Deshaun Davis on fake FG

aubiefifty

6 minutes ago, hooverwareagle1 said:

It was BS and for most teams it would piss them off and they would remember it the next time we played, but our guys never seem to get pissed off about anything.  1. If you have to find motivation to play UGA then something is wrong with you and 2. Team takes on the personality of their leader.  We are wussies.  UGA was glaringly bigger, stronger and tougher than us.  They would knock your head off and we arm tackle. Every time we made a tackle, their RB was falling forward. We just didn't  seem to have the heart to lay it on the line.  I think the team would follow Deshaun Davis to hell and back. Not sure there are many more of those on the team.  Too soft.  

thUGA also plays extremely dirty and needs a good plow line across the face. If I see another Georgia defender twist a leg or place another forearm across the neck of our players again I might lose it. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU64 said:

The old 'ball coach" once said something to the effect that "our job is to score points and their job is to try and stop us".....and it works in reverse.

Gotta disagree with our guy.....it's not UGa's job or even should it be an expectation that they should decide when to call off the dawgs.   I understand he was not happy about the loss....but that was not a good quote.   JMO

What did we score last year...something like 40?   

When the old ball coach wanted to score he left his offense on the field. He didn't try or have to be sneaky about it. That was bush league.

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I seem to remember Tubs scoring on a team late and the media let him have it. It was called unsportsmanlike.

It was against MSU in 2002 and the reason was his rivalry with Jackie Sherrill that went back to 1995 at Ole Miss.

His quote after the game, "We don't like him (Sherrill) anyway."

I loved the call. I wish we had a coach that was willing to stomp down when his foot is on the opponents neck.  How many times have we given up 14+ pt leads and lost?  This is how you prevent that from happening ever again. Stay aggressive and make the opponent stop you. Screw their and their fans feelings.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I loved the call. I wish we had a coach that was willing to stomp down when his foot is on the opponents neck.  How many times have we given up 14+ pt leads and lost?  This is how you prevent that from happening ever again. Stay aggressive and make the opponent stop you. Screw their and their fans feelings.

There are limits to pounding on an obviously defeated team ...but  17 is not that much theses days and dawgs are in a beauty contest for the playoffs and the additional points ...no matter how they got them, probably helps.

I don’t blame uga at all for the call. Thy were playing to win and improve their footing in the CFP. I agree with DDs secomd comment . “ we shouldn’t have put ourselves in this position.” This isn’t like running up the score on South Alabam, that doesn’t count for anything, but putting 20 on the #24 team does.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can’t remember AU giving up a 17 point lead with 4 minutes left. 

It was a chance for them to do a play in real time just in case they need it later. I'm not mad at it. 

I have a question though, if we talk about uga player's like thuga and all of that, what are we? We damn near recruited every big time player they got. How can we make pretend we are on some higher moral plane than them?

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I have a question though, if we talk about uga player's like thuga and all of that, what are we? We damn near recruited every big time player they got. How can we make pretend we are on some higher moral plane than them?

We aren’t. Saying stuff like that makes us feel better about mediocre results though.

Having said that, I’m glad Zach Smith isn’t  an ex-Auburn coach given his latest Twitter outburst, lol.

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

"it was, in the words of (Gus) Malzahn, a bullcrap call."

Not a good look from Deshaun but it sounds like he was taking his cues from Gus. And this is a very Gus-like thing to say. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not a good look from Deshaun but it sounds like he was taking his cues from Gus. And this is a very Gus-like thing to say. 

This is a very anti-Gus thing to say. 

What did Gus actually say?

I didn’t like the call. Karma is a B. He can coach aggressive without trying to run the score up. He could’ve had a 20 point lead. But nope, he chose a low percentage play and ended up with less points. Good job bowl cut boy. 

2 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

There is a difference in running your offence and continuing to score and running trick plays and continuing to score. 

Probably better for us that they tried a trick play....we showed little ability to stop any conventional offensive play most of the second half....maybe since a couple minutes to go in the first half.    It was done and did not work out.....good for us...

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It was a chance for them to do a play in real time just in case they need it later. I'm not mad at it. 

Simmer down Cole - all those thugs on our rivals teams are classless, street trash that are bought and paid for with booster/rec $$- they are pure trash lead by evil HC's.  Ignore that fact that AU recruits and runs on the same exact recruiting trails & pulls a lot of talent from GA too. 

59 minutes ago, fredst said:

Having said that, I’m glad Zach Smith isn’t  an ex-Auburn coach given his latest Twitter outburst, lol.

Man, that guy is something else, huh? Spicy.

Like you said, exactly why you never say that things can't get worse. 

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

Simmer down Cole - all those thugs on our rivals teams are classless, street trash that are bought and paid for with booster/rec $$- they are pure trash lead by evil HC's.  Ignore that fact that AU recruits and runs on the same exact recruiting trails & pulls a lot of talent from GA too. 

My bad dude, I didn't know lol

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

'bought time you joined our tin-foil hat brigade.

:cheers:

Instead of ignoring what you said to ignore, I'm going to ignore you said it.

:whistle: ;)

It is distasteful. I wish our coach was a neck-breaker like this though. Too bad for us.

The bright side: At Auburn, we're just having a generic bad season. At UGa, they have it all on the line, in three weeks they're gonna get monkey-stomped. 

The joke's on them 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

We aren’t. Saying stuff like that makes us feel better about mediocre results though.

I'm not hip. I'm going to have to look him up

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man, that guy is something else, huh? Spicy.

Like you said, exactly why you never say that things can't get worse. 

I am a geezer and don't do twitter.  What did Zac Smith say?

Archived