Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't know what stats you're looking at. We don't have a QB named Miller and Fields has passed the ball. I'm positive he's thrown touchdowns, at least two if not more

Scratch that I was looking at a bad site and will edit my post.

I reviewed his stats and they look good!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't know what stats you're looking at. We don't have a QB named Miller and Fields has passed the ball. I'm positive he's thrown touchdowns, at least two if not more

tenor.gif?itemid=6014869

6 minutes ago, creed said:

Scratch that I was looking at a bad site and will edit my post.

I reviewed his stats and they look good!

Ok. I was just going off memory so I don't know about ints or completion percentage or anything like that, but I remember seeing him throw a couple of td's

this is so depressing....i'm dreading next season already.....i watched games yesterday, coached by real coaches, with real offenses and players that executed those offenses....i am thinking my consecutive game streak will end during the 59th year....gus clouseau has broke me, and thats not a bad thing come to think of it....i could be doing other things on saturday beside being miserable and disgusted by what i see

19 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

this is so depressing....i'm dreading next season already.....i watched games yesterday, coached by real coaches, with real offenses and players that executed those offenses....i am thinking my consecutive game streak will end during the 59th year....gus clouseau has broke me, and thats not a bad thing come to think of it....i could be doing other things on saturday beside being miserable and disgusted by what i see

Just can't wait to see what Jimbo and Mullin have in store for us in consecutive weeks next September.

57 minutes ago, creed said:

It's a question because I haven't seen Fields play except for two plays last night. Has he played enough to show he's better than any of our qbs? Don't give me subjectivity.

He's had limited playing time because of Fromm but when he's been in, he's done quite well for the most part.  For the season he's 27 of 39 for 328 yds (69.2% completion %), 4 TDs and no INTs.  He's also rushed 42 times for 266 yds (6.3 yds per attempt) and 4 rushing TDs.

So yes, he's better than Willis, Gatewood, Sandberg, and a high schooler right now.  Add to that the eyeball test and I'm confident I'd take him in a heartbeat.

59 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Um, yes.  Stidham is all but gone.  Nix will be a true freshman and that's not usually a good thing for QBs in the SEC.  How is this even a question?

Pretty sure Fromm and Trevor Lawrence started as freshmen so have others. I think a lot of folks are underestimating Bo Nix. Remember Pat was a pretty good QB and he has been training him since birth. Bo will be much more mature on the football field than your average freshman. You may not be ultra impressed with his performance as a HS , even though he set a record for most yards ever produced. If you follow HS football Pinson wasn’t Hoover in terms of personal. With Bo coming in early and going through spring practice, I would not be surprised or sad if he is the starter next year. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Pretty sure Fromm and Trevor Lawrence started as freshmen so have others.

Yes, but it's rare.  And Fromm only did so out of necessity.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think a lot of folks are underestimating Bo Nix. Remember Pat was a pretty good QB and he has been training him since birth. Bo will be much more mature on the football field than your average freshman. You may not be ultra impressed with his performance as a HS , even though he set a record for most yards ever produced. If you follow HS football Pinson wasn’t Hoover in terms of personal. With Bo coming in early and going through spring practice, I would not be surprised or sad if he is the starter next year. 

It's not underestimating a guy to say that 99% of the time, a QB right out of high school - even very highly rated ones - are not ready to lead an SEC team on the level of Auburn.  I'm very impressed with his high school performance.  But I've been watching college football for a long time now and I know how this drill tends to go.  Even the great ones usually need a season to acclimate before you throw them the keys.  That's why we're in such hot pursuit of Kelly Bryant.  He gives us a year to allow Nix to get ready.

But the question was simply, "is Justin Fields better than what we have" and the answer to that right now is pretty much an unqualified yes.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's had limited playing time because of Fromm but when he's been in, he's done quite well for the most part.  For the season he's 27 of 39 for 328 yds (69.2% completion %), 4 TDs and no INTs.  He's also rushed 42 times for 266 yds (6.3 yds per attempt) and 4 rushing TDs.

So yes, he's better than Willis, Gatewood, Sandberg, and a high schooler right now.  Add to that the eyeball test and I'm confident I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Not sure this matters...can't see him leaving now from Georgia...but he was much higher rated coming out of HS than our guys.    I don't put much stock in his stats this year from the few times I have seen him play.  Raw but talented.

Just now, AU64 said:

Not sure this matters...can't see him leaving now from Georgia...but he was much higher rated coming out of HS than our guys.    I don't put much stock in his stats this year from the few times I have seen him play.  Raw but talented.

Yeah, it's a total hypothetical.

I'm not sure why any QB would want to come into a chaotic situation with a lame-duck coach that almost no one likes playing one of the toughest schedules in the toughest conference in the nation next year. Especially with our offensive line and weak backfield. 

1 hour ago, creed said:

It's a question because I haven't seen Fields play except for two plays last night. Has he played enough to show he's better than any of our qbs? Don't give me subjectivity.

Which UGA quarterback of recent memory would you NOT gleefully add to our current roster?

Sounds like this thread has digressed into something along the lines of 'whose star QB would we really like to transfer to AU"? Getting back on topic, it was only a few days ago that people on this site as well as some others were declaring' yep things are definitely going on behind the scenes'. Now it is the weekend. Nobody really expected anything to come out over the weekend right? So can anybody give a really strong case that the machinations are over and 'there's nothing to see here move along!'

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

Sounds like this thread has digressed into something along the lines of 'whose star QB would we really like to transfer to AU"? Getting back on topic, it was only a few days ago that people on this site as well as some others were declaring' yep things are definitely going on behind the scenes'. Now it is the weekend. Nobody really expected anything to come out over the weekend right? So can anybody give a really strong case that the machinations are over and 'there's nothing to see here move along!'

What topic? It’s all rumored based. Unless you see a thread with an official announcement , you aren’t getting anything from this one.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

What topic? It’s all rumored based. Unless you see a thread with an official announcement , you aren’t getting anything from this one.

ok good attempt I guess

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, but it's rare.  And Fromm only did so out of necessity.

It's not underestimating a guy to say that 99% of the time, a QB right out of high school - even very highly rated ones - are not ready to lead an SEC team on the level of Auburn.  I'm very impressed with his high school performance.  But I've been watching college football for a long time now and I know how this drill tends to go.  Even the great ones usually need a season to acclimate before you throw them the keys.  That's why we're in such hot pursuit of Kelly Bryant.  He gives us a year to allow Nix to get ready.

But the question was simply, "is Justin Fields better than what we have" and the answer to that right now is pretty much an unqualified yes.

We wasn’t implying you were wrong on your answer, you were right, at this point JF is better. I’m just saying it’s not often you get the son of a proven D1 QB that has been his coach all his life. The kid is extremely football smart. Personally I think if anyone beside AU was getting him he would easily be a 5 star. He is in my book anyway. I just want the coaches to give him a fair shot in spring and summer and not hold back because he is a freshman if he has the most upsides. Gus is notorious about that. Plus I’m sure we are not getting JF period.

Where has all this talk of Fields come from? He’s not leaving UGA and even if he did I doubt he’d come here. Saturday has came and gone and no staff changes are going to be made unless they leave for another job. I wouldn’t get your hopes up on someone being fired. All we can do is put together this recruiting class. Hopefully get Bryant in here for one year and hope that Gus actually does some soul searching before next season. He has the capability and is smart enough to come up with a solid offense but his ego gets in the way.

14 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

We wasn’t implying you were wrong on your answer, you were right, at this point JF is better. I’m just saying it’s not often you get the son of a proven D1 QB that has been his coach all his life. The kid is extremely football smart. Personally I think if anyone beside AU was getting him he would easily be a 5 star. He is in my book anyway. I just want the coaches to give him a fair shot in spring and summer and not hold back because he is a freshman if he has the most upsides. Gus is notorious about that. Plus I’m sure we are not getting JF period.

I'd take BN's leadership skills over JS's already. We aren't doing jack squat next year anyway. IMO, Bo will be the starting QB next year KB or not. 

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

That's an impressive streak you have going. I hate to see you break it over Gus, if you didn't break it when Barfield was here. Hang in there it's all ways darkest before the dawn.

I wonder if Fields regrets his decision to stick with his silent commit to AU. 

Fromm still has another year, right? 

And somewhat back on topic, I just love how all of these rumors have escalated before early NSD. 

8 minutes ago, 92AU said:

I'd take BN's leadership skills over JS's already. We aren't doing jack squat next year anyway. IMO, Bo will be the starting QB next year KB or not. 

And what are you basing your two claims on?

3 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I wonder if Fields regrets his decision to stick with his silent commit to AU. 

Fromm still has another year, right? 

And somewhat back on topic, I just love how all of these rumors have escalated before early NSD. 

Fromm is only a Sophomore 

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

You could get it back on track if you call Moon and tell him Gus' team is working on a 5 year/$24M deal at Kansas State.  

Some guy called into The Drive last week who has been watching Bo play football since he was on JV or something. He basically said Auburn's number 1 goal should be to insure Bo signs with Auburn. That he's a program changer. Got me really excited about the kid. That's probably why Gus is basically willing to stay at Auburn no matter what. He wants this kid to come in and save his career. Lol. The catch is, Bo will only develop if Gus is gone.

Archived