Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

12 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

What happened to Josh Moon? I know its the weekend but the silence is deafening.

And just a couple days ago people complained he was saying too much and I said as soon as he stops you will have people complain about the silence. 

I knew it. I called it 2 days ago. Hilarious.

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I've already called my shot.

He'll be fired after the aTm game when they're 2-2.

I say after we lose at LSU next year 

1 hour ago, chimes said:

Which UGA quarterback of recent memory would you NOT gleefully add to our current roster?

Greyson Lambert

55 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Fromm still has another year, right? 

Fromm has two years left to play.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Some guy called into The Drive last week who has been watching Bo play football since he was on JV or something. He basically said Auburn's number 1 goal should be to insure Bo signs with Auburn. That he's a program changer. Got me really excited about the kid. That's probably why Gus is basically willing to stay at Auburn no matter what. He wants this kid to come in and save his career. Lol. The catch is, Bo will only develop if Gus is gone.

Maybe Gus will take over the offense as the HC/Coordinator and use that extra slot for a real QB coach?

I know his offenses have been pedestrian at best but can Pat Nix develop QBs? His son is one thing, but could he develop our other QBs? I wouldn't mind that.

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Question. Why did we waste scholarships on Willis and Gatewood as qb's? Wouldn't those schollies have been better used on OL's?

I don't follow recruiting as religiously as others on this sight, but I'm guessing Herb Hand didn't have a bunch of quality targets lined up that we just couldn't fit into those classes.  You left off Tyler Queen among others....

5 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Question. Why did we waste scholarships on Willis and Gatewood as qb's? Wouldn't those schollies have been better used on OL's?

There are several good High School linemen on the roster. They have to be evaluated correctly, pan out and be developed. So, a few of these 3 may not have worked out for them.

7 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Maybe Gus will take over the offense as the HC/Coordinator and use that extra slot for a real QB coach?

I know his offenses have been pedestrian at best but can Pat Nix develop QBs? His son is one thing, but could he develop our other QBs? I wouldn't mind that.

As repulsive as this sounds, it's the only thing that makes sense of the question "Why would Patrick Nix allow his son to suffer under Gus, certainly he knows better?".

There have been a bunch of talented QBs that have come through Auburn since Brandon Cox graduated. Trotter,Mosely,Frasier, JJ, Queen,Woody,Stidham,Sean,Gatewood,Cord,Willis. Gus is good at getting these guys signed. Where would we be now if he and Chiz had just put their ego aside and hired a QB coach?

What I'm saying is if I were those two I'd be pissed that Gus is trying to get Kelly Bryant here and doesn't think they can get the job done .

4 minutes ago, jluvah said:

What I'm saying is if I were those two I'd be pissed that Gus is trying to get Kelly Bryant here and doesn't think they can get the job done .

What I'm saying is that Gus should have already been fired by now just based on QB development, more specifically lack of.  My God, how did we he so completely screw the pooch with Kiehl Frazier and Jeremy Johnson....??!!

21 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

And just a couple days ago people complained he was saying too much and I said as soon as he stops you will have people complain about the silence. 

I knew it. I called it 2 days ago. Hilarious.

I say after we lose at LSU next year 

Greyson Lambert

Fromm has two years left to play.

Take a look at his 2015 stats and say again- with a straight face- that you wouldn’t happily add Lambert to our current roster. 

4D46EE60-D233-4849-BCC2-EFC3BAB0BF58.png

1 hour ago, DAG said:

And what are you basing your two claims on?

Nothing more than my opinion seeing all parties involved play. Just like 99.999% of everyone on here. 

16 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There have been a bunch of talented QBs that have come through Auburn since Brandon Cox graduated. Trotter,Mosely,Frasier, JJ, Queen,Woody,Stidham,Sean,Gatewood,Cord,Willis. Gus is good at getting these guys signed. Where would we be now if he'd just put his ego aside and hired a QB coach?

I thought Chip was a QB coach and OC??

12 minutes ago, 92AU said:

Nothing more than my opinion seeing all parties involved play. Just like 99.999% of everyone on here. 

Well Kelly Bryant has played collegiate football so there is stats to prove what he can do at this level. There is no opinion on that part. 

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

You could get it back on track if you call Moon and tell him Gus' team is working on a 5 year/$24M deal at Kansas State.  

Come on now, don’t you know Josh Moon double and triple checks his sources before posting anything? He also helped us win the cold war over the former Soviet Union with his intel.

At the same time, Bob Stoops and his agent are both pathological liars!

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I thought Chip was a QB coach and OC??

He is. But so was Lashlee. I guess the guys on roster right now are yet to be seen, but if Gus is out there trying to get KB, it tells me that the development of Chip's guys hasn't gone as planned.

26 minutes ago, jluvah said:

It’s not like Bryant is transferring in as a sophomore. He will be a senior while Bo is in his freshman year and it is not often that true freshman QBs start anyway.

2 hours ago, 92AU said:

I'd take BN's leadership skills over JS's already. We aren't doing jack squat next year anyway. IMO, Bo will be the starting QB next year KB or not. 

If Gus is here he won’t because he won’t trust him no mater how good he is. We are fortunate that Bo is Auburn through and through other wise he could go to quite a few high ranking D1 schools. They just didn’t bother because they knew he was an AU legacy .

Just for the record though I want every one to take a minute and reflect. In SEC football AU was number 5 out of 7 in the west the two below us was a team with a new coach and another on probation. In the SEC overall we tied for tenth with Vanderbilt, only UT ( which beat us at home) and OM and Arky finished below us. It doesn’t get much worse than that. If Leath doesn’t fire Gus then the BOT needs to fire him . If neither happens we need to start a drive to replace the entire BOT. Everybody involved has disgraced AU and it’s family.

Interesting what Kelly did at Notre Dame after going 4-8 and feeling the heat. I thought he would get canned for sure. He goes out replaces coordinators, other coaches, etc and he rights the ship. Just something to think about, maybe Gus needs to shoot him an email.

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Interesting what Kelly did at Notre Dame after going 4-8 and feeling the heat. I thought he would get canned for sure. He goes out replaces coordinators, other coaches, etc and he rights the ship. Just something to think about, maybe Gus needs to shoot him an email.

Add a weak schedule and skip playing a conference championship game and you're golden.  Clemson crushed Pitt yesterday; ND beat Pitt by 5 points this season.  

Watching this show...no coach from Saban’s 2015 title is on the staff now. His process and consistency is something to appreciate. We need to find a coach with some type of winning process from the time you step in the building and off the field. 

13 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Do you think Gus is going to replace his coordinators? And if he replaces the OC will he let the new guy run his offense?

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Add a weak schedule and skip playing a conference championship game and you're golden.  Clemson crushed Pitt yesterday; ND beat Pitt by 5 points this season.  

ND beat more ranked teams than Clemson did this year.  Oh, ND also didn't play a single FCS team.  Clemson did.  So who has the weak schedule again?

And if we're bringing up Pitt, then you need to also bring up Syracuse.  Clemson only beat Cuse at home by 4. ND drilled them by 33 at a neutral site.

Archived