Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

33 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

oh so Gus has a hotline to Fields? Nice had no idea. 

Yeah, Fields has a bat signal to contact Gus, only instead of a bat, it's a gigantic waffle.

12 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Chip is not staying. He is waiting to be let go. Probably will wait until after early signing to see what shakes down. 

Gus is talking to a couple of other programs, at the nudging of the AD. Surprise--not much interest.

Looking more and more like we have Gus for better or worse through next year. If so, expect many assistant changes/scatter.

I have heard no credible local sources to suggest that there was a signed contract with decreased buyout. 

That's the facts as of right now: 12/1

Why do you think Chip is staying? I know he is in contention for UT OC, but I really think they might be going for someone proven to be capable of beating Saban (Freeze). I think with Gus' meddling there is no sure-fire way to say that Chip was responsible for the offensive performance last year against Bama. Where else would he go?

I just don't see any other coordinators leaving. Maybe some assistants, but not any big coordinators.

I wholeheartedly agree on the no credible local source. I think it was all BS.

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

He gone....with $100k

Gone where?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Gus staying makes me sad. Oh well, let’s get the $2 million from him that he promised for the football facility and 💩-can him ASAP after next year.

why wait til end of season we should fire him once we go 2-4 then get a headstart on the coaching carousel.

What happened to Josh Moon? I know its the weekend but the silence is deafening.

6 minutes ago, nutspanther said:
13 minutes ago, fredst said:

He gone....with $100k

Gone where?

Anywhere but AU. He’ll land somewhere and his career will be better off for it.

U

16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Interesting that JGT called tbe Stoops stuff mostly fake. 

Also, one of the two (JGT, Matthews) said Leath was nearly ousted at the board meeting but didn’t get enough votes.

Thanks for link.  Interesting opinions and other SEC teams love all this.

8 minutes ago, mayor4522 said:

U

Thanks for link.  Interesting opinions and other SEC teams love all this.

Well if you are a UGA fan you gotta have something to laugh about seeing how that 2nd national title remains tantalizingly out of reach.

24 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

why wait til end of season we should fire him once we go 2-4 then get a headstart on the coaching carousel.

I've already called my shot.

He'll be fired after the aTm game when they're 2-2.

I am beginning to believe everything put out was a bunch of bull.. someone leaked lies.. starting with the stoops story maybe to make Gus uncomfortable.. there was never going to be a renegotiation of his contract... honestly maybe Gus is not all about the money but how crazy could you be to renegotiate your contract when you know everyone wants you out anyway and agree to be a lame duck. No way this happened. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

you could just say nothing

What? 

14 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I am beginning to believe everything put out was a bunch of bull.. someone leaked lies.. starting with the stoops story maybe to make Gus uncomfortable.. there was never going to be a renegotiation of his contract... honestly maybe Gus is not all about the money but how crazy could you be to renegotiate your contract when you know everyone wants you out anyway and agree to be a lame duck. No way this happened. 

This is my thoughts exactly.

Our future head coach!! Got the contract talk beard growing out right now lol.

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Chip is not staying. He is waiting to be let go. Probably will wait until after early signing to see what shakes down. 

Gus is talking to a couple of other programs, at the nudging of the AD. Surprise--not much interest.

Looking more and more like we have Gus for better or worse through next year. If so, expect many assistant changes/scatter.

I have heard no credible local sources to suggest that there was a signed contract with decreased buyout. 

It just seems impossible to keep this mess together with no one being happy with the way things have went down. Do you see any way out of this for everyone involved? Thanks.

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Truth be told, this is what we were expecting before all the rumors started.  The only real question left is who will be OC next season.  

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Any word on who Gus is talking to? He seems like such a logical choice for Tech, who already has the run, read option talent in place.

Plus Gus sorta looks like the Yellow Jacket.

8 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

What happened to Josh Moon? I know its the weekend but the silence is deafening.

He had a source or sources telling him that some AU folks reached out to Stoops and got some interest in return, that some of the people who write the checks were only for firing Gus if a homerun hire like Stoops could be made, and that there was an effort to try and put the screws to Gus and make him leave on his own or negotiate the buyout down.  After that it seems like all the parties involved have clamped down on the leaks and we're in a mode of statis where it looked more and more like Gus is staying.  What else is there to say?

10 hours ago, creed said:

Is Fields better than what we have?

Um, yes.  Stidham is all but gone.  Nix will be a true freshman and that's not usually a good thing for QBs in the SEC.  How is this even a question?

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Um, yes.  Stidham is all but gone.  Nix will be a true freshman and that's not usually a good thing for QBs in the SEC.  How is this even a question?

It's a question because I haven't seen Fields play except for two plays last night. Has he played enough to show he's better than any of our qbs? Don't give me subjectivity.

2 minutes ago, creed said:

Has he played enough to show he's better than any of our qbs? 

Yes. And tbe reason why he doesn’t play is because the incumbent is a playmaker that excels under defensive pressure. 

Fields better go ahead and transfer to Auburn if you know what I mean. 

13 minutes ago, creed said:

It's a question because I haven't seen Fields play except for two plays last night. Has he played enough to show he's better than any of our qbs? Don't give me subjectivity.

Note: I just reviewed his stats. Zero passes so far this year. Kind of being used like our backup QB Miller by not being allowed to throw the ball.

Don't know what stats you're looking at. We don't have a QB named Miller and Fields has passed the ball. I'm positive he's thrown touchdowns, at least two if not more

Archived