Not liking this new 4 game rule

steeleagle

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What happened to the last thread on this? It looks like it was deleted. 

I imagine it fell under the “no unsubstantiated rumors” rule. If you post something like that, it has to be backed up by a credible source or link. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope the coaches were truthful in what they were telling Kam and Sal. I hope they didn't feed them BS in an effort to convince them to stick around.

Very surprised Sal is sticking around to be honest. Kam at least gets some touches.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I hope they made the best choice for themselves by staying. 

I honestly don’t know why Sal would choose to stay..

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I just hope the coaches were truthful in what they were telling Kam and Sal. I hope they didn't feed them BS in an effort to convince them to stick around.

Very surprised Sal is sticking around to be honest. Kam at least gets some touches.

Actually I hope they lied to Kam.  I'm kidding, of course, but he's clearly number 3 behind Boobee & Worm in production and dynamic ability.  He should not be taking carries away from either of those 2 IMO.

Sal, on the other hand?  Yeah, I'm surprised he's staying.  I hope they finally start feeding him.

BTW, you've got the best Avi on here.  Aubie looks like he's up to no good.  Love it!!

On the other side of the spectrum Clemson QB Kelly Bryant has missed two straight practices and there's rumors that he will also transfer.

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Actually I hope they lied to Kam.  I'm kidding, of course, but he's clearly number 3 behind Boobee & Worm in production and dynamic ability.  He should not be taking carries away from either of those 2 IMO.

Sal, on the other hand?  Yeah, I'm surprised he's staying.  I hope they finally start feeding him.

BTW, you've got the best Avi on here.  Aubie looks like he's up to no good.  Love it!!

LOL. I agree that Boobee and Worm should be getting the most touches with a little bit of Kam here and there for a different look. I hope we can at least start targeting Sal more. If for nothing else just showing the D that there's a big body out there that we will actually throw to.

Oh yeah it's my favorite pic of Aubie! And super old school. Lol he looks like he's either got something up his sleeve or been getting into those funny cigarettes 

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

On the other side of the spectrum Clemson QB Kelly Bryant has missed two straight practices and there's rumors that he will also transfer.

I'd take one Kelly Bryant for next year. Why not?

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That's where I'm at. I'd make no assumptions about his chances at starting- none of that "you don't recruit transfers not to start" silliness- but if he wants to come in and take a crack at winning the job, it would be worth the scholly IMO. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

That's where I'm at. I'd make no assumptions about his chances at starting- none of that "you don't recruit transfers not to start" silliness- but if he wants to come in and take a crack at winning the job, it would be worth the scholly IMO. 

Heck yeah. He guided a team to the playoffs. He beat our nasty defense. He's won a bunch of games. And most importantly:

Somebody else at the D-1 level coached him for 4 years so he's a pre-packaged starting caliber QB that our staff won't be able to ruin in such a short time lolol

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Yep I bet if he came here people would love this rule all of a sudden .

I’m for the rule staying intact for now. Yeah we’ll loose some players we would rather keep. We’ll lose them to rivals and that will suck. But we’ll get some players too. 

But I think this rule gives a lot of opportunity to the players and that’s a good thing. I’ve seen no one transfer from AU that didn’t have a legitimate reason to transfer. If guys aren’t happy with their situation then I am ok with them trying a new place. 

The rule only helps for your first transfer so people acting like this creates a free agency in college football are being over dramatic. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep I bet if he came here people would love this rule all of a sudden .

haha right. I love the rule anyway. It wouldn't seem to hit us so hard if our O wasn't struggling and so many potential weapons who don't seem to be getting many touches decided to leave. If our O was chugging along and utilizing all the talent at our disposal *most* people on here would be indifferent to the rule

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I’m for the rule staying intact for now. Yeah we’ll loose some players we would rather keep. We’ll lose them to rivals and that will suck. But we’ll get some players too. 

But I think this rule gives a lot of opportunity to the players and that’s a good thing. I’ve seen no one transfer from AU that didn’t have a legitimate reason to transfer. If guys aren’t happy with their situation then I am ok with them trying a new place. 

The rule only helps for your first transfer so people acting like this creates a free agency in college football are being over dramatic. 

Well said.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

haha right. I love the rule anyway. It wouldn't seem to hit us so hard if our O wasn't struggling and so many potential weapons who don't seem to be getting many touches decided to leave. If our O was chugging along and utilizing all the talent at our disposal *most* people on here would be indifferent to the rule

You guys are so spot on with these last few posts.

I don’t think folks are really understanding this. There is nothing in the new rule that allows or encourages players to leave. Players have always had the right to leave anytime they wanted. The problem now is they can actually go 4 games into the season and not lose a year’s eligibility. Bryant could have left and probably would have no matter what. He will be a senior and can transfer to play anywhere he wants. If an underclass Player left he would still face a one year sit out unless he could prove a hardship. Nothing in this rule changed the fact that a player could ( and correctly ) leave a team whenever he wants just like a coach has the ability to kick him off the team or demote him any time he wishes. There is absolutely nothing about this new rule that is wrong or should be reworked. The fact is that most players are ready to wait their turn and don’t think it affects them. The problem lies in the new “ win at any cost mentality “ by coaches that replace someone who has earned the position just to maybe win another game.

For years you have seen top programs recruit kids they knew would be nothing more than practice dummies for them. They lied to them, acted like they really felt they could become a starter, only to play mostly like a walk-on. So if these guys would rather transfer to some place they can actually use their talents then more power to them. If you really want to make NCAA football more competitive then reduce total number of recruits to 65 and limit the number of recruit in each class to 16. Then we will see real competition in D1 football and players will much happier. You can give more walk-ins a chance but at least they will know where they stand when they come in.

On another note, just saw where Nick Mullens was put on San Fransisco’s roster.   For those that don’t know he was a kid out of Spain Park High, don’t even think auburn recruited him.   2012 signing class and he ended up going to Southern Miss, setting records for passing.    Guess who auburn signed that year as its QB, Zeke Pike.    For those that say that there is not enough talent around auburn home turf

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Lol

Drunk Aubie we have been over this, Cam bought a stolen laptop... he didn’t steal it himself!

Also, we will benefit from this rule as much as we suffer from it. College football journalist should be drooling over this concept. It’s headline and clickbait gold.

I can see the articles now for next year:

4 Game Goners Watch: who stays and who goes

Potential landing spots for, insert decent players name here, in the SEC

Why X left Z

Why X should leave Z

What Z says about X Leaving

the articles write themselves 

On 9/25/2018 at 12:58 PM, DAG said:

I honestly don’t know why Sal would choose to stay..

Because this "four game redshirt rule" doesn't change anything about the transfer year. Non-graduates leaving will still have to sit out their transfer year at their new school. Sal isn't NFL material anyway so maybe he likes Auburn University and being on this team.

Archived