The Peach Bowl Curse.....is it real?

Eisenhower_1952

1990 beat Indiana  (formerly Hall of Fame game)        1991 losing season Eric Ramsey scandal started after Texas game

Stan White returned at QB

New Running Back

1997 beat Clemson                                                                1998 losing season Bowden quit mid-season

New QB

Rusty Williams converted Linebacker

2001 lost to North Carolina                                                 2002 9 win season beat Penn State in Citrus Bowl

Cobb/ Campbell returned at QB

Cadillac returns/Brown emerges at RB

2007 beat Clemson                                                               2008 losing season Tuberville fired

New QB

Tate/Fannin/Lester returns at RB

2011 beat Virginia                                                                  2012 worst season in 40 years. Chizik fired

New QB

Mason returns at RB

2017 lost to UCF                                                                     2018 not looking good!

Stidham returns at QB

New RB

I told another AU fan before the season started, that we were sure to be bad bc we were suppose to be good. Not exactly the same but I’ve been a fan a long time and media predicting good things for us is the kiss of death.

Well it can't be real considering there's an example on this list of a team improving from one year to the next after the Peach Bowl (2001 to 2002).

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

I don’t believe in curses or superstitious nonsense...

Knock on wood saying that doesn’t come back to bite me...

Stealing that shamelessly. :) 

It was our cheerleaders. They thought they would play a prank involving the spirit stick on another squad at nationals. Notre Dame friend sent me video:

stick.gif

Small correction...

New Year's Day 1990 in the Hall of Fame Bowl, Auburn defeated tOSU in what later became the Outback Bowl.

However, it WAS still 1990 (Dec 29th) when they defeated Indiana in what was the Peach Bowl.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Small correction...

New Year's Day 1990 in the Hall of Fame Bowl, Auburn defeated tOSU in what later became the Outback Bowl.

However, it WAS still 1990 (Dec 29th) when they defeated Indiana in what was the Peach Bowl.

I was just about to post the exact same thing.

Just now, Rednilla said:

I was just about to post the exact same thing.

I remember it (the Peach Bowl) because it was the first (and I think only) Auburn bowl game I've never seen because I had to work that day and nobody recorded it for me...

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I remember it (the Peach Bowl) because it was the first (and I think only) Auburn bowl game I've never seen because I had to work that day and nobody recorded it for me...

You watched the 1938 Orange Bowl? Man, that's some serious fandom right there, ladies and gentlemen! :tease:

37 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You watched the 1938 Orange Bowl? Man, that's some serious fandom right there, ladies and gentlemen! :tease:

HAHA!!  You got me.  Okay, since I've been watching AU football....there :glare: 😁

Ah, but if we play in the Peach Bowl when NOT playing a regular season game in December, then the rule still works! 2001 was an anomaly after all...for obvious reasons.

Don't forget that all three times we've played in the CFA Kickoff game, the resulting season has been disastrous. So Dr. Greene, PLEASE never schedule us for that wretched game ever again!

Archived