GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Southern Miss

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

The offensive line is fine. Consistently too many bodies to block. We are far too one dimensional on offense. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

WTH?!?!?  

You have now disqualified any future comment. You obviously had to have eaten lead paint as a child.

I think what he meant was the offensive line is fine, except for pass blocking, run blocking, holding penalties, offside penalties and false starts. Other than that they are ok.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well after chiz unloaded and still did not"go there " i am not sure i have the heart for any more battle. but i got a peace pipe........lol

Close enough sir. Just what we needed...another former AU coach turned broadcaster.

2 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

JB Grimes has been a great coach but has he just gotten soft in his old age and it’s showing up in our OL and maybe no one gonna say anything to him because they respect him too much ? 

I think it's just the inexperience among the players. IIRC....the center has not played that position since middle school. They're having  tutorials right in the middle of playing.

1 minute ago, aubieclawz said:

so a 5'7/8 RB is considered a power back? no way on gods green earth.. I just say give Asa a chance to prove his worth..

Way to judge on height, he’s built like an ox. Different archetype but people said K.J. wasn’t a 3 down between the tackles back either. Lol

Just now, IronMan70 said:

I think what he meant was the offensive line is fine, except for pass blocking, run blocking, holding penalties, offside penalties and false starts. Other than that they are ok.

Bahahah

3 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

JB Grimes has been a great coach but has he just gotten soft in his old age and it’s showing up in our OL and maybe no one gonna say anything to him because they respect him too much ? 

Well remember Gus had Hand in OL last two years. Herb Hand was that is.  Grimes had lot less to do with what is in the cupboard and more to do with Hands success here. 

4 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

i think hand left such a mess it is still hurting us. different technique swapping players positions too much. grimes is not a recruiter but i believe he can coach. ya gotta have something to work with. gus thought hand would help with the o and it is the worst hire he ever made.......

3 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I have no clue, but it could be just as likely he is harder on them than Herb Hand was and it's not a style they "like"

If that’s the case, sounds like a situation for the HC to handle ?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We did give it to him and he fumbled, what’s funny is people say shivers isn’t a between the tackle runner lol. We could use shivers speed in the receiving game too

I like Shiver as that jet sweep guy and a few up the middle to catch em off guard. Don’t want him hurt. He’s like KM if he has a clean hole he can shoot through it. As for Asa You give a guy the ball as a freshman, he fumbles and you never give him the ball again?

Just now, corchjay said:

The online has to perform like one body, one unit.  One guy may dominate his guy on a play and the guy beside him fall down.  That’s what it’s been like all year.  And the penalties are driving me nuts.  I’d say the first hold on Tega was a little iffy but the procedure penalties on the OL putting us behind the sticks is not good.  Brahms snaps seems to be just a hair slower behind the clap cadence differing from Kim’s as well.   Could be a factor.   

1. Pre-snap someone needs to do a better job of adjusting protections and id'ing blitzes. 

2. Post-snap Stidham needs to learn how to properly manipulate a pocket. It's not rocket science. 

3. And the playcalling too often fails to include hot reads especially against a defense that loves to blitz like this. 

Then we can talk about our average offensive line. 

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

You actually have to complete passes for the defense to respect that aspect of your offense. Sorry if that was unclear. 

So let me get this right....what makes our O one dimensional is that you have to complete passes for the defense to respect that aspect of your offense, right?  So what happens when you rush for 39 yards on 12 carries(3.25ypc)? Does that make us 0 dimensional?

Dude, seriously?  Just stop.

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Close enough sir. Just what we needed...another former AU coach turned broadcaster.

yes but chiz never disses auburn AND he held back so he shut me up for a while......lol

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I like Shiver as that jet sweep guy and a few up the middle to catch em off guard. Don’t want him hurt. He’s like KM if he has a clean hole he can shoot through it. As for Asa You give a guy the ball as a freshman, he fumbles and you never give him the ball again?

Shivers also almost always sheds first contact. No my point is , people want to doubt shivers but say asa is the answer when he hasn’t done anything. It’s not like the kid is skin and bones

At some point, we may all conclude that expectations were simply too high for our team this year, breaking in a new offensive line AND a bunch of new running backs.

Archived