactly the same thing all fourth ill give him that, and the refs had their hand on a couple successful Auburn plays, but I just dont think we were playing in motion at all. It felt more like big play, big play, then just let the momentum ebb completely away and punt. I wouldve liked to see crossing routes thrown in along with more slants and the PA rollouts. Its like Lindsey/Gus has a vault of plays that worked, but they didnt know how to connect any of these plays together. Gus's ability to orchestrate a drive is what hurts this team more than anything

We have a talented team with an NFL calibur QB. Our coach is Les miles 2.0. Saban would have kicked the fg. Dabo swinney would have kicked the FG. We should have taught our Dbs how to defend and not get penalties. Shows how undisciplined our DBs are because our coaches arent teaching them proper techniques,

2 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

Hey I remember you. You are the one that only shows up after losses. 

Archived