Trump even more unhinged after midterms

homersapien

On 11/16/2018 at 4:11 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Provide facts for each point and let's discuss each point. Not that difficult unless of course you are a weasel. 

Wow...talk about wasted space on the server...I wonder how many GB on this server have been wasted asking for facts or answers from homey...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wow...talk about wasted space on the server...I wonder how man GB on this server have been wasted asking for facts or answers from homey...

Not as many as you have wasted on silly gifs in trying to avoid my questions.

Tell us which of those bullet points is false.  Which one is a "lie"?

Then tell us again you aren't a Trumper. :rolleyes:

Regarding Trump's claim of "victory":

It was a blue tide, not a blue wave: While some results have been slow to arrive, they show that Democrats had more success in the elections than was immediately clear.

Thursday was a bad day for House Republicans.

In the morning, Maine officials declared that Democrat Jared Golden had defeated Representative Bruce Poliquin, the last Republican in Congress from New England, with the aid of the state’s new instant-runoff voting system. Then, in the evening, the Associated Press projected that Democrat Katie Porter would unseat Representative Mimi Walters, yet another loss for the GOP in historically rock-ribbed Orange County, California. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the O.C., Democrat Gil Cisneros edged ahead of Republican Young Kim.

There have been a surprising number of these bad days for Republicans since November 6, which was itself a pretty bad day. As the outstanding races continue to gradually come in, they are changing the way the midterm elections look. Instead of the “blue wave” that pundits predicted before Election Day, it’s more like a blue tide—rolling slowly but inexorably in and washing Republicans away.

Here’s a quick recap:

• On November 8, Kim Schrier beat Dino Rossi in Washington State’s Eighth House District, replacing Republican Dave Reichert.
  • The same day, Lucy McBath closed out a win over Republican Karen Handel—who had beaten Jon Ossoff in the heavily covered 2017 special election in Georgia’s Sixth.
  • On November 9, Katie Hill was projected as the winner over Representative Steve Knight in California’s Twenty-Fifth, north of Los Angeles.
  • On November 10, Harley Rouda was projected to beat Representative Dana Rohrabacher in Orange County, in California’s Forty-Eighth.
  • On November 12, Republican Martha McSally conceded to Democrat Kyrsten Sinema in the U.S. Senate race in Arizona.
  • On November 13, Josh Harder pulled out a win over Representative Jeff Denham in the tenth district, in California’s Central Valley.
  • On November 14, Representative Tom MacArthur conceded to Democrat Andy Kim in New Jersey’s third district.

It was clear on Election Night that Democrats would win the House, but the scale of the victory was perhaps underappreciated. Why did such a big win seem initially underwhelming?

For one thing, there were several major moral defeats for Democrats Tuesday night. Beto O’Rourke, the most hyped Democratic candidate of the cycle, lost his Senate race against the incumbent Ted Cruz. That wasn’t unexpected—an O’Rourke win would have been an epochal surprise—but it took some wind out of the sails of Democrats.

A few Democrats who were expected to win also appeared to lose. In Florida, polling showed the gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum and Senator Bill Nelson both with an edge, but when the results came in, they were down. Neither race is officially called yet, and the Senate contest is headed to a hand recount, but Republicans Ron DeSantis and Rick Scott lead in those two races, for governor and Senate, respectively. In Georgia, Democrat Stacey Abrams also trails Republican Brian Kemp in a close, and closely watched, race.

Second, a sort of progressive-pundit panic took hold early in the night on November 6. The first upset of the evening had Democrat Jennifer Wexton unseating Representative Barbara Comstock in Virginia, but then there was a long stretch without big Dem wins. Liberals started to get edgy, as they do. The longtime operative James Carville declared, “It’s not going to be a wave election.” CNN’s Van Jones called the results “heartbreaking.” The narrative took on a life of its own, spreading contagiously across TV and Twitter. Even your faithful correspondent was swept up by the sense that Dems were falling short. Later in the night, as more results came in, it became apparent that Democrats were sticking closely to projections—but the narrative of underwhelming results, once established, stuck.

Finally, many of these results, especially those in California and in Arizona, took days to arrive. That shouldn’t be a surprise. Many of these races were always going to be close, and both of those states often report vote totals late. But without the results immediately available, it wasn’t clear just how well Democrats had done—for example, that they might have just about conquered Orange County.

There are still those six U.S. House seats to go, plus the Florida and Georgia races. But even if Democrats lose all of those, which seems unlikely, their success on Election Day will have been huge—and bigger than it seemed on Election Night.

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Thursday was a bad day for House Republicans.

We know that Brother Homer. Do not need to be a self proclaimed genius like you realize it. What is new?

Presidents Lose Seats Regardless Of How Well They’ve Done Implementing Their Agenda

https://medium.com/@marcushjohnson/why-does-the-presidents-party-lose-seats-in-the-midterm-elections-ee84760a69ae

Now these democrats can work hard every day doing nothing other than attempting to oust President Trump. Maybe they can revitalize the Russia garbage and make you very happy.

Great to see you and your cheerleader @icanthearyou ala ITCHY up early on the beautiful Saturday morning.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

We know that Brother Homer. Do not need to be a self proclaimed genius like you realize it. What is new?

Presidents Lose Seats Regardless Of How Well They’ve Done Implementing Their Agenda

https://medium.com/@marcushjohnson/why-does-the-presidents-party-lose-seats-in-the-midterm-elections-ee84760a69ae

Now these democrats can work hard every day doing nothing other than attempting to oust President Trump. Maybe they can revitalize the Russia garbage and make you very happy.

Great to see you and your cheerleader @icanthearyou ala ITCHY up early on the beautiful Saturday morning.

I never said anything concerning the norm for midterms.  I just refuted Trump's claim that it was a "great victory".

And the Russian investigation is still quite active. There's no need to "revitalize" it.  And based on Trump's obsession with it, there must be something there. If he were as innocent as he claims, why mention it, much less ranting about what a fraud it is?

Great to see you up and reading my posts!

2 hours ago, homersapien said:
3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I never said anything concerning the norm for midterms.  I just refuted Trump's claim that it was a "great victory"

Yes, you are correct. I should have perhaps refrained from posting as I did. It is a great and gorgeous Saturday regardless.

>The Gulf is calm and beautiful at PCB.

>Auburn will win a football game today.

>We have a president other than Hillary and good times reflect it.

I have to head down to "ground zero" and do little work now. Still no internet connection. Ease on down to Port St Joe later and catch a little of the game at a local watering hole.

Keep on fighting the fight to belittle Trump every chance you get. I know it must get tiring.

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Evidence for each point. Rules are rules. Quit being a weasel!!

An effort to produce evidence for what is self evident and common knowledge is a fool's errand - something that a weasel like you would demand to evade the facts.  If you dispute the validity of anything I listed, say so and I will provide the evidence. 

Of course, it would be a whole lot quicker to just search each claim on your own. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

An effort to produce evidence for what is self evident and common knowledge is a fool's errand - something that a weasel like you would demand to evade the facts.  If you dispute the validity of anything I listed, say so and I will provide the evidence. 

Of course, it would be a whole lot quicker to just search each claim on your own. :rolleyes:

You’re treading water now, son. We demand evidence. Provide it or shut the **** up

8 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re treading water now, son. We demand evidence. Provide it or shut the **** up

On 11/17/2018 at 1:55 AM, DKW 86 said:

Wow...talk about wasted space on the server...I wonder how many GB on this server have been wasted asking for facts or answers from homey...

Told you so...Complete waste of time and server space even asking him to back anything with a fact or answer a question. 

If you get it, it will only be due to myself and others embarrassing him about it. 

Trump, did not do anything near as bad as some Presidents in a midterm. in 2010, Obama lost 66? seats in the HOR. 
The Dems lost seats in the Senate due to the lopsided numbers there. 
Again, for ALL of the BREATHLESS HOOPLA, it wasnt as big a deal as advertised. It wasnt a historical level event. There are some late polls coming in and they are indeed good. But if we are just going to keep electing Nancy Pelosi to SOH and nothing changes in DC, then you better get ready to lose in the future. If the Dems want to change the future for more than one cycle, they had better change the business model. IE, Quit talking about RUSSIANS! and start talking about everyday issues. YOU WIN ON THE ISSUES. 

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Told you so...Complete waste of time and server space even asking him to back anything with a fact or answer a question. 

If you get it, it will only be due to myself and others embarrassing him about it. 

Trump, did not do anything near as bad as some Presidents in a midterm. in 2010, Obama lost 66? seats in the HOR. 
The Dems lost seats in the Senate due to the lopsided numbers there. 
Again, for ALL of the BREATHLESS HOOPLA, it wasnt as big a deal as advertised. It wasnt a historical level event. There are some late polls coming in and they are indeed good. But if we are just going to keep electing Nancy Pelosi to SOH and nothing changes in DC, then you better get ready to lose in the future. If the Dems want to change the future for more than one cycle, they had better change the business model. IE, Quit talking about RUSSIANS! and start talking about everyday issues. YOU WIN ON THE ISSUES. 

Typical Trumper - "Fake News"!

12 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yeah, right.  Fake news. :rolleyes:

I don't give a s*** about what you "demand".  Pick out any given point you think is false and I will provide the evidence since you are too lazy to look it up. 

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, right.  Fake news. :rolleyes:

I don't give a s*** about what you "demand".  Pick out any given point you think is false and I will provide the evidence since you are too lazy to look it up. 

I pick all of them. Now provide evidence! My patience is running thin.

"My patience is running thin."    :rolleyes:

If your "patience was running thin" you might consider that "googling" any specific claim I've laid out far quicker than trying to get me to provide the same information.  What a little jerk you are. 

You should be ashamed to some of your lines of "argument".  As a law student, you should know better.  It diminishes me to reply to some of your posts.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:29 PM, homersapien said:
  • Announces election outcome was a great victory.
  • Takes away a reporter's security credentials.
  • Insists doctored video shared by white house isn't doctored
  • Trashes losing GOP candidates, blaming them for not embracing him enough.
  • Fires Jeff Sessions via twitter
  • Appoints a guy as the temporary AG who has conflicts of interest and a shady past.  (And then claims he doesn't know him, contradicting earlier statements that he did.)
  • Launches racist-based personal attacks against three black reporters.
  • Claims voter fraud in Florida with no evidence
  • Tweets that California wildfires are due to poor forest management
  • Makes a petulant fool of himself in Europe during and after the European armistice ceremonies.

Trump does not handle opposition well. 

President Trump handles opposition extremely well. 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

I don't give a s*** about what you "demand".  Pick out any given point you think is false and I will provide the evidence since you are too lazy to look it up

On 11/9/2018 at 9:29 PM, homersapien said:
  • Appoints a guy as the temporary AG who has conflicts of interest and a shady past.  (And then claims he doesn't know him, contradicting earlier statements that he did.)
  • Makes a petulant fool of himself in Europe during and after the European armistice ceremonies.
  • Trump blasts "little Allen Schitt on twitter

Trump does not handle opposition well.  The new house will conduct their oversight duties that the Republican house ignored.  Trump is going to get worse as things evolve.  A lot worse. \

Things are shaping up about like I expected they would.  Even starting to see some speculation about primary challengers to Trump.

(List last updated 11-18-18)

• Blasts "little Adam Schitt" on twitter

Trump does not handle opposition well.  The new house will conduct their oversight duties that the Republican house ignored.  Trump is going to get worse as things evolve.  A lot worse. \

Things are shaping up about like I expected they would.  Even starting to see some speculation about primary challengers to Trump.

(List last updated 11-18-18)

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

Typical Trumper - "Fake News"!

AAANNNDDD the lie machine keeps going and going and going...

Image result for lie machine

• Blasts "little Adam Schitt" on twitter.
  • Thinks MBS is innocent because he said he was. :laugh:

Trump does not handle opposition well.  The new house will conduct their oversight duties that the Republican house ignored.  Trump is going to get worse as things evolve.  A lot worse.

(List last updated 11-19-18)

updated

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

"My patience is running thin."    :rolleyes:

If your "patience was running thin" you might consider that "googling" any specific claim I've laid out far quicker than trying to get me to provide the same information.  What a little jerk you are. 

You should be ashamed to some of your lines of "argument".  As a law student, you should know better.  It diminishes me to reply to some of your posts.

Are you going to provide evidence or not?

31 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Are you going to provide evidence or not?

Wasting your time with this....half of the list he provided is suspect, some were justified and some just wrong.....but it fulfills his mission I guess. 

Meanwhile,  these are the kinds of geniuses DT has to deal with in Europe

Emmanuel Macron Calls for ‘True, European Army’ to Protect Against U.S., China and Russia

French President Emmanuel Macron has urged the creation of a “true, European army” to protect the continent from Russia, China and the United States. 

"We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America," Macron told Europe 1 radio on Tuesday, Agence France-Presse reported.

And of course he would want the US to pay for it....

Archived