GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Southern Miss

RunInRed

whats everyone drinking?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

So would engaging and completing your block...

The OL hasn’t been good but they aren’t as atrocious as everyone is making it out to be.  Run blocking is poor on the interior but Stidham has not been in any more pressure in the pocket then any other normal QB in a game.  The passing game failures fall squarely on his shoulders

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So let me get this right....what makes our O one dimensional is that you have to complete passes for the defense to respect that aspect of your offense, right?  So what happens when you rush for 39 yards on 12 carries(3.25ypc)? Does that make us 0 dimensional?

Dude, seriously?  Just stop.

Teams are keying in on our run game. We have had opportunities down the field. We have to take advantage of those. This is really basic stuff. 

24 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Does the Auburn OLine ever put a hand on the ground (3 point stance)?  That's part of the problem IMO.  Much harder to run block from a passive 2 pt stance.  I wish they'd teach the 3 pt stance again.

Really...whatever happened to "low man wins?"

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

Teams are keying in on our run game. We have had opportunities down the field. We have to take advantage of those. This is really basic stuff. 

Tells us a lot about our offensive braintrust, huh?

13 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I think what he meant was the offensive line is fine, except for pass blocking, run blocking, holding penalties, offside penalties and false starts. Other than that they are ok.

Sometimes I wish this fan base could actually experience a bad o-line.  Or actually understand football. 

6 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

I was in the stadium for the rain game in 2008(?) and none of us left and we all lived. Let's play some ball.

The delay is for lightening not rain

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We have tiny RB's that can't other teams defensive lines. We have to start signing BIG RB's who run at right thu you.

that's my point, we need a power back, not a scat back

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Tells us a lot about our offensive braintrust, huh?

We are running a high school level offensive scheme. I was hoping Chip would help. I was even optimistic at times last year. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Clearly Jarrett is not allowed to audible anymore.  We have gone back to meerkat offense.  Get to the line and let coaches call play based on alignment.  Just reacting instead of taking action to the defense.  So slow.  Heck I would rather huddle up.  We're did at least work on not being predictable on snap count.  We are just a little too good on it now as our own linemen don't know it.  We showed a little promise before the delay.  It's just so out of rhythm for everyone.  Maybe with the delay we have time to game plan script the last 4 minutes.  Then do it again lol. 

Have you noticed Jarrett audibles.  Horrible.  Which when you can’t execute they would be but he hasn’t audibled into the right run play 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I’m starting with some Vanilla Crown but will move to Jack and Coke soon...

i heard vanilla crown is really good. i cannot drink jack much because i always drank too much and got sick. i never won an honest fight with him.........

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The OL hasn’t been good but they aren’t as atrocious as everyone is making it out to be.  Run blocking is poor on the interior but Stidham has not been in any more pressure in the pocket then any other normal QB in a game.  The passing game failures fall squarely on his shoulders

The more I watch the little things with Stidham, the more I agree with you. On the other hand, I haven’t seen any improvement on our O-line since game 1. At some point, Grimes needs to get them better or change some personnel. 

Archived