Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Our last two coaches have something in common . They both suffer from serious ego problems. Chiz couldn’t enjoy the NC cause Gus got to much credit for it so he ran off Gus. Gus couldn’t stand it when Chip got the credit for winning those two games last year against uga and uat so he took calling the offense back. Both could have been basking in high cotton if they would have just toned their ego down a little.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Any news on Gus’ contract situation? I am finding it hard to believe he settled for a lesser amount. Is this true? 

That's what it's looking like. Crazy af right?

I suppose it is safe to say nothing will happen while hosting KB this weekend. 

Am I wrong to assume at this point Gus is staying  at least thru next year and does any of our more informed -experienced  posters have a quess as when we the fan base might  be told  something? 

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

Any news on Gus’ contract situation? I am finding it hard to believe he settled for a lesser amount. Is this true? 

We have no proof, but this is Auburn, so it must be true.

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I suppose it is safe to say nothing will happen while hosting KB this weekend. 

Good point.  Given that Chip just made 100,000 more, I’m guessing he’s sticking around too. 

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

What do we have?

Miller, Gatewood, Sandberg(?) and possibly Nix.

49 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

So he can win the east lol........at the end of the day it means little if he cant get to the championship.

Well Kirby in three years has done what Gus has done in 6. Plus his team is on an upwards trajectory with recruits. He also can seemingly improve his players as they play for him.

1 minute ago, mayor4522 said:

Am I wrong to assume at this point Gus is staying  at least thru next year and does any of our more informed -experienced  posters have a quess as when we the fan base might  be told  something? 

Gus will be Auburn's coach next year. Looking like Chip will be OC. I don't think the contract was renegotiated at this point anymore. Gus is going for KB. Hopefully he tries to get Fields to transfer as well. Assuming all goes to plan, KB starts next year, takes us to a 10-1 or 9-2 regular season with a win over UGA.  Then Fields takes over.

Hope I'm right.

37 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Our last two coaches have something in common . They both suffer from serious ego problems. Chiz couldn’t enjoy the NC cause Gus got to much credit for it so he ran off Gus. Gus couldn’t stand it when Chip got the credit for winning those two games last year against uga and uat so he took calling the offense back. Both could have been basking in high cotton if they would have just toned their ego down a little.

Chizik's ego did not cause him to lose the team in 2012.

25 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

Hopefully he tries to get Fields to transfer as well.

oh so Gus has a hotline to Fields? Nice had no idea. 

29 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

Well Kirby in three years has done what Gus has done in 6. Plus his team is on an upwards trajectory with recruits. He also can seemingly improve his players as they play for him.

Gus will be Auburn's coach next year. Looking like Chip will be OC. I don't think the contract was renegotiated at this point anymore. Gus is going for KB. Hopefully he tries to get Fields to transfer as well. Assuming all goes to plan, KB starts next year, takes us to a 10-1 or 9-2 regular season with a win over UGA.  Then Fields takes over.

Hope I'm right.

What happens to Pat Nix Jr in this equation? 

Chip is not staying. He is waiting to be let go. Probably will wait until after early signing to see what shakes down. 

Gus is talking to a couple of other programs, at the nudging of the AD. Surprise--not much interest.

Looking more and more like we have Gus for better or worse through next year. If so, expect many assistant changes/scatter.

I have heard no credible local sources to suggest that there was a signed contract with decreased buyout. 

That's the facts as of right now: 12/1

53 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Good point.  Given that Chip just made 100,000 more, I’m guessing he’s sticking around too. 

He gone....with $100k

14 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

I'm not so sure he'll say anything more about it. It seems he is directly tied to Gus. Heck, he may be gone before Gus.

FWIW, I live in Columbus, GA area, which borders Alabama, with Phenix City, AL across the river. The town is distinctly divided by 3 fan bases: Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama. I work with both a Alabama grad and UGA grad. In talking with them about all this Gus contract stuff, they kind of dismiss it as performance based reduction of buyout. So, while it's a hot topic to us on the internet and amongst other AU fans, the other fan bases don't really seem that interested in it. My Georgia buddy said "no one in their right mind walks away from millions of dollars." (Insert Gus joke now). But my two cents is I don't think we get much out of Leath because it's not growing, if anything it's dying off.

Agree!

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Gus is talking to a couple of other programs, at the nudging of the AD. Surprise--not much interest.

im-completely-surprised-this-is-my-shock

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Chip is not staying. He is waiting to be let go. Probably will wait until after early signing to see what shakes down. 

Looking more and more like we have Gus for better or worse through next year. If so, expect many assistant changes/scatter.

I have heard no credible local sources to suggest that there was a signed contract with decreased buyout. 

That's the facts as of right now: 12/1

Gus staying makes me sad. Oh well, let’s get the $2 million from him that he promised for the football facility and 💩-can him ASAP after next year.

Archived