Nikki Haley Is the GOP’s Best Chance to Win in 2020

homersapien

Good article written by a South Carolina reporter - who happens to also be black.

I pretty much agree with everything he said, even though - like him - I have real problems with her policy decisions.  And I certainly don't want to see the GOP recover that quickly from Trump.  I'd just as soon see Trump take the GOP further down the same path they're own, to utter ruin if possible.

But he does present an excellent political analysis.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/19/nikki-haley-2020-republican-party-221667

Nikki Haley Is the GOP’s Best Chance to Win in 2020

She should ignore the conventional wisdom and throw her hat in the ring.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd sign up to volunteer and canvass for her campaign.  It won't happen though.

Don't be too sure.  Nikki's political instincts are much stronger than her regard for Trump.  A lot can happen in two years.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Don't be too sure.  I suspect Nikki's political instincts are much stronger than her regard for Trump.  A lot can happen in two years.

I'd love for it to happen.  Would be so nice to have an adult as president again.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:24 AM, homersapien said:

Curious Nola, what was so funny about this article.  Did you read it?

Yes. I do not find it facially accurate to assert that she is the GOPs best chance without even knowing who she would be running against. Further, President Trump may have even more support going into 2020. However, if it was up to me, Kasich would be the person. As you know, I do not detest Trump, but there are many better options. Just need to put Haley against someone before I can even consider marking the claim as viable. I think that's a fair assessment. 

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. I do not find it facially accurate to assert that she is the GOPs best chance without even knowing who she would be running against. Further, President Trump may have even more support going into 2020. However, if it was up to me, Kasich would be the person. As you know, I do not detest Trump, but there are many better options. Just need to put Haley against someone before I can even consider marking the claim as viable. I think that's a fair assessment. 

"Facially" accurate?   :dunno:

Her hypothetical opponent is it not relevant to the proposition she is the  GOP's best option to win - assuming Trump is the alternative. 

But I agree about Kasich.  You should start a similar thread about him if you really think he's preferable to Trump. 

Otherwise, just admit you are one of the sheep.   Baaaaaaaah!  ;D

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Facially" accurate?   :dunno:

Her hypothetical opponent is it not relevant to the proposition she is the  GOP's best option to win - assuming Trump is the alternative. 

But I agree about Kasich.  You should start a similar thread about him if you really think he's preferable to Trump. 

Otherwise, just admit you are one of the sheep.   Baaaaaaaah!  ;D

I think it is very relevant who the opponent is.

Thanks for the “thread” advice.

This sheep eats your lunch daily, ye ol scientist. Baaaaaaah!

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I hope so, she'll have my vote.

She'd certainly have my consideration.  Can't say that if Trump were to be the nominee again.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:21 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

I think it is very relevant who the opponent is.

Thanks for the “thread” advice.

This sheep eats your lunch daily, ye ol scientist. Baaaaaaah!

No, her opponent doesn't matter.  Compared to Trump, Haley is the GOP's best chance period. 

(Hint:  that's not the same as saying she will win.)

Think about it. 

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, her opponent doesn't matter.  Compared to Trump, Haley is the GOP's best chance period. 

(Hint:  that's not the same as saying she will win.)

Think about it. 

I think her opponent does matter. 

Archived