Now what?

War to the Eagle

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

Not sugar-coating, not whining. Just what do we do now?

not much we can do but ride it out...we could fire that rat-faced president that allowed this contract to take place....coach dildo really has made me into a big AU basketball fan...bruce pearl had a lot to do with that, but coach dildo made me like football a lot less

34 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Gotta make a bowl game. You don't do that, and you lose money for the school as well as valuable practice time for the young guys. Have to throw everything you've got at Ole Miss and Liberty. 

Gus also has a losing record in bowl games. We don't need a bowl game.

Place all your hopes and dreams into the basketball program. A proven winner is at the helm. And someone that absolutely knows how to accumulate top talent and fill roster needs. Thank god for Bruce

If we can’t afford to fire Gus then Greene needs to fire the entire offensive staff, except for Horton. Greene hires all replacements and gives them full control of the offense. Make Gus’ life miserable. He hates being told what to do, so it may be enough motivation to make him leave (assuming someone else is crazy enough to hire him).

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

See you on the Lookalikes, and pray that I don't start one for the Tigers.  I kid...or do I?

Don't worry, it's coming in 2 weeks.  Bye week is look a like Auburn week. Let's just hope we somehow have a different perception after next week's game lol

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If we can’t afford to fire Gus then Greene needs to fire the entire offensive staff, except for Horton. Greene hires all replacements and gives them full control of the offense. Make Gus’ life miserable. He hates being told what to do, so it may be enough motivation to make him leave (assuming someone else is crazy enough to hire him).

Actually not a bad idea. However, we'd never get a decent coach ever again if word of this got out.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Gotta make a bowl game. You don't do that, and you lose money for the school as well as valuable practice time for the young guys. Have to throw everything you've got at Ole Miss and Liberty. 

If you can't beat Tennessee at home you're not beating Ole Miss at their place. 

5 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Actually not a bad idea. However, we'd never get a decent coach ever again if word of this got out.

Probably true, I’m just disgusted 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Unfortunately, we have to to wait and hope. But I am done with Gus. There is nothing that can convince me he deserves to be our HC. Way too inconsistent . 4-5 now since his contract.

Before the start of the season I would have argued some of his upside.......sadly I have nothing.

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Probably true, I’m just disgusted 

Pat, I like your idea.  His--SOMEBODY's--incentive to change needs to have the thermostat turned up.  We could fear never getting another quality coach, or we could attract them because of the chutzpah it would take to hold the feet to the fire.  I left a very COMFY school system just this year after 12 years onsite to go to an elite, progressive, top-talent-attracting-one 40 miles away in my year 21.  I wanted to be as excited about the end of my teaching career as I was at the beginning.  I'd LOVE to see "elite attracting elite" at work in the AU football program, because I think we are in the mess that we are in because of the fear mentality.  It's like a bad breakup that needs to happen...but, oh, another one might not come along, or I couldn't get anyone else, so I'll just stick with it. Sickening!  Have some grit!

I'd rather work for HIGH standards that are ENFORCED, all cards on the table, rather than slink along in mediocrity.  

4 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Two suggestions I've never seen posted, and definitely from opposite ends of the spectrum...

1.  We have lost our prayer commitment and prayer cover.  Something beyond the field happened in 2010, with the team chemistry and all of the media assault, that put the focus even above winning.  And the results played out, step by step.  I felt such an urgency to stand in the gap, and it's an urgency that has not grabbed me now.  Something is amiss with the ultimate focus of the team, the coaches, the fans.  Something Creed-ish and unique to Auburn, maybe, is what is missing from motivational standpoint.  That's the Heavenly perspective.

2.  It has crossed my mind more than once, and this is the Hellish one...is someone or some THING paying Auburn MORE to LOSE?  Has anyone else wondered this?

I'll probably get thrown in the furnace for both suggestions, but they make as much sense...or nonsense...as anything else out there.  Love ya, AUFamily.  See you on the Lookalikes, and pray that I don't start one for the Tigers.  I kid...or do I?

#justhadenough

I’ll go with nonsense. Pretty sure God or Satan doesn’t care if Auburn wins or loses a football game. 

26 minutes ago, AUinbammerland said:

I’ll go with nonsense. Pretty sure God or Satan doesn’t care if Auburn wins or loses a football game. 

You've asked Him?  It's not about the win, and there's nothing in my #1 that says it is.  If you haven't read Hard-Fighting Soldier by Brother Chette Williams, Auburn's chaplain for decades or All In, by Coach Chizik, they're good reads and give plenty of perspective as to what I just alluded.  Most people who use the quote you did have read neither, because they don't get the big pic behind what I'm proposing.  

If you don't think there exist rogue boosters from another, maybe rival, maybe not, source who could toss enough money in a personal pocket for poor results, then that may be true.  However, it's not that hard to imagine.  Let's see...I guess it was 1984's "The Natural" that sadly brought that seedy side of life to my awareness.

Image result for the natural movie bribeImage result for all in chizikImage result for hard fighting soldiers book chette williams

7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Continue this season on the same trajectory. Maybe beat Tamu and play Georgia closer than we should.  Get blown out by Bama.  Limp into some terrible bowl.  Have a bunch of drama about Stidham staying or leaving.  Go into next season picked just above Arkansas in the West and run the table.  The most obvious Auburn thing to do.

I’ll add too that as a result of running the table next year, Gus gets another extension and raise and we’re stuck with him another five years.  We will be in an awful cycle.  That’s an Auburn thing to do.

The only statement that an average fan can make is to stop going to the game and stop buying tickets. The dilemma at doing this is that you hurt the kids playing the game just as much as the coaches and the money that has already been spent on the tickets, hotels, etc. 

But if you want to get the AD’s and president’s attention, hit them where it counts. It is all about the Benjamins. 

17 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

If we can’t afford to fire Gus then Greene needs to fire the entire offensive staff, except for Horton. Greene hires all replacements and gives them full control of the offense.

Just start by giving Chip and Steele full control. Let them answer to Greene and hire their own staff. Then go from there, assuming the HC contract would allow administrative control in this manner. Other changes can be made later, as needed. Just get through the season and try and lessen the embarrassment. CGM can retain control of special teams.

Archived