Deshaun Davis on fake FG

aubiefifty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So maybe I missed it, why such butt hurt for a throat slash gesture?

...from a fan in the stands too. Not even on the field.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Maybe I should be more clear but it sure looked like his dad was doing a throat cut pantomime when they showed him in the stands as Swift was running to score. Am I wrong at what I saw or are their folks that think that’s ok? I know that kids get thrown out of games for it are parents not held to the same standard ?

Parents are the same as any other fan in the stands and officials have no idea who they are.  Let's say I did that gesture after a big play against Bama from section 10.  Should I too be thrown out?  C'mon man.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

You're right. My main point is that if you giggled when we did that to poor ole Arky nobody should be feeling sensitive about it when we are on the wrong end of a butt kicking.

Gadget plays are well within Auburn’s offense and it was four minutes left into the third quarter, not the fourth.

smh some of you people.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Gadget plays are well within Auburn’s offense. 

Sure, but the bottom line is the same. Both teams were trying to score with the game out of reach. And I'm here for it.

Just now, Tiger said:

Sure, but the bottom line is the same. Both teams were trying to score with the game out of reach. And I'm here for it.

Teams in the NFL don’t even take their stars out until the fourth quarter during blowouts. Did you watch tbe Steelers or Saints games?

What would be more comparable is you telling me what Gus did with four minutes left in the fourth. Bet you won’t do it

Teams in the NFL don’t even take their stars out until the fourth quarter during blowouts. Did you watch tbe Steelers or Saints games?

What would be more comparable is you telling me what Gus did with four minutes left in the fourth. Bet you won’t do it

I watched the Steelers dismantle my Panthers, but didn't watch the Saints.

I'm confused, what did Gus do with 4 mins left in the 4th?

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm confused, what did Gus do with 4 mins left in the 4th?

He had tbe team run the ball. I, too, am confused. How is a typical Gus gadget play in tbe third even close to comparable to what Kirby did late in the fourth.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So maybe I missed it, why such butt hurt for a throat slash gesture?

Cuz it was thUga against Auburn.. so it sucks.

Now if an AU player's Dad did that after a long TD run to nail the Dawgs, it would be AUSOME!!!!

😎

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What's ironic is that complaining about late trick plays and throat slash gestures is suuuuuuuuuuch a uga thing to do. 

Damn that Deshaun Davis guy. I bet Gus put him up to this!!!!! Amirite!!

He had tbe team run the ball. I, too, am confused. How is a typical Gus gadget play in tbe third even close to comparable to what Kirby did late in the fourth.

Was the Arky play in the 3rd? I don't know. I just remember we ran something like that when we were blowing them out and how Arky fans were pissed about it at the time and the overwhelming response on here was "if ya don't like it, stop it!". I don't remember the specific details I just remember the *blowback" from Arky fans regarding the play.

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Was the Arky play in the 3rd? I don't know

Yes. There was four minutes left in tbe third. 

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I just remember we ran something like that when we were blowing them out and how Arky fans were pissed about it at the time and the overwhelming response on here was "if ya don't like it, stop it!".

I mean maybe if it was late in the game, and maybe if Burt didn’t admit that he hated Gus they’d have a point. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes. There was four minutes left in tbe third. 

I mean maybe if it was late in the game, and maybe if Burt didn’t admit that he hated Gus they’d have a point. 

Ok, 4 mins left in the game makes it a little different. Still, though I am a big time subscriber to being able to score as much as possible and as often as possible. I think it helps in the development of the team. 

And given the circumstances of the rivalry ("dog crap", recruiting battles, etc), I'm ok with Kirby trying to show us up just like I hope we do all we can to embarrass him and UGA.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

To be fair, these are vastly different situations.  NFL teams can only dress 53 players each week.  SEC teams get an extra 20-30 guys each week during conference games, so the rosters have the depth to absorb benching guys.

Now, I'm on the side of play the game full out.  If they had scored running their offense, then whatever.  But running a fake FG in that situation was bush league.  Not sure how old you are, but you may not remember when Richt did something similar in 2003.  Let's just say payback was sweet in 2004.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To be fair, these are vastly different situations.  NFL teams can only dress 53 players each week.  SEC teams get an extra 20-30 guys each week during conference games, so the rosters have the depth to absorb benching guys.

Now, I'm on the side of play the game full out.  If they had scored running their offense, then whatever.  But running a fake FG in that situation was bush league.  Not sure how old you are, but you may not remember when Richt did something similar in 2003.  Let's just say payback was sweet in 2004.

:)  I'm glad they tried the FG instead of that pass right up the middle like they seemed able to do any time they needed a first down...

44 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You’re probably right about the NFL. Still, at that point in the third quarter, our team should still. be thinking about finishing strong

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Ok, 4 mins left in the game makes it a little different. Still, though I am a big time subscriber to being able to score as much as possible and as often as possible. I think it helps in the development of the team. 

And given the circumstances of the rivalry ("dog crap", recruiting battles, etc), I'm ok with Kirby trying to show us up just like I hope we do all we can to embarrass him and UGA.

I’m all for playing within ones offense until the final whistle. I wish we use the backup and play at our normal pace and within normal offensive gameplay. However, fake FG’s are unnecessary and I will appreciate their karma when it arrives.

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Parents are the same as any other fan in the stands and officials have no idea who they are.  Let's say I did that gesture after a big play against Bama from section 10.  Should I too be thrown out?  C'mon man.

No but I am saying that Uga should have asked him to apologize. Do you really think if one of our parents did this live on tv we would at least request they make a public apology. What kind of presidency does it set for the players. I applaud my kids and grandkids but I do not flip off or make gestures  at opposing players. How would Swift’s dad react if it was turned around. I bet he would not like it.

23 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No but I am saying that Uga should have asked him to apologize. Do you really think if one of our parents did this live on tv we would at least request they make a public apology. What kind of presidency does it set for the players. I applaud my kids and grandkids but I do not flip off or make gestures  at opposing players. How would Swift’s dad react if it was turned around. I bet he would not like it.

I honestly don't think he would care tbh. And I am dead serious. 

9 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Swift wouldn't give two craps.  Also, seems like the players know not to do it, as the Swift was never disrespectful in the game.

What we don't know is if this is something he and his dad havd done together for years between the two of them.  Sorry bud, but you're being way too over-sensitive on this one.

So I did see d. Swift's father's throat slash, and I for one miss the throat slash. I think it should be brought back. Reminds of of a better time. In regards to Kirby and fake fg, how many times had Gus blown 20 point leads? I'm all about scoring as much as possible. Play to win at all times or lose. If you don't want the other team scoring... Simple solution ... Stop it. As Spurrier used to say when he threw the ball throughout 4th quarter leads...."welp, our QB had to get his throws in'" lol

100,000 people in the stands and we are are talking about a player’s father’s gesture after his son makes a big time score.... while we complain about them not scoring 6 when 3 was a given and not letting players play the game ...hope our recruits don’t see this thread   We have much bigger issues like a jack leg overpaid coach that is crippling the program, but let’s pretend our fans are different with “class”.   Throwing that label out is what losing teams say to to make themselves feel better about losing.  We need to move on.  

Archived