LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Think we are missing a pure pass rusher on this defense. Struggled to get pressure all day.

Exactly. S. Davis is as close to a pass rusher as we have. Also we got no push from the DL today. Burrows had way to much time to throw.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WarEagleChemE said:

Don't start with the OLine. They played their a$$es off today. 

Then whats with the inability to secure first downs late in the game when that's all we needed to win??? Epic fail and the OL had a lot to do with it.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll say this too. If you go back and watch the whole plays you will see most of those PIs were legit calls. Our dbs played sloppy today.

The point is if you are calling it on one side then you have to call it on the other side as well when it happens. Not such a difficult concept. The same  goes with holding calls. 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Exactly. S. Davis is as close to a pass rusher as we have. Also we got no push from the DL today. Burrows had way to much time to throw.

We can stuff the run all day. Not trying to take away from the d line, just think it's evident that we are missing that component. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

The point is if you are calling it on one side then you have to call it on the other side as well when it happens. Not such a difficult concept. The same  goes with holding calls. 

I’ll agree to there they got away with a few but we can’t hide behind that. Poorly played at DB today. I’m sure Bird would tell you they were getting beat at the line a lot.

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll say this too. If you go back and watch the whole plays you will see most of those PIs were legit calls. Our dbs played sloppy today.

True but so was the non call on LSU. That's what is so wrong about the calls. Not consistent. 

22 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Georgia and Alabama will clean our clock. Pin it.

I’m sure you were saying the same thing after the LSU loss last year. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Seth Williams was a monster...probably didnt get a look the entire 4th if Im remembering correctly. I think one Schwartz speed sweep at most. Hastings didnt get a target, Stove got one speed sweep. They didnt run exactly the same thing all fourth ill give him that, and the refs had their hand on a couple successful Auburn plays, but I just dont think we were playing in motion at all. It felt more like big play, big play, then just let the momentum ebb completely away and punt. I wouldve liked to see crossing routes thrown in along with more slants and the PA rollouts. Its like Lindsey/Gus has a vault of plays that worked, but they didnt know how to connect any of these plays together. Gus's ability to orchestrate a drive is what hurts this team more than anything

I sometimes wonder because I'm so passionate about Auburn football, but every time I watch us play I imagine a coach in a blindfold behind the bench throwing darts at a play chart

21 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Did you watch the SEC championship game and the bowl game vs UCF? I bet Memphis is asking themselves how did we lose to Gus in a bowl game? 

His comment was that Gus has never gotten his teams up for a big game. I did watch those games but if Gus had not beaten Ga. and Bama ( both big games) we would not have played in either game.

39 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Plenty of blame for the O and D. Didn’t get the job done when the game was on the line. Coach O has been better than the $7 million man for 2 years in a row.

Coach O's players won the game, not the coach.  This ain't pee wee ball bro. Just saying.

I am only 29 but in my lifetime outside of the mark richt georgia teams I have never seen a team consistently have our number like LSU does. Some of the most heartbreaking losses of my lifetime are vs LSU. 05,07, 08, 17 and now 18 just to name a few that come to mind.   We pull defeat from the jaws of victory. They constantly pull BS games out of their ass vs us. I mean seriously. Coach 0 is 2-0 vs us? GTFO man.......................... This is embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

a lot of LSU injuries helped stop the flow of the game as well. How many were legit is unknown.

I was saying the same thing. How they had a team to finish the game is beyond me - everyone was dropping! 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I also think our DBs did some PIs....I just dont think the calls they were making late that actually decided the game were

All of my years competing and personally talking with reasonable refs I’ve been lead to believe one truth. If it’s a call that determines the game/match it better be blatant.

All I ever ask is for it to be called evenly. I’ve watched plenty of bad refs who call it bad both ways and you simply have to adjust.

This was one decided and none of the calls at the end were flagrant enough to cost us the game. One was completely uncatchable.

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I sometimes wonder because I'm so passionate about Auburn football, but every time I watch us play I imagine a coach in a blindfold behind the bench throwing darts at a play chart

it is incredible to me how many Auburn drives this year have just seemed like miracles and praying. Thats essentially what this entire game was. Praying that Gus could put points on the board so we wouldnt get blown out at home, then praying Gus could put ONE touchdown on the drive when his defense gifted him the ball back like 89 straight times without a LSU score. Even a FG likely makes this an Auburn win. I guess we missed one that supposedly is in Anders' range but that drive had no flow to it either I believe. 

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

a lot of LSU injuries helped stop the flow of the game as well. How many were legit is unknown.

Most of the ones I saw were. Let’s quit blaming other factors. This was a poorly played and poorly coached game plain and simple. No need for excuses call it what it was.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am only 29 but in my lifetime outside of the mark richt georgia teams I have never seen a team consistently have our number like LSU does. Some of the most heartbreaking losses of my lifetime are vs LSU. 05,07, 08, 17 and now 18 just to name a few that come to mind. Shoot even   We pull defeat from the jaws of victory. They constantly pull BS games out of their ass vs us. I mean seriously. Coach 0 is 2-0 vs us? GTFO man.......................... This is embarrassing. 

And he’s whooping our ass for a lot of important recruits we wanted 

1 minute ago, redman443 said:

Sean white has more wins against LSU than Jarrett does

Sean White was like 3 seconds away from leading just as debilitating a loss as these two have been for Jarrett. Maybe even worse because Gus would've been legitimately fired if he lost that game. 

Archived