Fire Gus (merged threads)

AuburnTiger4Life

2 minutes ago, tacosman said:

so many overreactions in this thread.

1) Gus isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The guy was a few plays away from winning it all in 2013, and just last year won the sec west with two all-time performances at the end of the year.  The gus bus has a ton of gas left in it.

2) Gus is still a bigtime coach.  He's the only coach in america who gets under nick's skin and nick fears as well. He's got nick's number, and nick knows it

3) Gus is right to stick with JS.  These couple of rough games for JS may be a blessing in disguise if he ends up staying for his senior year instead of declaring for the nfl draft early

I was with you until after this game. There is the likelihood of a 5-7 season of which is unacceptable. If this happens and we get blown out by bammer, UGA, OM, and TAMU, we cannot continue this track and a change needs to happen.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going into todays game, I put Tennessee and Ole Miss in the same boat. Well we saw what a crappy team did to Auburn, So it's not a sure thing that we'll beat Ole Miss in Oxford next week.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Since 2013:

8-5
7-6
8-5
10-4
4-3 (so far, with the ceiling looking like 8-5, with 7-6 or 5-7 possible)

In what dream land is that "still a big time coach?"

The ONLY thing that might keep him here next year is the buyout, but that is far from the guarantee I thought it was a few weeks ago. FAR from it.

I am with you 110%. Can you give me some more details about the buyout being a guarantee? I hope there are ways to let Gus out to pasture without taking a huge hit.

first we arent losing to both olemiss and A&M.  Its more likely we go 2-0 vs 0-2.  

even the georgia game is in play(they look like crap today)

And we can continue this track.....or do I need to remind you guys who won the sec west LAST YEAR?

And dont throw out that 4 loss crap last year- we won the sec west and beat our two biggest rivals in massive games.  Thats not a 4 loss year

As stan and rod commented today, we've just been snakebit the last few weeks.....those td non-reversal breaks last week,and then how does slayton drop that ball?  That was not JS's fault...he threw a great ball.  He catches that the game changes a lot....

Honestly, who would you guys rather have than gus?  Saban?  yuck.  Urban?  yuck, too much baggage.  Dabo?  Bama born and bred.  I'll stay on this bus thank you....

5 minutes ago, tacosman said:

first we arent losing to both olemiss and A&M.  Its more likely we go 2-0 vs 0-2.  :lol: What team are you watching.  It certainly isn't Auburn. Also the sooner you stop dealing in absolutes the better off you will be. 

even the georgia game is in play(they look like crap today)  Everybody has an off day occasionally.  If you think we can compete with Georgia as we are right now, you are completely clueless

And we can continue this track.....or do I need to remind you guys who won the sec west LAST YEAR?  Last year is completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with anything.  Except the fact that the last two games of the year we saw what was to come in 2018.  Nothing has changed.

And dont throw out that 4 loss crap last year- we won the sec west and beat our two biggest rivals in massive games.  Thats not a 4 loss year.  Again, last year is completely irrelevant.  

post less.

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

This isn’t 2013. Gus’ offense was fun when it was new and nobody knew how to prepare for it. Now everyone does it and Gus hasn’t been able to adapt. It’s that simple 

except georgia(firstgame) and alabama really didnt know how to stop it or prepareforit

6 minutes ago, tacosman said:

first we arent losing to both olemiss and A&M.  Its more likely we go 2-0 vs 0-2.  

And we can continue this track.....or do I need to remind you guys who won the sec west LAST YEAR?

And dont throw out that 4 loss crap last year- we won the sec west and beat our two biggest rivals in massive games.  Thats not a 4 loss year

Cut it out, Gus.  We're not in the mood.

14 minutes ago, tacosman said:

1) Gus isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The guy was a few plays away from winning it all in 2013, and just last year won the sec west with two all-time performances at the end of the year.  The gus bus has a ton of gas left in it.

2) Gus is still a bigtime coach.  He's the only coach in america who gets under nick's skin and nick fears as well. He's got nick's number, and nick knows it

3) Gus is right to stick with JS.  These couple of rough games for JS may be a blessing in disguise if he ends up staying for his senior year instead of declaring for the nfl draft early

:homer:....ummm, what?  I’m not sure if you’re serious but if you are, okay 👌🏻.

12 minutes ago, tacosman said:

Thank you so much for the laugh.  I really needed that. Gus is a 'Big Time' coach maybe on the high school circuit. As for Nick Satan being scared of Gus, that one had me pissing myself. He sure as hell scared him last year.........right into a Natl Championship. Gus is in so way over his head. He's coached us out of countless games that we should have won. Gus needs to give a HUGE chunk of that $49M contract to Nick Marshall & Cam Newton. THEY, made Gus. Yes, THEY made Gus and made a high school O coordinator look like a D1 coach.....NOT.  

3 minutes ago, tacosman said:

except georgia(firstgame) and alabama really didnt know how to stop it or prepareforit

I guess you didn’t see our defense... nvm. It’s pointless arguing with people in the Gus Cult 

5 minutes ago, tacosman said:

As stan and rod commented today, we've just been snakebit the last few weeks.....those td non-reversal breaks last week,and then how does slayton drop that ball?  That was not JS's fault...he threw a great ball.  He catches that the game changes a lot....

Honestly, who would you guys rather have than gus?  Saban?  yuck.  Urban?  yuck, too much baggage.  Dabo?  Bama born and bred.  I'll stay on this bus thank you....

Alrighty, obviously trolling. 

59 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Either you're a bama fan or you started on the bottle at kick off. I get trying to be realistic, but damn is that how you really feel about AU?

I did not see anything he said that is not correct.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Would we rather not spent that much?  Yes.  But the cost of inaction is becoming increasingly too high.

1. This is true. We could spend that much plus the salaries for the new staff. I ‘m afraid our AD will be stretched thin though. The football only center and other necessities could be put on the backburner for years. 

Mostly BS.  Unproven?  Perhaps.  So was Smart.  Every head coach is unproven until someone gives him a chance.  Likely a huge downgrade?  Not sure how one can say that with a straight face at this point.

Totally agree

BS.  None of the ones I've named look mediocre.

3. Haven’t seen your list. I think he is going to consider any coach mediocre short of Saban, Meyer, and Dabo though. 

BS.  At this point, Auburn fans are tired of nice guys who don't cuss and go 8-5.  I'm not saying we have to hire Satan himself, but at this point I just want someone who will win, not embarrass us and not get us on probation.

4. Same to a degree. I don’t want Kiffin here though. Not because he’s rough around the edges, but because he is often immature. If the Joey Freshwater stuff is true, that’s a definite no. 

11 minutes ago, tacosman said:

Did you watch the last two games ? Undoubtedly not. We will be lucky to beat Liberty . SMH

Who gives a s*** about beating bammer every now and then? Nobody... I'm more concerned how we end up looking like a soup sandwich time and time again. That's his pattern,  a pile of s*** with a few sprinkles on it.

6 minutes ago, tacosman said:

wow please go away you are in the minority 1 vs 100

11 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am with you 110%. Can you give me some more details about the buyout being a guarantee? I hope there are ways to let Gus out to pasture without taking a huge hit.

The buyout is iron-clad unless we could somehow negotiate it down.  What isn't guaranteed is that the high buyout would stop us cold from firing him.

13 minutes ago, tacosman said:

tenor.gif

This guy is clearly trolling. Legitimately just created a profile for reactions and argument. He just denied a 4 loss season even though in reality we had 4 losses.

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Since 2013:

8-5
7-6
8-5
10-4
4-3 (so far, with the ceiling looking like 8-5, with 7-6 or 5-7 possible)

In what dream land is that "still a big time coach?"

The ONLY thing that might keep him here next year is the buyout, but that is far from the guarantee I thought it was a few weeks ago. FAR from it.

$32 million....

Archived