What if Gus resigned?

KolchakAU85

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, keesler said:

By the time the coaching carousel was unfolding, UT had been denied by a few candidates, UF already had Mullen, and aTm had already offered Fisher a king's ransom.  Arkansas was shopping and MSU went north to get a coordinator from PSU.  There weren't many viable options that were any better than what AU already had when the contract negotiation had started with Gus/AU.

Man, I had already forgotten that was the way it played out.   Thanks for repairing my memory .:thumbsup:

Where's the embarrassed emoji?

6 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

If I were to wish something really bad on someone, I would wish them to win the lottery.  Statistics show that tends to destroy families.

Can you wish that on me tonight?  There's a really big drawing happening and I'm willing to take that risk for the good of everyone.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

You have already been given a couple of examples. But to bring it closer to home, in 1998, Terry Bowden resigned in the middle of the season, and somehow was still given a buyout.

True, but as I stated, I didn't remember. However, on that note, I never believed Bowden resigned on his own. There have been other coaches in the past, as have been stated here, but do you believe Gus will just resign and walk away? Again, that may be the official reason given.

There are very few people on the planet that would willingly walk away from 32 million dollars because they felt bad. You'd have to be a colossal idiot, regardless of if you think you have high "integrity" or whatever other catchphrase you want to use.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:10 PM, KolchakAU85 said:

So, hypothetically, is there any scenario under which Gus might resign

Sure. 

It's the same scenario where elephants fly with their huge ears. It's also the same scenario where snowballs vacation in Hades. Pretty much the same scenario where pigs fly using their tails like a helicopter.

I mean each of those things COULD happen... And each happening are just as likely to happen as Gus walking away from 40 million.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:33 PM, GwillMac6 said:

If he does resign then he is even dumber than we all thought..........

And that’s saying something

Nope to the OP, you take the money and keep trying your best. It’s got to be easy to sleep knowing you have that much coming your way. $1,000,000 would change my life forever. Hell, $10,000 right now would speed up some goals in my life by years.

If you’re Gus build your dream home in Auburn, start setting up businesses for continued money after football, get involved with the community, and keep doing your best. Maybe reflect on yourself and what isn’t working.

Archived