It's just a game

CleCoTiger

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

On edir...

I think Jarrett Stidham may need to sit for a minute.  It's not that it's his fault any more than it was Barrett Trotter's fault in 2011 or the QB's fault in 1998 or 2012.  It just gets to a point where a QB gets beat up and he's watching the rush instead of the receivers.  Very few play through that. He needs a break.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

... as we drift off into mediocrity and below. 

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

Thank you for providing a perfect example of why Auburn will never "get over the hump". Auburn fans accept mediocrity. A really good season every 10 years or so will keep them quiet.

No for some of these kids, it is a potential livelihood. I feel that they are being done a great disservice however. That’s all I will say in terms of that.

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

it's just a game??? FYI we are done for the year. We ain't making the playoff even if we win out. 

I think we all came to that realization after last week's performance.

12 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

If Gus is doing the best to help the team win (on O) he needs to go back to high school.

Just now, au1duke said:

We aren’t winning out! We will lose 3 more, and play in the Birmingham Bowl.

Was just saying IF. We are losing to A&M UGA and Bama. 7-5 right where we belong. Im think more like the gator bowl tho

14 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

And this is exactly the kind of attitude from WAY too many fans, donors and PTB why west vance continues to kick our ass in this GAME of football.

You can attempt to sugarcoat it until you are blue in the face. That was a total underachievement to put it mildly.

3 minutes ago, au1duke said:

We aren’t winning out! We will lose 3 more, and play in the Birmingham Bowl.

Well at least we know that is the 1 bowl game on Gods green earth that Even gus can win!

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

We still had a shot. Now we dont at all 

Yeah, technically. The same way Vanderbilt had a shot at the playoffs at the start of the season.

It was pretty obvious that we aren't very good when we barely beat Southern Miss last week. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And November starts and thanks to Gus we have no shot at anything meaningful. This bunch isnt going 10-2 like last year.

There is not even false hope this year like we had in 16.

Sorry. I love Auburn. I want the very best for Auburn. This ain’t it. 

18 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

stupidity at its finest

7 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

it's just a game??? FYI we are done for the year. We ain't making the playoff even if we win out. 

but honestly did it take this loss to figure this out for you. ive been fuming since last year. we suck plain and simple. it just wouldnt be that bad if the idiots agreed to only 4 years or something...

Archived