GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Southern Miss

RunInRed

I find it a little strange and ironic that the two places that we need help the most are the Areas that we are struggling in recruiting this year. Offensive line and running back. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is always failures who are on TV telling us about how to understand the game?  I just needed Chizik to start talking about discipline.

Media is just rubbing it our faces having his as a commentator in our game. 

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

Every fanbase whines about their line. This is what an average offensive line looks like. This is what an offensive line looks like when you have high school coaches calling plays. 

This is not what an average SEC line looks like. I don't think it's historically bad the way many posters would make it seem. But this is a below average SEC line. Especially since their primary function (run blocking) is their weakness.

Chizik and Gus prove we have some voodoo here. Defensive minded coach has a terrible D with high scoring O. Offensive minded coach has an elite D and terrible O... it’s almost as if they think they know it all and meddle with their coordinators...

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Chizik just said Kam isn’t a guy to carry it 20 something times a game. Maybe you are on to something?

Is that news? Love Kam but he doesn't have the size to be an every down back. He has a valuable place in the offense but he is what he is. 

Whitlow is the main guy.

However, how well the rbs perform is mostly up to this offensive line. Once they do their job the difference between good and great is up to the back, but getting to good depends on the OL.

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And you’ll be happy with how we preformed so far ? On offense that is

We are looking a bit better, but not close to being where we need to be to compete in the SEC games coming up.

1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

Am I crazy for wanting to see a two-back set with KMart and Boobee? Would be less predictable than what we have done to this point

I want to see boobee and shivers, that’s just MO

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We need a stud RB. I am hoping we see Asa more now that boobie is hurt. 

I don't think it's fair to judge KMart based on this OL. KJ, KP, Tre, none of them would be able to run behind this line. To say KMart isn't elite or a stud is nearsighted, IMO.  You don't go from almost 7 ypc to 3+ ypc in one year by adding strength and speed.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Is that news? Love Kam but he doesn't have the size to be an every down back. He has a valuable place in the offense but he is what he is. 

Whitlow is the main guy.

However, how well the rbs perform is mostly up to this offensive line. Once they do their job the difference between good and great is up to the back, but getting to good depends on the OL.

Yeah Chiz kinda went Captain Obvious on us there...

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

This is not what an average SEC line looks like. I don't think it's historically bad the way many posters would make it seem. But this is a below average SEC line. Especially since their primary function (run blocking) is their weakness.

We haven’t struggled at the guard positions for a while. You can cover up for poor tackle play but inside pressure is the death of running and passing.

Just now, Zeek said:

Chizik and Gus prove we have some voodoo here. Defensive minded coach has a terrible D with high scoring O. Offensive minded coach has an elite D and terrible O... it’s almost as if they think they know it all and meddle with their coordinators...

I really don’t think that Gus is meddling. I think that the offensive line is struggling, the qb is struggling, and the penalties. Omg the penalties. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

The offensive line is fine. Consistently too many bodies to block. We are far too one dimensional on offense. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Weather delay baby! Lets go aubiefifty! Me and you mano y mano! Halftime entertainment! 

??????

show me what ya got...........lol

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I don't think it's fair to judge KMart based on this OL. KJ, KP, Tre, none of them would be able to run behind this line. To say KMart isn't elite or a stud is nearsighted, IMO.  You don't go from almost 7 ypc to 3+ ypc in one year by adding strength and speed.

Actually that is what made kJ and tre so great. They would get yards that were not there. They had vision. 

But I agree that this line is atrocious. 

Does the Auburn OLine ever put a hand on the ground (3 point stance)?  That's part of the problem IMO.  Much harder to run block from a passive 2 pt stance.  I wish they'd teach the 3 pt stance again.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

It is what happens when you are carrying the ball against LSU and Washington instead of Alabama State. He produced against consistently bad competition last year. 

Who must be related to him the way you are constantly going to bat for him. 

I know someone posted it , but it is really surprising how AU played so wel at times against Washington and LSU , but  can’t get much going at all today against inferior competition. AU plays to the level of competition at times . 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I want to see boobee and shivers, that’s just MO

I’m fine with their running ability, but I think KMart + Boobee offers a little better pass blocking. I’m still a little shocked to not have seen Shivers with at least 3 touches by now

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Both were hired  by Jay Jacobs......................

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

The offensive line is fine. Consistently too many bodies to block. We are far too one dimensional on offense. 

WTH?!?!?  

You have now disqualified any future comment. You obviously had to have eaten lead paint as a child.

Archived